Author Topic: limit eny when we have low players  (Read 13570 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: limit eny when we have low players
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2019, 09:28:23 AM »
NO.  They CAN'T.   Unless tangling with B-17s that pull 12 Gs is considered fighting...

Is that the alternative I suggested? You are sloppy and dishonest. Match play against AI is one of the other arenas but it's not your only choice is it?

As I keep pointing out, nobody is pretending everything is fine. That's just dishonest BS.

I'm sure Fess's opinion gets the regard it deserves, same as yours.   :cheers:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2019, 09:39:42 AM »
Is that the alternative I suggested? You are sloppy and dishonest. Match play against AI is one of the other arenas but it's not your only choice is it?

As I keep pointing out, nobody is pretending everything is fine. That's just dishonest BS.

I'm sure Fess's opinion gets the regard it deserves, same as yours.   :cheers:

Thanks for reminding me why I had you on ignore.   

Going from one lowly populated arena to an empty one with a tag along is REDUNDANT.   Hello?  Hello?

It's also not something that requires a subscription.    Like it or not people pay to play in the Melee Arena and the incentive for doing so diminishes with every frustrated subscriber who leaves for good.   Your parroting of YOU CAN HAVE FUN IN OTHER ARENAS is quite true, just not in the way YOU think.  Those arenas appear to be in other games in the opinions of many.   

Moving from no fun to no fun is an exercise in futility.    It is not a solution.    Open your eyes.

Fess is right.   I am right.   You are not.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »
I can read quite well, thanks.   

ALSO means in addition to. 

Consequences are results.   

Thus one of the three listed and acceptable RESULTS/CONSEQUENCES of ENY is to cause people to log off.

The PURPOSE is side balancing.    One of the ways this is done, supposedly, is by people logging off.

Expressly and clearly stated.

1 - Encourage side change.
2 - Give advantage.
3 - Cause log off.

The third option seems to be winning out over option one.   It looks like it is time to rebalance rebalancing.

Keep twisting and misrepresenting what HiTech had stated to fit your agenda.  He never said that the stated purpose of ENY was to get players to log off.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2019, 09:46:09 AM »
Keep twisting and misrepresenting what HiTech had stated to fit your agenda.  He never said that the stated purpose of ENY was to get players to log off.

Correct.   The PURPOSE is side balance.   The mechanism is ENY.  He listed logging off as the THIRD RESULT, not THE ONLY result, which I made plain from the get go when I said ONE OF THE.   

In a way it's more like the second result that the player can initiate.   Advantage is not directly in control of the player.   

Thus the player can switch sides or log off.

Parse away boys.   He said what he said.   If he didn't mean that he would have corrected me when I quoted it to him the three times I did it before  quoting it here.  He can always clarify.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:54:48 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2019, 09:57:48 AM »

Going from one lowly populated arena to an empty one with a tag along is REDUNDANT.   Hello?  Hello?

It's also not something that requires a subscription.    Like it or not people pay to play in the Melee Arena and the incentive for doing so diminishes with every frustrated subscriber who leaves for good.   Your parroting of YOU CAN HAVE FUN IN OTHER ARENAS is quite true, just not in the way YOU think.  Those arenas appear to be in other games in the opinions of many.   

Moving from no fun to no fun is an exercise in futility.    It is not a solution.    Open your eyes.

Fess is right.   I am right.   You are not.

OK, you can't have fun dueling another person 1v1. Noted. 

So I'm wrong about some people being able to have fun together.

And the CAPITOLS don't indicate anything in particular.  :rofl

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2019, 10:02:13 AM »
OK, you can't have fun dueling another person 1v1. Noted. 

So I'm wrong about some people being able to have fun together.

And the CAPITOLS don't indicate anything in particular.  :rofl

Been there.  Done that.   Bored with it.   And it's not like everyone is chomping at the bit to go to Dueling which has a host of issues that make it less than ideal.    Nevermind that you're siphoning off players from Melee which only makes it emptier.

Some people enjoy staring at the sun, but I doubt you can get enough of them to pay you for the privilege to make it a viable business.

You mean CAPITALS but any way.   They indicate PLENTY to those with proper reading skills.  :aok    I'll let you determine if that includes you.   I make no judgments.   :devil
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:06:24 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2019, 10:06:30 AM »
Correct.   The PURPOSE is side balance.   The mechanism is ENY.  He listed logging off as the THIRD RESULT, not THE ONLY result, which I made plain from the get go when I said ONE OF THE.   

In a way it's more like the second result that the player can initiate.   Advantage is not directly in control of the player.   

Thus the player can switch sides or log off.

Parse away boys.   He said what he said.   If he didn't mean that he would have corrected me when I quoted it to him the three times I did it before  quoting it here.  He can always clarify.

Looks like you left out a few words that change the meaning of Hitech's quote.  He said the consequence of people logging off because of ENY is not worse than the people logging off because of unequal sides.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2019, 10:30:07 AM »
Looks like you left out a few words that change the meaning of Hitech's quote.  He said the consequence of people logging off because of ENY is not worse than the people logging off because of unequal sides.

I've already addressed that and argued it to be false in the current climate.   Indeed, it hasn't been like that for years. 

It is also undisputed that one DESIRED RESULT of ENY is for players to log off.  It's working like a charm in that regard, as I also stated previously.

You get balance two ways: people switch or people log off.  People sure aren't logging over hordes--because we don't have any with 27 players online.  But they are logging out because of ENY under those same circumstances.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:33:10 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
... Nevermind that you're siphoning off players from Melee which only makes it emptier.

Siphoning from the high number side and decreasing ENY like it's designed to. Good point.  :aok

Yes you argue that it only works with higher numbers. HiTech disagrees. 

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2019, 10:35:24 AM »
Siphoning from the high number side and decreasing ENY like it's designed to. Good point.  :aok

Who says the only people leaving are from the high side.  That's a leap.  :aok :aok :aok

But regardless, now you admit logging off is an intended result, exactly as I stated.    :aok :aok :aok

Yes you argue that it only works with higher numbers. HiTech disagrees.

Hitech can think what he wants.    If that's his position I respectfully suggest he's wrong.    His customers are making that pretty clear.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:39:46 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2019, 10:54:25 AM »
Who says the only people leaving are from the high side.  That's a leap.  :aok :aok :aok

But regardless, now you admit logging off is an intended result, exactly as I stated.    :aok :aok :aok

Hitech can think what he wants.    If that's his position I respectfully suggest he's wrong.    His customers are making that pretty clear.

Are people complaining about ENY because the other side has it? Seriously?

I would never say that consequences equals intended results. It's clear that consequences equals results and "intended' is just you editorializing and pretending that unintended consequences for a best case scenario is not a real thing.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »
Are people complaining about ENY because the other side has it? Seriously?

I would never say that consequences equals intended results. It's clear that consequences equals results and "intended' is just you editorializing and pretending that unintended consequences for a best case scenario is not a real thing.

I complain about it because it means my targets log off.   That's no fun.

The intended results are side balance through switching or log offs.   When we had 270 players a log off wasn't fatal.  With 27 players it pretty much is, as the OP tried to explain.

Doesn't matter.  You win by default because it won't be changed.   Enjoy your Pyrrhic Victory, bruh.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:19:09 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2019, 11:19:23 AM »
I don't duel on the forum. I just explain things to people. That's one of our differences.

If you're bored with the game you should do something else that's fun.  :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
I don't duel on the forum. I just explain things to people. That's one of our differences.

If you're bored with the game you should do something else that's fun.  :aok

You explain a view that doesn't correlate with reality.   I deal in reality.  I explain things as they ARE not as I PREFER them to be.   That's one of our differences.   

I already do multiple other things that are fun.  Brilliant advice.  I am certain it is most helpful in attracting players to Aces High.  Hitech should thank you.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:25:07 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2019, 11:28:18 AM »
I would like for everyone posting in this thread, to go back and look at what Lusche and I have posted!

And if it has been done away with, then everyone should be requesting/wishing HTC to reinstate it

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC