Author Topic: limit eny when we have low players  (Read 13725 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: limit eny when we have low players
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2019, 06:37:21 PM »
This comment may get a ton of flak, more than likely from the ones who fall into one of the categories I highlight below.
However, The ENY issue has a very simple solution, just institute an inactivity kick! No movement for 15 minutes (example) and you are booted. Quite common in MMO games. That clears the tower of the players who use a second account (some have admitted to having a second account in this thread) to spy or to raise the eny and also the ones who wait for the win in absentia.
As to changing sides, many are loyal their country and won’t do that, I think that is called, a team player!
While we are at it, off map death would be nice to keep peope from “gaming the game”

1. You HIGHLIGHTED nothing.
2. You're a TROLL.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2019, 06:54:01 PM »

As to changing sides, many are loyal their country and won’t do that, I think that is called, a team player!
While we are at it, off map death would be nice to keep peope from “gaming the game”

I'm a team player... just the team changes from time to time...

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2019, 01:24:32 AM »
I don't see any problems with FESS having multiple accounts, he don't use them to do nefarious things!

HTC keeps a close watch on the IP address and such, that there is nothing to conjure up about it or any player....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2019, 05:01:26 AM »
I don't see any problems with FESS having multiple accounts, he don't use them to do nefarious things!

HTC keeps a close watch on the IP address and such, that there is nothing to conjure up about it or any player....

Thanks TC.  Wardog was just trolling.  I never have my accounts logged on at the same time, I simply use them to circumvent both ENY and when the side I am on is being ignored so I need to change to a side with a fight.

I pay extra for this but I accept that charge as a part of the game.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2019, 11:13:46 AM »
ENY worked when there were tons of players and serves no purpose with the dwindling AH population.  Perhaps another system perhaps higher perk costs or perking lower eny rides and removing ENY? But something needs to be done.  When the ENY gets upwards of 16 to 18 the Pigs go play other games.  That can't be good... :(
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2019, 01:12:28 PM »
ENY has become such a problem, in Planetside 2, I've pissed off a group of infiltrators who hide with cloaks to snipe you with the equivalent of 50 BMG with 12x scope. I'm using the equivalent of an M14 with a 6x scope, no cloak what so ever, just using real world "hide" methodology to bag them. Last night they placed a global bounty on me anyone from the 2 other countries can collect. That cost them real game cash to have it tagged onto my Icon becasue I've POed them so bad. AH like no other game teaches you incredible lead calc on the fly. A running person is nothing compared to a Yak3 with the spastic runs.

I only started playing Planetside 2 less than a month ago but, after 17 years, that is how much ENY is killing the fun of the current AH game for all of POTW since we established a POTW Outfit in PS2. I don't like FPS games but, it sucks in the MA always logging in with POTW to play the game in "garbage ride" versus "good ride" mode.

On weekends POTW ends up fighting against 2 countries each with 1000 players dedicated to killing us. Like I said, I don't like FPS games becasue they are the worst case scenario of hardware wars. He who has the biggest baddest PC and equipment usually does better than 90% of the community in the game. It forced me to get a 165hz, 1ms latency PC monitor so I could see in fights with hundreds of players. My old 60hz, 5ms monitor dropped to 4-20FPS during those gigantic fights. Now my new monitor drops 60-75 and I kill things.

Here in AH3 my FPS is 165 and I'm flying mostly garbage rides all the time becasue of ENY watching the tail end of late war rides run off into the distance for their next HO and pick run. My compliments to all the skinners, I can see their incredible skill with each Ole HO pass now.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2019, 01:49:25 PM »
ENY has become such a problem, in Planetside 2, I've pissed off a group of infiltrators who hide with cloaks to snipe you with the equivalent of 50 BMG with 12x scope. I'm using the equivalent of an M14 with a 6x scope, no cloak what so ever, just using real world "hide" methodology to bag them. Last night they placed a global bounty on me anyone from the 2 other countries can collect. That cost them real game cash to have it tagged onto my Icon becasue I've POed them so bad.

...so...you're being successful with a garbage outfit against people with good outfits....?  Outstanding!

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2019, 02:25:08 PM »

...so...you're being successful with a garbage outfit against people with good outfits....?  Outstanding!

- oldman

Me on the other hand stopped playing planet side because I couldn't compete with my garbage ride.  Just no fun.

Some of the pigs have stopped playing because of eny. It's sad to see more pigs playing planet side than ah. Even pigs that haven't played ah are coming into discord.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2019, 03:33:25 PM »

- oldman

The important part to take away here is that he is doing it in a DIFFERENT game because of the issues here.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »
There are no garbage rides, just garbage pilots.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2019, 03:44:24 PM »
The important part to take away here is that he is doing it in a DIFFERENT game because of the issues here.

Yup pissing those people off so they leave that game or add something like eny.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »
Even I have learned to read between Bustr's lines.  This is what is important to glean from his post.  The Pigs are one of the largest squads left in Aces High 3 and we are beginning to game elsewhere.  This should be concerning.  :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »
I've always assumed I'm dealing with grown up intellegent men in this forum. So I try to respect them with intelligent and nuanced writing. Now if I'm wrong, we can get Lawndart to review my writing and post the short bus window lickers cribbed version. And the man has worn out bus windows on all 22 1\2 continents on our unkown planet.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2019, 05:59:34 PM »
Lawndart knows how to read????? Who knew!  :devil

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2019, 06:14:00 PM »
Even I have learned to read between Bustr's lines.  This is what is important to glean from his post.  The Pigs are one of the largest squads left in Aces High 3 and we are beginning to game elsewhere.  This should be concerning.  :uhoh

Have you guys tried the new COD that just came out?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.