Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126174 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1155 on: March 18, 2020, 10:44:37 AM »
Interesting:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effective-in-treating-coronavirus-says-china

You beat me to it. 

Not quite as promising as I thought from the headline, but every little bit helps.

This is going to be a battle of throwing the kitchen sink at this thing.  From draconian quarantines to a cocktail of various pharma to hold this monster at bay until the vaccine cavalry arrives.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #1156 on: March 18, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »
Twitter is your news source?  :rofl
It's one of several.. wait, it isn't one of yours?  :headscratch:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1157 on: March 18, 2020, 11:03:05 AM »

As long as its not Gab.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1158 on: March 18, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »

Twitter is a circle jerk snark fest, it's for laughs.

There are exceptions like government agencies and companies posting actual news but I was referring to the examples you posted.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:22:20 AM by FLS »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1159 on: March 18, 2020, 11:21:28 AM »

Some phone answerers for our local hospitals are sending suspected coronavirus cases to small storefront urgent care clinics who have been operating at 100% capacity even before coronavirus arrived.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1160 on: March 18, 2020, 11:24:19 AM »
That's why social distancing at this stage is very important. Flatten the curve to reduce the burden on healthcare.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1161 on: March 18, 2020, 11:27:05 AM »
Some phone answerers for our local hospitals are sending suspected coronavirus cases to small storefront urgent care clinics who have been operating at 100% capacity even before coronavirus arrived.

Yikes, usually those doc-in-the-box places have half hour to an hour's wait time unless you show up bleeding.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1162 on: March 18, 2020, 11:35:52 AM »
That's why social distancing at this stage is very important. Flatten the curve to reduce the burden on healthcare.

Do what you can, but really we should have started 3 weeks ago, when everyone was rolling their eyes calling this a media hoax.   I think the pain is already baked into the cake at this point. I believe we already have a mass of infected that will be showing up to hospitals in the next 3 weeks.  There is no way to un-infect them before that.

"As of Tuesday night, there are now 6,362 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States (a 36.5 percent increase over yesterday) and 108 deaths (a 27 percent increase over yesterday)."  - (The Morning Dispatch newsletter)

Starting to look exponential to me.  :uhoh
Do the math.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:37:41 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1163 on: March 18, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »
Do what you can, but really we should have started 3 weeks ago, when everyone was rolling their eyes calling this a media hoax.   I think the pain is already baked into the cake at this point. I believe we already have a mass of infected that will be showing up to hospitals in the next 3 weeks.  There is no way to un-infect them before that.

"As of Tuesday night, there are now 6,362 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States (a 36.5 percent increase over yesterday) and 108 deaths (a 27 percent increase over yesterday)."  - (The Morning Dispatch newsletter)

Starting to look exponential to me.  :uhoh
Do the math.

How dare you want this! (I know neither you nor anyone here want this. It's a case of realism and pragmatism.)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1164 on: March 18, 2020, 11:54:34 AM »
How dare you want this! (I know neither you nor anyone here want this. It's a case of realism and pragmatism.)

You know, if you are in the forest and see a hungry bear running toward you, all you have to do is turn your back and close your eyes and refuse to look at the bear, then that means he can't eat you.

It's magical. Try it!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1165 on: March 18, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »

You know, if you are in the forest and see a hungry bear running toward you, all you have to do is turn your back and close your eyes and refuse to look at the bear, then that means he can't eat you.

It's magical. Try it!

I read that in Bill Murray's voice. It works.  :cool:

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #1166 on: March 18, 2020, 12:04:47 PM »
I read that in Bill Murray's voice. It works.  :cool:
I did the same thing  :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1167 on: March 18, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »
Do what you can, but really we should have started 3 weeks ago, when everyone was rolling their eyes calling this a media hoax.  ...

Everyone said that? Really?

That's helpful.  :rolleyes:

I think the problem is going to be the lack of compliance, regardless of the start date.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1168 on: March 18, 2020, 12:16:33 PM »
Everyone said that? Really?

That's helpful.  :rolleyes:

Well maybe not everybody.

The common cold is a corona virus. I wouldn't worry.

Remember swine fly, SARS, and MERS?

I hope you washed before typing or we'll all have it.

The vaccine is a cold Corona.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1169 on: March 18, 2020, 12:23:17 PM »
What did the Doctor say. Did he/she order the test?

Got another piece of info here in Washington State.

A friend of a friend, showing strong symptoms, went in for treatment and was sent home with no test being done.

So, out of the three people I know of who asked for testing (two with strong symptoms, one with mild), none got tested.

# of infections in the US is, I suspect, nearly entirely useless.

# of deaths is probably accurate, though.  People hospitalized without the ability to breath probably are tested.