Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126177 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1035 on: March 16, 2020, 02:08:34 PM »
  Primitive survival index.

Oh, good.  I thought somehow it was going to change air pressure.

I thought, DAMN this virus is scary.  :eek: 
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1036 on: March 16, 2020, 02:34:08 PM »
Rest easy CptTrips.. now the parrots will believe it. It was said on the only network that tells only the truth, designed the scare the crap out of old white people.
Old white folks 'boomers' are probably the hardest to scare.  Most born in the post WW2 have lived thru the cold war, nuke drills in school, bomb shelters, Korea, Vietnam, race riots, swine flu, bird flu, SARS, hanta virus and on and on and on thru every pending apocolypse prediction.  I believe you'll find old boomers watching these millenials and gen-X'ers carrying their hundred rolls of TP and 2 bags of food just chuckling in anticipation of seeing how they feel when they can't find enough food to cause the feces needed for all that TP to wipe.
This old fool just shakes his head at the wonder of it all.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #1037 on: March 16, 2020, 03:07:02 PM »
Our oldest child and her partner have bad coughs/aches/fevers.  They have been isolated.  They live in rural KY.

To be honest, we are not really sure what to do right now.

UPDATE: They are both doing better today.

Some background that we (Wife and I) have learned in last 24 hours:

They came down with symptoms last week; they just decided not to tell us b/c they didn't want to worry us.  (They are both in their late 20's and ultra-fit.  It still hit one of them "like a Mac Truck".)

They were in Louisville when their symptoms started and they just happened to be in a fairly nice house, so they lucked out.  However, the home owners have had to move to a hotel...  (I am going to buy them a case of very nice wine soon).

They tried several times to get tested.  Not only were they denied testing, they were told not to go to the hospital unless they were experiencing a life threatening event.  (My thought here is that I guess that KY is doing its bit to keep the numbers look low and good for Our Dear Leader - Officially KY only has 20 cases!)

Best guess right now is that they should be out of the woods by mid-week or the weekend. 

However, I just a saw a SkyNews segment that said that WHO is now recommending isolation for two weeks AFTER you are symptom free.  If so, I am wondering if that recommendation holds.

All in all not a very pleasant experience – harder to cope with given the failures in public health that we are experiencing here in the US.
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1038 on: March 16, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »
Saw an article in my own language that in Italy, Netherlands and China data shows and increase of severe cases among age group 25- 50. Those who had lighter symptoms and were treating themselves at home got worse and are supposedly seeking help in hospitals now. Did not find any article in English, maybe fake news.

Found an Italian article I google translated:
https://www.corriere.it/salute/malattie_infettive/20_marzo_13/coronavirus-perche-potrebbe-colpire-modo-serio-anche-giovani-84915f78-6552-11ea-86da-7c7313c791fe.shtml

Finnish article with reference to the Italian one:
https://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000006441310.html
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1039 on: March 16, 2020, 03:13:56 PM »

Some background that we (Wife and I) have learned in last 24 hours:

They came down with symptoms last week; they just decided not to tell us b/c they didn't want to worry us.  (They are both in their late 20's and ultra-fit.  It still hit one of them "like a Mac Truck".)

They were in Louisville when their symptoms started and they just happened to be in a fairly nice house, so they lucked out.  However, the home owners have had to move to a hotel...  (I am going to buy them a case of very nice wine soon).

They tried several times to get tested.  Not only were they denied testing, they were told not to go to the hospital unless they were experiencing a life threatening event.  (My thought here is that I guess that KY is doing its bit to keep the numbers look low and good for Our Dear Leader - Officially KY only has 20 cases!)

Best guess right now is that they should be out of the woods by mid-week or the weekend. 

However, I just a saw a SkyNews segment that said that WHO is now recommending isolation for two weeks AFTER you are symptom free.  If so, I am wondering if that recommendation holds.

All in all not a very pleasant experience – harder to cope with given the failures in public health that we are experiencing here in the US.

Ah so they dont even know they had the Corona. They were just sick from something...

I'm glad they are alright though.

Too me there is no reason to panic unless you have a very high fever.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1040 on: March 16, 2020, 03:32:13 PM »
I was out earlier,store were well stocked and not very busy,funny cause all the kids are home from school.So I drove by the park nearby and saw 100's of geese and a bunch of ducks too,then it hit me,if the food runs low I'm going to the park and it will be goose or duck for dinner.

Oh and there's plenty of fish in the river,just in case I get tired of duck or goose.

:salute

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1041 on: March 16, 2020, 03:32:16 PM »

Great news.  I have also seen where infected could remain contagious for a couple of weeks after recovery.  If that is what they had.  Better safe than sorry.

<S>
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1042 on: March 16, 2020, 03:38:37 PM »
Old white folks 'boomers' are probably the hardest to scare. 

Unless you touch their Social Security or cancel Duck Dynasty.   Then they melt down. :D

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1043 on: March 16, 2020, 03:40:41 PM »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1044 on: March 16, 2020, 03:46:34 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

LoL.  I'm right on the edge between Boomer and Gen-X divide like by a month or two.

But I generally "identify" as Gen-Xer.  ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1045 on: March 16, 2020, 03:54:56 PM »
LoL.  I'm right on the edge between Boomer and Gen-X divide like by a month or two.

But I generally "identify" as Gen-Xer.  ;)

I `dentify as a boomer ... barely. 1962.

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #1046 on: March 16, 2020, 04:09:11 PM »
30 year nephew tested positive on Friday. Lives in Los Angeles area and was at Disney World 2 weeks ago. Could've come in contact with some one there or at LAX. Went in last Monday to the ER with what he thought be the virus. ER docs said it was pneumonia, gave him all usual drugs, tested him for CoVid sent him home and told him to self quarantine. They called him Friday morning to say he was positive for the virus and to come back in if he was feeling worse.

Talking to him on the phone Saturday he couldn't say more then 3 words without a 10-15 coughing fit after. Sister called me last night to say they had admitted him to the hospital to be intubated. 50-60% blockage in the lungs so they are helping him to breath to take some stress off.

He's 34, pretty good shape, doesn't smoke, has some drinks on the weekends. You don't know how it's going to hit you until it does. Some will only have minor signs and symptoms, others end up having major problems. I'm sure there is going to be a lot more stories like this in the next several weeks.

We are all going to be affected by this somehow. Either ourselves, closest loved ones or distant friends or relatives. Hopefully it does turn out to be nothing/mild for most.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1047 on: March 16, 2020, 04:13:11 PM »
Positive vibes to you and yours, FT.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1048 on: March 16, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
We are all going to be affected by this somehow. Either ourselves, closest loved ones or distant friends or relatives. Hopefully it does turn out to be nothing/mild for most.

Damn. Sorry to hear that.  Hope he pulls through OK. 

Living in LA.  No telling where he got it. Could have been the door handle on a convenience store he walked into to grab six-pack.  Could have been anything.

Let us know how it is goes.

:salute

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1049 on: March 16, 2020, 04:49:46 PM »

SysError

If you don't mind, what were they actually going through while sick? Aches, Pains, Temperature. Cough?

Glad to hear that their better!

Hungry
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"