Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126197 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #525 on: March 09, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »
trading halted citing concerns of oil prices and covid-19

Vanguard 500 opened 19 points down this morning. YIKES!

I appreciate the damage of civil litigation. I was referring to the rule of law. If all faith in jurisprudence is lost, you're left with anarchy.

Thats how I felt about how everyone just gives the last administration a pass.

Luckily, they lost their power and now will be exposed like never before.

Dont call it fascism when many members of the DNC start going down for crimes against the United States. ;)

Just sayin. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #526 on: March 09, 2020, 10:57:32 AM »
I don't think we do agree. I have no idea how a totalitarian police state factors into the discussion. I believe in due process of law. The judiciary must be independent of the legislature. The suggestion that any judicial investigation or the results thereof is a witch hunt, demeans the principal of due process.

We agree on due process and the rule of law.  Presumption of guilt by insinuation that privacy is not sufficient motivation in itself is not due process.

The notion that a judicial investigation always follows due process and cannot be politicized is naive and disproved by relevant recent events with the FISA court.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #527 on: March 09, 2020, 11:16:54 AM »
We agree on due process and the rule of law.  Presumption of guilt by insinuation that privacy is not sufficient motivation in itself is not due process.

The notion that a judicial investigation always follows due process and cannot be politicized is naive and disproved by relevant recent events with the FISA court.

I am sorry; I did not understand your second sentence but there should never be a presumption of guilt or innocence. That is for the process to determine.

And you're so right; the fact that the judiciary is politicized now suggests the start of a slippery slope not envisioned by the Framers.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #528 on: March 09, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »
I appreciate the damage of civil litigation. I was referring to the rule of law. If all faith in jurisprudence is lost, you're left with anarchy.

Im in favor of rule of law.  It has to be accompanied by a reasonable and understandable set of laws, consistently applied. A problem today is a morass of laws that can and are used as an offensive tool, at times suspicious amounts of judicial interpretation, selective enforcement, etc., especially obvious when politics is involved. That undermines the rule of law.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #529 on: March 09, 2020, 12:55:01 PM »
So, if the Corona virus is arrested there's no guarantee of a conviction in spite of the evidence against it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #530 on: March 09, 2020, 12:55:40 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #531 on: March 09, 2020, 01:44:46 PM »
trading halted citing concerns of oil prices and covid-19

Wow.  Just...wow. -2000 and the dying hasn't even started yet.

I wonder what it will be two months when deaths are hitting the thousands and the hospitals are full and can't take more patients.  Imagine severe cases showing up at the hospital and being handed a bottle of Tylenol and told to go home and ride it out the best they can.  Drink plenty of fluids.   Good luck.  :O

it's going to be a long two years until a vaccine is readily available.  Might be the longest two years any of us have ever experienced.  For those of us who make it that far.

[edit]  Started typing this and it was -1900.  Looked over and it was -2000.  Had to edit.  Looked over and it was -2127.  Things are moving fast.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:46:32 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #532 on: March 09, 2020, 01:48:47 PM »

Wow.  Just...wow. -2000 and the dying hasn't even started yet.

I wonder what it will be two months when deaths are hitting the thousands and the hospitals are full and can't take more patients.  Imagine severe cases showing up at the hospital and being handed a bottle of Tylenol and told to go home and ride it out the best they can.  Drink plenty of fluids.   Good luck.  :O

it's going to be a long two years until a vaccine is readily available.  Might be the longest two years any of us have ever experienced.  For those of us who make it that far.

[edit]  Started typing this and it was -1900.  Looked over and it was -2000.  Had to edit.  Looked over and it was -2127.  Things are moving fast.

Dude.... this ain't China LOL.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #533 on: March 09, 2020, 01:53:17 PM »
I am sorry; I did not understand your second sentence but there should never be a presumption of guilt or innocence. That is for the process to determine.

And you're so right; the fact that the judiciary is politicized now suggests the start of a slippery slope not envisioned by the Framers.

Oh they imagined it all right. They knew who these bloodlines were, and knew who controlled Britian. That's why they gave us the 2nd amendment just incase. They knew that the quest to conquer the world was a real thing.  They made our government knowing that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #534 on: March 09, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »
Dude.... this ain't China LOL.

No, China can build a 1000 bed hospital in a week and quarantine 70 mil people if necessary. 

Our response will not be even close to that decisive.  I prefer our form of government, but the lack of draconian power is going to have an extra cost.

Our hospitals do not carry much excess capacity.  For cost reasons.  Our hospitals carry 65% capacity at the best of times.  More empty beds than that cost too much money.

The capacity we have will be soaked up very quickly in the next couple of months as the exponential growth in cases really starts to bite, and there won't be enough beds available.

Unless it's all over by the end of the month, as you say.   :rolleyes: :rofl

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #535 on: March 09, 2020, 02:17:51 PM »
There is more to this virus than just another flu...

It is being used as a financial tool to do the nasty work of crushing this over bloated market back down into more realistic numbers/values.

The fact it makes a certain US leader the most vulnerable yet in his otherwise in the lock upcoming election is all the more reason for many to be more excited with that prospect than any global pandemic fears they might also have.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #536 on: March 09, 2020, 02:19:44 PM »
Look on the bright side.

You're witnessing history.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #537 on: March 09, 2020, 02:29:52 PM »
There is more to this virus than just another flu...

It is being used as a financial tool to do the nasty work of crushing this over bloated market back down into more realistic numbers/values.

The fact it makes a certain US leader the most vulnerable yet in his otherwise in the lock upcoming election is all the more reason for many to be more excited with that prospect than any global pandemic fears they might also have.

<S>

Eagler

I promise you there is a large faction of people that want just that...

They want the markets to fail...they want mass death...they want insurrection...they want orange man bad out of DC...

They want the middle class to be in disarray, they want us poor and needy...remember this. 

You people that don't believe there is an evil out there waiting to take our freedoms your sadly mistaken...its been happening for some time now...its real...

Act like we are crazy or whatever...laugh and deride all you want...The fact remains the same...There is a large faction of "dirty cops" embedded in the government that are hell bent on destroying America from the inside.  ITS FACT...IT IS DOCUMENTED FACT!!!
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #538 on: March 09, 2020, 02:49:08 PM »
This topic is WAAAY of the rails with conspiracy theories and political hogwash. INdeed time for it to die.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #539 on: March 09, 2020, 03:24:16 PM »
This topic is WAAAY of the rails with conspiracy theories and political hogwash. INdeed time for it to die.

"Conspiracy theory"

When the C_A cant stop you from finding the truth, they will make up words to discredit you at all cost without actually disputing your understanding or answering your questions.

"A public awake is their greatest fear"
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-