Author Topic: Wow HiTech!  (Read 2093 times)

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
Wow HiTech!
« on: December 28, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »

I have to say that I am completely impressed that you have the intestinal fortitude to keep this game and BBS up and going even though you are told multiple times a day how much and how hard you are blowing it.  I would have kicked the plug out of the wall long ago!  I would have to imagine that such a skill set would be better used somewhere else besides a video game :)
<S>
Dougie 

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Wow HiTech!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 06:34:56 AM »
Blowing it?
He made a game that has been running for 20 years. Not only that, he made it with a crew that has fewer people than the number of janitors in large studios.

:salute
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 08:33:22 AM »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 09:11:56 AM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »
Blowing it?
He made a game that has been running for 20 years. Not only that, he made it with a crew that has fewer people than the number of janitors in large studios.

:salute
I think he is talking about all the posts other people are making saying this. OP is giving HTC kudos.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 08:53:54 AM »
I think he is talking about all the posts other people are making saying this. OP is giving HTC kudos.

That is how I understood it too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 10:51:15 AM »
I have to say that I am completely impressed that you have the intestinal fortitude to keep this game and BBS up and going even though you are told multiple times a day how much and how hard you are blowing it.  I would have kicked the plug out of the wall long ago!  I would have to imagine that such a skill set would be better used somewhere else besides a video game :)
<S>
Dougie

I'll second the motion.  Hitech has made this wonderful game, and then he is told constantly that he is doing it all wrong.  I am always amazed that he puts up with all the abuse he gets.  I am also very grateful, because I love flying in Aces High, even though I don't get to do it very often.

:salute :salute :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 11:07:08 AM »
I am very grateful that I have been able to enjoy this great game over the years.

Thank you HiTech!

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »
+1

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
Gent's we all know what he likes.  Lets get them bottles rolling.  :cheers:  Funny, I was thinking the same thing recently.  Thanks Hitech for making such a great game, don't let all these old men discourage you.  :old:
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 12:49:09 PM »
<S> HiTech and thanks for the entertainment.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »
Was just thinking the same.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 02:18:42 PM »
Agree

Great game

Many thanks   :cheers:
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 02:29:57 PM »
If the game is going so great, how come the two late war arenas were about full all the time and now about 150 players is about normal, plus the early and mid war arenas are gone. I would like to know.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 03:09:38 PM »
If the game is going so great, how come the two late war arenas were about full all the time and now about 150 players is about normal, plus the early and mid war arenas are gone. I would like to know.

And that is the answer Hitech and many of us or trying to answer.  There are many individuals who believe it is because Hitech won't make the changes that they demand.  Most of those changes would change Aces High into something very different, which would be bad.

Some people want an arcade game, while Aces High is built on a real flight simulator.  Some people just can't deal with the learning curve.  The goal then is to help people get up that learning curve so they can learn and appreciate what we have here.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 03:20:56 PM »
And that is the answer Hitech and many of us or trying to answer.  There are many individuals who believe it is because Hitech won't make the changes that they demand.  Most of those changes would change Aces High into something very different, which would be bad.

Some people want an arcade game, while Aces High is built on a real flight simulator.  Some people just can't deal with the learning curve.  The goal then is to help people get up that learning curve so they can learn and appreciate what we have here.

Which roles back to proper mandatory preflight trainingfor "new" accounts and a training corps that is reachable whenever a trainer is online by having the trainers names a different color in the roster and announcing when a trainer is online via arena wide message. Of course give the trainer the option to choose "not available" before entering an arena if they choose not to train during their time online.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario