Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126187 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1470 on: March 22, 2020, 05:43:49 PM »
In my family, there were some doctor visits scheduled for non-essential things (looking at a sore shoulder) and some more-essential things (regarding necessary medications).

We cancelled the non-essential ones, but we are keeping the more-essential ones subject to the following steps.

Family member will:
-- Wear n95 mask from time of exiting car onward.
-- Not rub eyes, pick nose, or touch face during visit.
-- Keep separation from other people as possible.
-- Thoroughly disinfect hands with sanitizer after visit before touching car keys, door handle, etc., or entering car.
-- Once home, take off mask by straps and dispose in outside trash.
-- Disinfect hands again before touching door knob to enter house.
-- Upon entry to house, take off shoes and clothes.
-- Clothes go right into open washing machine.
-- Travel right to location of next step without touching anything else in house.
-- Wash hands and face with soap and water, or better yet take a shower.
-- Put on fresh clothes.
-- Go back and close the washing machine and start it washing.
-- Use alcohol to rub down any credit or medical cards used, then wash hands.

I do some of these steps even for visiting the gas station with no-one else around me, namely:
-- Thoroughly disinfect hands with sanitizer after visit before touching car keys, door handle, etc., or entering car.
-- Use alcohol to rub down any credit cards used, then wash hands.

I hope you also have glasses with good eye protection.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1471 on: March 22, 2020, 06:34:59 PM »
Secrets get leaked by people who think the public ought to know.

Pentagon Papers

Edward Snowden

etc.

or like any other country in the world, we have a plan that has existed for centuries and just got updated.

there's always a plan for everything.  usa didn't just say hey we don't have a plan.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1472 on: March 22, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
or like any other country in the world, we have a plan that has existed for centuries and just got updated.

there's always a plan for everything.  usa didn't just say hey we don't have a plan.

semp

Sure.  We even have plans to invade Canada.  Why we would ever want to, I have no idea.  It's too fricken cold up there.   :old:

Unlike those, these have been placed on STANDBY in the last couple of weeks.  So, it's a little different.

BTW, from you punctuation and clarity, I take it the chips have all ran out and your emergency supplies are down to just down to the beer now?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1473 on: March 22, 2020, 06:48:57 PM »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1474 on: March 22, 2020, 07:03:14 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1475 on: March 22, 2020, 07:22:07 PM »
Sure.  We even have plans to invade Canada.  Why we would ever want to, I have no idea.  It's too fricken cold up there.   :old:

Unlike those, these have been placed on STANDBY in the last couple of weeks.  So, it's a little different.

BTW, from you punctuation and clarity, I take it the chips have all ran out and your emergency supplies are down to just down to the beer now?

actually it's mostly to i lost my reading glasses and can't find any.

other than that i got food for about a month.  not like there's a shortage anyway, there's some stuff missing but i ain't picky. 

actually the only thing I'm short if is alcohol.

semp

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1476 on: March 22, 2020, 07:24:49 PM »

"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat."

- Alex Levine

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1477 on: March 22, 2020, 07:27:34 PM »

Have any hand sanitizer?

Give it a try.  You might develop a taste for it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1478 on: March 22, 2020, 07:45:30 PM »

Have any hand sanitizer?

Give it a try.  You might develop a taste for it.

that shows how little you know about me. i used vaporub, it heals everything. just put a little in a crack pipe,  follow with sana, sana ,colita de rana.

semp

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1479 on: March 22, 2020, 07:59:16 PM »
Wrong replay
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1480 on: March 22, 2020, 08:00:28 PM »

"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat."

- Alex Levine

Here. make your own
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/original-irish-coffee-recipe-1915164
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1482 on: March 22, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »
Duo to the recent developments the company that i work for had to let go of 3 people so far and i had to cut working hours for my partime co workers today. Here in the Netherlands all events are canceled and there is a massive fear for the Corona virus. We also ran out of test's which means someone like me wont get tested, even worse most hospital staff does not get tested.

I am quite positive i caught the virus. However i have very minor symptoms for about a week now. There is not a lot to be scared of, the common cold so far is a much worse experience.

(some insight: I work at the Amsterdam Airport the third biggest EU airport and i interact with hundreds of people everyday. No, i dont work for the customs)

Dutch

Still with us Dutch?
SitRep?

:salute

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1483 on: March 22, 2020, 09:25:50 PM »

Not good at all.
US trend looks to surpass everyone.  Maybe even China.  Look at that slope.  Jesus.
Note: this chart is logarithmic scale not linear.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1484 on: March 22, 2020, 09:34:54 PM »
In my family, there were some doctor visits scheduled for non-essential things (looking at a sore shoulder) and some more-essential things (regarding necessary medications).

We cancelled the non-essential ones, but we are keeping the more-essential ones subject to the following steps.

Family member will:
-- Wear n95 mask from time of exiting car onward.
-- Keep separation from other people as possible.
-- Once home, take off mask by straps and dispose in outside trash.
-- Upon entry to house, take off shoes and clothes.
-- Clothes go right into open washing machine.
-- Travel right to location of next step without touching anything else in house.
-- Wash hands and face with soap and water, or better yet take a shower.
-- Put on fresh clothes.
-- Go back and close the washing machine and start it washing.
-- Use alcohol to rub down any credit or medical cards used, then wash hands.

I do some of these steps even for visiting the gas station with no-one else around me, namely:
-- Use alcohol to rub down any credit cards used, then wash hands.

Personally I think that for average ventures into the out doors i think you are going a bit overboard. but it if makes you feel safer. Go for it. Especially if you are or are in frequent contact with those at the most risk.
Remember most people will recover and unless you are in one of the effected categories. Your risk of dying is at best remote.
According to the CDC in a report issued  3/21/20 (yesterday)
"While information so far suggests that most COVID-19 illness is mild, a report out of China suggests serious illness occurs in 16% of cases. Older people and people of all ages with severe chronic medical conditions — like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example — seem to be at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness. A CDC Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report that looked at severity of disease among COVID-19 cases in the United States by age group found that 80% of deaths were among adults 65 years and older with the highest percentage of severe outcomes occurring in people 85 years and older. "
You can read the full report here
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html
It is more about not giving it to those people in the listed categories.
For most people all you really need to do is exactly what they are telling you to
I mentioned what hospital protocol is to point out that 95% of the population wont be willing or able to adhere to it especially since everyone is of limited supplies.

Regardless. NJs own State Health Commissioner, Judith Persichilli Whom I know from when she was a high level executive at the same hospital I worked at feels that at some point we will all contract the virus but the very mass majority will have no to very mild symptoms. Judy is a pretty straight shooter. She isnt going to just sing you songs to make or score political points.
You can see an interview with her here. where she does a pretty good job describing all the complexities of the situation. I only use the post website because the NJ.Com insists you turn your adblocker off
https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/top-new-jersey-health-official-judith-persichilli-says-everyone-will-get-coronavirus/
It also shows that preparations were underway a lot sooner then most people think. You don't need a president to say "go" to do something.

I digress. Unless you are in the at risk category. All you need to do is what they are suggesting and suggest even during flu season and so few of us follow. Well...now you should actually follow them.
But do whatever makes you feel safer from an emotional standpoint if you feel the need. Just don't horde for yourself supplies that are in dire need elsewhere such as hospitals.

For the record. My own wife just had her test results come in. Simple Bronchitis. while we were waiting. Everyone in the house followed protocol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:38:17 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty