Author Topic: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash...  (Read 4790 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash...
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 09:22:39 PM »
A touch indelicate, no?

No.  Unless the investigation turns up evidence of a mechanical problem (...well...hey, it IS a helicopter...), this was one of those "we have to get there, why can't we go now?" situations.  The pilot should have known to tell them to take a minivan instead (which, in LA traffic, would have guaranteed they'd miss the game), but he made a try for it.  Hard to say "no" to Kobe and his family and guests.

I've been in that situation.  I suspect most of us have.  You have to tell yourself, well in advance, that you'll stick by the weather forecast.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 11:12:11 PM »
A touch indelicate, no?

i feel the same, feel bad for the loss of  life but i feel worst for people i knew,  like the last two long time ah players that just passed away.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 03:45:24 AM »
A touch indelicate, no?

No. The only reason that this helicopter was pushing through those conditions was the rich guy in the back ordering the pilot (who should have said no) to do so. Too many years of being the crowd pleaser, and making the money made him think he was infallible (my assumption, sure). Take away that little orange ball and who is Kobe? Just another adulterer in my book. Sure, if he brought you hours and hours of fun watching him win you might feel different. I don't feel that way about the NBA, at all.

I have much more compassion for the loss of people that have played AH that I don't know any more than Kobe. Much.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 07:24:58 AM »
The pressure can be self imposed too. Not necessarily anything was said. Of course the client's past behavior would affect the likelihood of it happening.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 07:35:36 AM by mora »

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 07:26:34 AM »
No. The only reason that this helicopter was pushing through those conditions was the rich guy in the back ordering the pilot (who should have said no) to do so. Too many years of being the crowd pleaser, and making the money made him think he was infallible (my assumption, sure). Take away that little orange ball and who is Kobe? Just another adulterer in my book. Sure, if he brought you hours and hours of fun watching him win you might feel different. I don't feel that way about the NBA, at all.

I have much more compassion for the loss of people that have played AH that I don't know any more than Kobe. Much.

You misspelled rapist
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 08:06:56 AM »
IMO, the helicopter fell out of the sky due to engine failure.

Like Toad said. The helicopter was going way too fast and was completely obliterated.

To easy to hack computers in planes these days. Homeland security has written reports about it.

Happened during Republican impeachment hearings. Q called a state funeral 2 days before (albeit was not a political figure, but damn close)

Same airport The Standard Hotel manager was killed in a helicopter crash. Not a correlation, but suspicious.

Kobe was definitely in the cabal and had children's foundations tied to China and Epstein.

The #s game rituals add up.

Predictive programming in a cartoon showed Kobe dying in a helicopter crash.

Its a tragedy for sure, especially for the kids on board, but these people who sell out all have it coming eventually.

Here's a link from Tru Reporting that has some interesting connections. https://youtu.be/R1_b-Pf3KNw
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:26:13 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 09:35:55 AM »

Like Toad said. The helicopter was going way too fast and was completely obliterated.

To easy to hack computers in planes these days. Homeland security has written reports about it.

Happened during Republican impeachment hearings. Q called a state funeral 2 days before (albeit was not a political figure, but damn close)

Same airport The Standard Hotel manager was killed in a helicopter crash. Not a correlation, but suspicious.

Kobe was definitely in the cabal and had children's foundations tied to China and Epstein.

Its a tragedy for sure, especially for the kids on board, but these people who sell out all have it coming eventually.

Here's a link from Tru Reporting that has some interesting connections. https://youtu.be/R1_b-Pf3KNw

Well damn. I had no idea such knowledge and insight existed. Imagine the money to be saved now that we can shut down the NTSB. It's was just one more of those conspiracies. :bhead
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 12:04:25 PM »
Well damn. I had no idea such knowledge and insight existed. Imagine the money to be saved now that we can shut down the NTSB. It's was just one more of those conspiracies. :bhead

Celebrities and or famous people dying in plane crashes or helicopter crashes are always a conspiracy.  There are way more underlying factors to the cabal and its ways than many people realize until they actually start studying it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 02:27:03 PM »
Looks like CFIT.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »
Looks like CFIT.

No idea yet Puma if the pilot was instrument rated but it sure sounds like a bad day to depart VFR and get the clearance airborne. I'm not familiar with the terrain in the Glendale area either.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2020, 07:43:15 PM »
No idea yet Puma if the pilot was instrument rated but it sure sounds like a bad day to depart VFR and get the clearance airborne. I'm not familiar with the terrain in the Glendale area either.

Going from the link I sent up-thread, he was instrument rated; but getting a clearance through the LA Bravo can take a long time.  Sounds like when he realized he couldn't keep VFR cloud distances, he asked for SVFR to get through the Bravo, given the lower restrictions on cloud clearance permitted by SVFR.  When ATC told him he was too low to see on their radar, he climbed into the cloud.  My guess is that, not being on instruments to that point, vertigo took over and he entered the fatal left turn.  Guess we'll see, there's certainly going to be a lot of focus on this accident.

If you haven't seen it before (OK, OK, Oldman, we know you keep posting it), useful to watch this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7t4IR-3mSo

I post that yet again because it shows what happened to John Kennedy Jr, I suspect it shows what happened to Kobe, and I know that seeing the video at one of AOPA's seminars probably saved me and my sons from disaster, simply because I saw it before I took a flight that put me in that situation and knew to turn around and contemplate for a moment.

And one question I still have:  If you're in a helicopter...why don't you just put it on the ground and think it through?

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:59 AM »

what happened to the old days when if you wanted a guy dead all you had to do was walk behind him and shoot him.

now they do some complicated crap and deamonslayet finds out about it.

maybe next hit, shoot deamonslayet first, then nobody finds about it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 04:56:33 AM »
You misspelled rapist

Kobe's wife once admitted she was aware he had been with a hundred women. Athletes privilege = adultery when they're married.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 08:51:24 AM »
what happened to the old days when if you wanted a guy dead all you had to do was walk behind him and shoot him.

now they do some complicated crap and deamonslayet finds out about it.

maybe next hit, shoot deamonslayet first, then nobody finds about it.

semp

Hey Semp,

My ARs my lawyer when it's on it represent for me.  ;)

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »
Kobe's wife once admitted she was aware he had been with a hundred women. Athletes privilege = adultery when they're married.

That's true; one doesn't preclude the other and athlete's privilege also seems to equal having rape charges downgraded to sexual assault and settling out of court. So adulterer and rapist
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17