Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126193 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #780 on: March 13, 2020, 07:54:21 AM »
Why haven't the CDC taken blood from Chuck Norris?  His white blood cells can cure all diseases.

They tried but the needle just keeps bending.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #781 on: March 13, 2020, 08:47:44 AM »
We won't be like Italy. Italy has neglected their healthcare infrastructure and lack the beds and doctors they need.

I have heard Lombardy, who is the hardest hit, has a quite modern health system that is well organized.  They are not like the Southern Italians.  They are more like Swiss-Italian.

It's probably more likely they simply have a more virulent strain.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #782 on: March 13, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »
It has been terrible. Stores have been getting hammered especially for tp pt and everything including the kitchen sink as well. And trying to work while filling up carts in a grocery store it feels impossible.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #783 on: March 13, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »
Duo to the recent developments the company that i work for had to let go of 3 people so far and i had to cut working hours for my partime co workers today. Here in the Netherlands all events are canceled and there is a massive fear for the Corona virus. We also ran out of test's which means someone like me wont get tested, even worse most hospital staff does not get tested.

I am quite positive i caught the virus. However i have very minor symptoms for about a week now. There is not a lot to be scared of, the common cold so far is a much worse experience.

(some insight: I work at the Amsterdam Airport the third biggest EU airport and i interact with hundreds of people everyday. No, i dont work for the customs)

Dutch

Damn Dutch.  Sorry to hear that.

I suspect most of us are going to be in your shoes at some point over the next year.  With no immunity and the R0 this thing has, I don't see any way 60-70% of us aren't going to get it at some point before we get a vaccine.  We'll have a initial period where we really try and isolate, but one way or another the world can't come to a halt for the  1.5-2 years it's going to take before we get a vaccine.  Most of us are just going to half to end up taking our turn. 

For 80% of us it will just be an annoying illness for a couple of weeks and we will get over it.  The biggest risk is to not pass it on to more the vulnerable.

For most of us, we'll be harmed far more by the market/economic after effects.

Hang in there.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #784 on: March 13, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »

I have heard Lombardy, who is the hardest hit, has a quite modern health system that is well organized.  They are not like the Southern Italians.  They are more like Swiss-Italian.

It's probably more likely they simply have a more virulent strain.

Modern and well organized is not the issue. The issue is not enough beds and doctors.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #785 on: March 13, 2020, 09:17:13 AM »
Modern and well organized is not the issue. The issue is not enough beds and doctors.

You think we have enough beds?

We only have about 300k excess bed capacity in the whole country, and locally hard hit areas aren't going to have access to the whole capacity.   

We'll find out in about 2-3 weeks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #786 on: March 13, 2020, 09:25:19 AM »
Here we go....

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/public-health-emergency-declared-in-dallas-county/2329709/

We don't have 8.  We have hundreds.  We just don't have testing.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 09:32:09 AM by CptTrips »

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #787 on: March 13, 2020, 09:34:11 AM »
Who didn't see this coming ?
https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-deny-americans-coronavirus-drugs

Hopefully this is true and china-the-pooh  can go pound sand. It needs to happen to a lot more items.
https://bongino.com/wh-working-on-buy-american-executive-order-to-end-reliance-on-chinese-medical-supplies
Ground Pounders ...

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #789 on: March 13, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »
The majority of people arent on the same page as the media fear.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #790 on: March 13, 2020, 10:49:16 AM »
You think we have enough beds?

We only have about 300k excess bed capacity in the whole country, and locally hard hit areas aren't going to have access to the whole capacity.   

We'll find out in about 2-3 weeks.

We have fewer beds than we did before the ACA. We're about average with capacity for developed countries. This is why early social distancing is important, so everybody isn't sick at the same time.

According to WHO, Italy in 2000 ranked as having the world's 2nd best healthcare system, and the world's 2nd best healthcare performance. 

Iran ranked 58 in healthcare and 93 in health-system performance. In 2016, Bloomberg News ranked Iran 30th most efficient healthcare system ahead of United States and Brazil.

Now compare those ratings with their COVID-19 performance for a reality check.

South Korea also has universal healthcare but they have 12 beds per 1000 people.

Iran has 1.5.

Italy has  3.2.

USA has 2.8. We'll set up temporary beds as needed. If it gets that bad schools will be closed and available.

The CDC has so far shown staggering incompetence in their primary mission.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #791 on: March 13, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »

Do you think that matters?

Do you think the virus is going to put this up for a vote?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #792 on: March 13, 2020, 11:02:43 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I hope most people have finally figured out that the major news media isn't in the accurate news business.

Do you think that matters?

Do you think the virus is going to put this up for a vote?

It matters in regards to the notion that the panic can be worse than the virus.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #793 on: March 13, 2020, 11:14:52 AM »
It matters in regards to the notion that the panic can be worse than the virus.

No.  It just means 54% are clueless, low-info dolts.
I suspect they will be receiving an education.

A friend at work said he wasn't worried because he heard we were gong to have a vaccine by April.   :rolleyes:

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #794 on: March 13, 2020, 11:28:01 AM »

No.  It just means 54% are clueless, low-info dolts.
I suspect they will be receiving an education.

A friend at work said he wasn't worried because he heard we were gong to have a vaccine by April.   :rolleyes:

This is a perfect example is why the left has lost all credibility and the ratings prove it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion