Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126174 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #705 on: March 11, 2020, 09:03:04 PM »
I predict a surge in online gaming.
yup :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #706 on: March 11, 2020, 09:05:33 PM »
And btw all flights to and from Europe are now canceled for the next 30 days. so, guess it’s not a big deal...CptTrips and I where just fear lingering... :rolleyes:

Oh, and the NBA season on hold...

Denial isn’t a river in Egypt.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #707 on: March 11, 2020, 10:48:01 PM »
I've been doing a few hours of study to try and understand some of what we might call "off-the-wall" statements posted in this thread. Its always my goal to understand rather than criticize and belittle. There's always time for that later.

A smarter man than I who has done extensive analysis of the Qanon phenomenon summarized as follows:

"there is a worldwide cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles who rule the world, essentially, and they control everything. They control politicians, and they control the media. They control Hollywood, and they cover up their existence, essentially. And they would have continued ruling the world, were it not for the election of President Donald Trump."

I also learned that there seems to be no clear idea of the originator with theories ranging from a military intelligence officer, to Donald Trump himself.

One analyst in the attempt to define individuals attracted to the phenomenon wrote:

"He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point. Like religious millennialists he expresses the anxiety of those who are living through the last days and he is sometimes disposed to set a date for the apocalypse... Since what is at stake is always a conflict between absolute good and absolute evil, what is necessary is not compromise but the will to fight things out to a finish. Since the enemy is thought of as being totally evil and totally unappeasable, he must be totally eliminated – if not from the world, at least from the theatre of operations to which the individual directs his attention."

The sad part of my studies arose from this observation:

"People in the QAnon community often talk about alienation from family and friends. ... Though they typically talk about how Q frayed their relationships on private Facebook groups. But they think these issues are temporary and primarily the fault of others. They often comfort themselves by imagining that there will be a moment of vindication sometime in the near future which will prove their beliefs right. They imagine that after this happens, not only will their relationships be restored, but people will turn to them as leaders who understand what's going on better than the rest of us."

The good news in all of this is that some Q followers reportedly break away when they recognize the content of the theories is not self-consistent, or they see that some of the content is directly aimed at getting donations from a specific audience.  This then "breaks the spell" the conspiracies had over them. Others reportedly have watched Q-debunking videos; one former believer claimed that the videos "saved" her.

We can only hope that our fellow AH'ers are as fortunate.

Are you even serious? This is your conclusion after a few hours of research? Finger pointing at who Q anon people are by some dingbats article?.... 

Cmon. You can do better than that.

But hey, when you and/or 17 pristine, top of the line, highly intelligent, agencies tells me who is the 'cult' leader. Then I'll lay it down. Until then, I'd be careful about who you read from regarding Q. Generally when I read 'disprovers', they are vague and very poorly written like the article above. Q himself has posted over 30 articles from 'mainstream ' sources 'disproving' Q and making fun of people.

Why don't you spend more time looking into the questions Q asked rather make fun of them? Would you ever believe that perhaps you are the one manipulated by a giant cult? The pyramid cult. I'm sure Firerech can tell you all about that since he is in full damage control for [them].

[/url]

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:59:41 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #708 on: March 11, 2020, 11:06:23 PM »
violator i can easily find a post her on that date and time, was it a warning to you?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #709 on: March 11, 2020, 11:07:05 PM »

Well DmonSlr?

Less than 100 deaths from CoronaVirus over the next year?

This whole thing will have blown over by end of March?

crickets....

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #710 on: March 12, 2020, 12:32:14 AM »
Well DmonSlr?

Less than 100 deaths from CoronaVirus over the next year?

This whole thing will have blown over by end of March?

crickets....

he'll just wait for another page of replays before posting again.

semp

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #711 on: March 12, 2020, 12:47:14 AM »
he'll just wait for another page of replays before posting again.

semp

No worries.

I made a keyboard macro.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #712 on: March 12, 2020, 01:06:51 AM »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #713 on: March 12, 2020, 01:14:50 AM »
I found this info from a medical professional in Italy to be interesting.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
From a well respected friend and intensivist/A&E consultant who is currently in northern Italy:
1/ ‘I feel the pressure to give you a quick personal update about what is happening in Italy, and also give some quick direct advice about what you should do.
3:27 PM · Mar 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
 Retweets
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
Replying to
@jasonvanschoor
2/ First, Lumbardy is the most developed region in Italy and it has a extraordinary good healthcare, I have worked in Italy, UK and Aus and don’t make the mistake to think that what is happening is happening in a 3rd world country.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
3/ The current situation is difficult to imagine and numbers do not explain things at all. Our hospitals are overwhelmed by Covid-19, they are running 200% capacity
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
4/ We’ve stopped all routine, all ORs have been converted to ITUs and they are now diverting or not treating all other emergencies like trauma or strokes. There are hundreds of pts with severe resp failure and many of them do not have access to anything above a reservoir mask.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
6/ My friends call me in tears because they see people dying in front of them and they con only offer some oxygen. Ortho and pathologists are being given a leaflet and sent to see patients on NIV. PLEASE STOP, READ THIS AGAIN AND THINK.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
7/ We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won’t be the same everywhere, this is the pattern:
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
8/ 1)A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panick
2)Some moderate resp failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
9/ 3)Tons of patients with moderate resp failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs first, then NIVs, then CPAP hoods, then even O2.
4)Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can’t be treated properly.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
10/ Everything about how to treat them is online but the only things that will make a difference are: do not be afraid of massively strict measures to keep people safe,
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
11/ if governments won’t do this at least keep your family safe, your loved ones with history of cancer or diabetes or any transplant will not be tubed if they need it even if they are young. By safe I mean YOU do not attend them and YOU decide who does and YOU teach them how to.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
12/ Another typical attitude is read and listen to people saying things like this and think “that’s bad dude” and then go out for dinner because you think you’ll be safe.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
13/ We have seen it, you won’t be if you don’t take it seriously. I really hope it won’t be as bad as here but prepare.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #714 on: March 12, 2020, 01:36:11 AM »
A sizeable study, published in top-notch medical journal reports taking daily vitamin D supplement reduces odds of getting respiratory infections by about 20%.

Reference:
https://youtu.be/W5yVGmfivAk?t=526

Might want to give it a go in these times of the zombie apocalypse.

(I already get that in my daily multivitamin.)

Note:  might not want to be a nut and take way more than 100% vitamin D/day -- too much perhaps isn't good either.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #715 on: March 12, 2020, 01:41:31 AM »
was just talking to my wife, she asked me how our retirement is going told her i don't know.  they stopped weekly updates, we probably lost a bundle.

she told me with her history if we get infected, she won't be admitted anywhere.

guess it's time to open that bottle if cragenmore i wad hiding.  hitech does have good taste :)

semp

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #716 on: March 12, 2020, 07:58:06 AM »
This "acute stage" of the epidemic is dangerous because a significant percentage of the population will be too sick to work simultaneously.

It will eventually give way to "the new normal" where masks and disinfecting religiously are a part of everyday life.

What we don't want is a run on the banks.

Most of the trouble will be caused by morons who react way too late and become desperate enough to decide "there are no rules".

A good early indicator of impending trouble is watching how people are driving.

I've seen it often with hurricanes.

Fire tech is too busy fighting over a roll of charmin at his local Walmart to post now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #717 on: March 12, 2020, 08:05:07 AM »
Are you even serious? This is your conclusion after a few hours of research? Finger pointing at who Q anon people are by some dingbats article?.... 

Cmon. You can do better than that.

But hey, when you and/or 17 pristine, top of the line, highly intelligent, agencies tells me who is the 'cult' leader. Then I'll lay it down. Until then, I'd be careful about who you read from regarding Q. Generally when I read 'disprovers', they are vague and very poorly written like the article above. Q himself has posted over 30 articles from 'mainstream ' sources 'disproving' Q and making fun of people.

Why don't you spend more time looking into the questions Q asked rather make fun of them? Would you ever believe that perhaps you are the one manipulated by a giant cult? The pyramid cult. I'm sure Firerech can tell you all about that since he is in full damage control for [them].

(Image removed from quote.)[/url]

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #718 on: March 12, 2020, 09:27:39 AM »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #719 on: March 12, 2020, 09:32:13 AM »
I found this info from a medical professional in Italy to be interesting.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
From a well respected friend and intensivist/A&E consultant who is currently in northern Italy:
1/ ‘I feel the pressure to give you a quick personal update about what is happening in Italy, and also give some quick direct advice about what you should do.
3:27 PM · Mar 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
 Retweets
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
Replying to
@jasonvanschoor
2/ First, Lumbardy is the most developed region in Italy and it has a extraordinary good healthcare, I have worked in Italy, UK and Aus and don’t make the mistake to think that what is happening is happening in a 3rd world country.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
3/ The current situation is difficult to imagine and numbers do not explain things at all. Our hospitals are overwhelmed by Covid-19, they are running 200% capacity
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
4/ We’ve stopped all routine, all ORs have been converted to ITUs and they are now diverting or not treating all other emergencies like trauma or strokes. There are hundreds of pts with severe resp failure and many of them do not have access to anything above a reservoir mask.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
6/ My friends call me in tears because they see people dying in front of them and they con only offer some oxygen. Ortho and pathologists are being given a leaflet and sent to see patients on NIV. PLEASE STOP, READ THIS AGAIN AND THINK.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
7/ We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won’t be the same everywhere, this is the pattern:
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
8/ 1)A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panick
2)Some moderate resp failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
9/ 3)Tons of patients with moderate resp failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs first, then NIVs, then CPAP hoods, then even O2.
4)Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can’t be treated properly.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
10/ Everything about how to treat them is online but the only things that will make a difference are: do not be afraid of massively strict measures to keep people safe,
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
11/ if governments won’t do this at least keep your family safe, your loved ones with history of cancer or diabetes or any transplant will not be tubed if they need it even if they are young. By safe I mean YOU do not attend them and YOU decide who does and YOU teach them how to.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
12/ Another typical attitude is read and listen to people saying things like this and think “that’s bad dude” and then go out for dinner because you think you’ll be safe.
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
·
Mar 9
13/ We have seen it, you won’t be if you don’t take it seriously. I really hope it won’t be as bad as here but prepare.

Strange to me how the virus is spreading and killing people there compared to the virus in America. I'd expect the rest of Europe to do the same, but it's not. Who are these people dying? The spread of this virus is very strange to me.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion