Author Topic: Two sides  (Read 15544 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Two sides
« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »
Times change, for what its worth, Dale doesn't.  (Image removed from quote.)

you said a mouthful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2019, 07:02:13 PM »
just lime Dale does.

Learn something new everyday.....

I didn't know he just lime, heh

I prefer my scotch on the rocks (preferably 2 ice cube squares)

I prefer my patron tequila straight....no lime, no salt or anything else....

I prefer my moonshine straight out of the jar.....

:D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2019, 07:04:47 PM »
Times change, for what its worth, Dale doesn't.  (Image removed from quote.)

Just venturing a guess here but chances are, resetting the infrastructure of present maps, from 3 to 2 sides would require a sizable modification of coding. My next guess is that Dale is/has/will be moving on to new pastures given the updates we've seen in the past year or so.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2019, 07:09:03 PM »
Player mentality state of wanting to be on the side with the advantage is what makes 2 sides Main arena play a no-go.... That simple

Ciaphas, the above quoted part is what was the most important takeaway you should have picked up on....not the time frame of when some testing was done....

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2019, 07:09:52 PM »
Just venturing a guess here but chances are, resetting the infrastructure of present maps, from 3 to 2 sides would require a sizable modification of coding. My next guess is that Dale is/has/will be moving on to new pastures given the updates we've seen in the past year or so.

He can code it to disable one side and offset that with ENY adjustments for the remaining two. 

It’s not an insurmountable hurdle. 

Frankly, he’s made a lifetime of money off this game as it is.   He could close it down tomorrow and not miss it. 

We already have two sides with the added benefit of pissing off a third of the players on a daily basis due to their inability to find a fight...

Player retention.

Fewer bases. 

Two sides. 

Any of these three things would be a massive help. 

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »
Ciaphas, the above quoted part is what was the most important takeaway you should have picked up on....not the time frame of when some testing was done....

Hope this helps

TC

We never had this “problem” in WBs. 

If it doesn’t work after trying it for a few tours he can always go back. 

Frankly, Lazerr said it best above. 

If you dont think splitting 50 players 3 ways, and limiting exposure to eachother is a huge problem here....you are huffing glue.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2019, 07:13:02 PM »

Hope this helps

TC

That's an easy fix, don't allow side switching.

The time elapsed between tests is very important as the old data was based on player actions from 20+ yrs ago and does not take in to account players from the last 10-15 yrs.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »

The time elapsed between tests is very important as the old data was based on player actions from 20+ yrs ago and does not take in to account players from the last 10-15 yrs.

Ding ding ding ding ding. 

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2019, 07:30:36 PM »

If you want to use player's actions from the past 10 to 15 years, that is great!

It makes my posting regarding "players mentality to want to be on the side with the advantage / or winning side" even stronger!

15+ years ago players did a better effort of self balancing.....and didn't avoid fighting

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »
If you want to use player's actions from the past 10 to 15 years, that is great!

It makes my posting regarding "players mentality to want to be on the side with the advantage / or winning side" even stronger!

15+ years ago players did a better effort of self balancing.....and didn't avoid fighting

The side with the advantage and the winning side are not mutually exclusive.

10+ yrs ago we had a massive player base with hundreds online at the same time. Avoiding fights took some work and there was way more aggression in the game. Now people log in to go through their normal routines.

Those days are gone.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2019, 08:15:52 PM »
If two countries are better than three why has AH had more players than WB for 20 years? How many have switched to WB since the numbers dropped "too much" for three sides?

If the problem is people avoiding certain fights then dropping one country changes something else.

People act a way that's unpopular, then they want Hitech to force the people they insult to play with them.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2019, 10:21:26 PM »

They probably didn’t have a six-hour side switch timer that got them stuck with either no fight or ENY...
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2019, 10:22:38 PM »
If two countries are better than three why has AH had more players than WB for 20 years? How many have switched to WB since the numbers dropped "too much" for three sides?

If the problem is people avoiding certain fights then dropping one country changes something else.

People act a way that's unpopular, then they want Hitech to force the people they insult to play with them.

WBs didn’t die due to number of sides (two).   

And let’s not pretend AH is not following a similar trajectory with three sides.

People want Hitech to provide a service worth fifteen bucks a month.   That generally includes the ability to regularly find a fight. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2019, 11:14:49 PM »
WBs didn’t die due to number of sides (two).   

And let’s not pretend AH is not following a similar trajectory with three sides.

Point is two sides didn't save WB.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2019, 11:16:05 PM »
Point is two sides didn't save WB.

Is 3-sides saving Aces High?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.