Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126197 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2020, 06:23:01 PM »
He was probably murdered for exposing the virus like he did. Its China. You cant believe what they are telling you.

I'm really talking about Americans though.

oh thank you doctor, I was beginning to get worried, a virus that only attacks 70 year olds.

sucks for those that are 69 years and 364 days old.

wait I have another question, since this is a leap year, do they get an extra day?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2020, 07:46:56 PM »

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2020, 07:57:03 PM »
He was probably murdered for exposing the virus like he did. Its China. You cant believe what they are telling you.

I'm really talking about Americans though.

Does it really matter what they say. Some people with the proper angst will believe whatever they want regardless of facts presented. It’s called fact resistance. So much input from a alternate reality does that to people.

Thankfully the earth is flat so walking to the end of it and finding the great snake god Zorp is possible.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2020, 08:28:48 PM »
The earth is shaped like a pizza pie, round and flat at the same time  :old:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2020, 08:57:24 PM »
The earth is shaped like a pizza pie, round and flat at the same time  :old:

Stuffed crust to keep the rising seas in place.

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2020, 09:38:00 PM »
So now a different look..... how will this end up affecting the tax base. Will we lose more of the tax payers, or more of the burden.

In the short term, lack of economic activity (through supply disruptions, people being sick, fear of getting sick, or just plain fear of the unknown) the tax base will take a hit.  Some businesses will not recover, and it will take a while for the economy to return to its previous state.  How long it takes depends a lot on how long the disruptions last.

In the end, the actual casualty count will not have a huge impact on the tax base, though changes to the health care and related government systems/programs may dramatically affect costs.

Mike

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2020, 09:42:00 PM »
chose the wrong time to retire, that's for sure.  lost a bundle.

semp

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2020, 10:26:46 PM »
chose the wrong time to retire, that's for sure.  lost a bundle.

Ouch.

I hate to say it, but I don't think we have even seen the real drops yet.  We're just blowing off a little excess froth.  It will take the next year and a half.  There will even be periodic sucker-rallies lasting for weeks or a month, then...trap door.  Crashes never go down in a straight line.  2001 didn't.  2007 didn't.   There were painful declines, glimmers of hope, then breath-taking drops.  It's almost like they are custom designed to sucker people in to staying in.  Just at the point you are about to capitulate and cut your losses, it rebounds for a while and you exhale and pat yourself on the back for not panicking and selling at the bottom.  Then...that Wiley Coyote moment where you blink uncomprehendingly at the camera as you realize you've ran off the cliff and then ....free fall.

I'm not even going to say out-loud how low I think it will go.  You'd call me nuts.   I hope as you reached retirement you got heavy in bonds and light on risk assets.

We were primed for it anyway.  Free money printing pumping the largest asset balloon since the Tulip Mania for 10 years, and now a little critter from a wet market in Wuhan shows up with a nasty sharp little pin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania  But it would have been something, sooner or later.

I don't short markets.  Only insider-traders and fortune-tellers short markets.  I have been transition to cash slowly since 2015.  It was obvious something sooner or later was going to pop this loose-Fed asset bubble.  If I survive the COVID, I'll pick through the rubble and buy back in at pennies on the dollar.  If I don't survive, then I have no need of financial planning.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:34:56 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »
Then there's the stockless masses, of which I'm a part. Lucky me?  :old:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »

Kinda. 

Humans are loss adverse.  It hurts a lot less to never have had, than to have had and lost everything.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »
Kinda. 

Humans are loss adverse.  It hurts a lot less to never have had, than to have had and lost everything.

I sold off more Delta Air Line stock than I want to admit, back in the day (as did many of my colleagues). Stock sharing was more of a win for the haves than the have nots. Sez lez vez.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2020, 12:30:56 AM »

80k all the beer and lapdances i could have gotten.  still pray it won't get worst account won't settle till end of month.

one little mistake i did told them my beneficiary was my wife.  one stupid click cost me that.

semp