Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126188 times)

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1770 on: March 30, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »
People can't catch the virus from eating it. The Ph of stomach acid would destroy it. Amazing to me that when obesity is a major killer in America, that we would see fit to criticize another culture for their choice of diet.

There are reports of the virus in feces.  I do not know if it is also infectious at that point or not.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html

Is the COVID-19 virus found in feces?

The virus that causes COVID-19 has been detected in the feces of some patients diagnosed with COVID-19. The amount of virus released from the body (shed) in stool, how long the virus is shed, and whether the virus in stool is infectious are not known.

The risk of transmission of COVID-19 from the feces of an infected person is also unknown. However, the risk is expected to be low based on data from previous outbreaks of related coronaviruses, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). There have been no reports of fecal-oral transmission of COVID-19 to date.

I thought that I saw a report by WHO on this, but I can not find it right now.

If you don't already, just wash your hands after changing a diaper.    :old:

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1771 on: March 30, 2020, 12:03:39 PM »
People can't catch the virus from eating it. The Ph of stomach acid would destroy it. Amazing to me that when obesity is a major killer in America, that we would see fit to criticize another culture for their choice of diet.

Is there a technique that allows people to drop food straight to stomach acid? What is it called?
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1772 on: March 30, 2020, 12:12:08 PM »
I'm in favor of less market manipulation, not more.  I'm for free markets; no bailouts (bailouts are the opposite of free markets); no market manipulation by the Fed.

Those days are long gone...at least since 08

We are sinking fast.. it now depends on who is sinking faster...

America is out of money and leaders.. has been that way for some time IMO

This virus is just removing the curtain for those less informed to see the ongoing manipulation that has been happening around the world for some time

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1773 on: March 30, 2020, 12:20:40 PM »
My fiance is a nurse testing specializing in testing for coronavirus. 

I studied molecular biology and aviation in college and worked a level 3 containment on projects overseen by Robert Gallo.    I've also self studied epidemiology pretty heavily since 1994.

It was obvious this would happen from how it initially spread that it was not containable.   

The sad part is the moronic behavior and denial that helped propagate the virus.

A fool proof society breeds fools.

The good news is that the rate of doubling has gone from 2 days to 4 days for confirmed cases.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1774 on: March 30, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »
Once the they stop eating bats, it'll be wiped away from human populations. So rest assured.  :old:

Bat soup and pangolin cutlets are too delicious to forgo, despite any consequences.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1775 on: March 30, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »
Those days are long gone...at least since 08

I think so, too.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1776 on: March 30, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/peak-us-death-rate-likely-two-weeks-trump-224703954.html

So he now admits that we are looking at possibly hundreds of thousands dead.  Even with extreme quarantine measures.  Without those we were looking at millions.

So if we ease off May 1, do we lose all the gains we've made?  What magically happens May 1 to change everything?  Will the virus not be contagious by then?

So far, there is no evidence showing this virus will be seasonal.  There may be no Summer decline in virulence.

If we drop quarantine May 1, are we right back on track to see a million plus dead?  When can we letup quarantine?

Skip to 14:15

So in my opinion, it would be irresponsible to ease quarantines until:

1. The initial peak hospitalization rate has been reached and subsides down below medical system capacity.
2. There are sufficient gloves and N95 masks available not only for the medical system but for the general population. (See vid above.)
3. Fully available, wide scale, free testing  is in place across the country to identify, isolate, and contact trace carriers.   We need like 50k tests a day capacity at a bare minimum.

If all that is in place by May 1, then I will be impressed.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1777 on: March 30, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »
I think so, too.

No, it started way before that.

At least since late 90's when Greenspan lowered interest rates to goose the economy leading to excessive risk-taking resulting in the the Tech Bust.

Probably as far back as Nixon taking us off the Gold Standard.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1778 on: March 30, 2020, 01:27:01 PM »
Just a personal update.

I'm in quasi self-isolation with my family as my wife is in self isolation.

I have shortness of breath. My lungs hurt, badly. I have a dry cough. It feels like someone is burning my lungs with a lighter. I don't have a fever. I'm not weak. No sore joints. And, this is late March, typical late cold/flu, early allergy season - so typical late March/normal spring for me.

My government is refusing to test us because we don't require hospitalization. However, these same government morons don't understand that I need to get groceries. I need to get gas. I need to drop off recycling. And if I'm infected, I could potentially infect everyone at all those business locations. I could be just having my typical spring allergies, or I could be part of the asymptomatic COVID-19 infected, and I'm out there infecting the fruck out of everyone in my tiny community.

And that's the challenge here - if you don't test EVERYONE, you are guessing that the population won't restart the community transmission. And in North America, the new test standards is for essential workers and those who show up with severe symptoms at their local hospitals, after they get there using an Uber. Costs too much to test everyone.

It's ALL about $$$. Always.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1779 on: March 30, 2020, 01:28:25 PM »

At least since late 90's when Greenspan lowered interest rates to goose the economy leading to excessive risk-taking resulting in the the Tech Bust.

That is where the fall of the petrol dollar adds to this mess

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1780 on: March 30, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »

As far back as 1913 when the Fed was created by international bankers, but I digress.

As far as I am concerned, business and individuals pay taxes so that the government can help them and others in time of need. Bailouts are similar to "unemployment" in the sense that taxes paid should provide them stability back if catastrophic events occur that are out of the businesses response. We also have insurance for that reason as well. If insurance or government doesnt do this. What is even the point of paying them every month? Business must be supported in times like this because without them, there is no more people going back to a place of work, therefore the government will now be providing checks to people for a long time who cannot get their old job back because their old company is not in business. Besides fighting crime, this is the only thing I think government is actually useful for.

And while I'm on the subject. Why the hell are we giving billions to Ukraine and dozens of other countries but cant even give it to ourselves in a real time of need?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:45:37 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1781 on: March 30, 2020, 01:57:03 PM »
I have shortness of breath. My lungs hurt, badly. I have a dry cough. It feels like someone is burning my lungs with a lighter. I don't have a fever. I'm not weak. No sore joints. And, this is late March, typical late cold/flu, early allergy season - so typical late March/normal spring for me.

My government is refusing to test us because we don't require hospitalization. However, these same government morons don't understand that I need to get groceries. I need to get gas. I need to drop off recycling. And if I'm infected, I could potentially infect everyone at all those business locations. I could be just having my typical spring allergies, or I could be part of the asymptomatic COVID-19 infected, and I'm out there infecting the fruck out of everyone in my tiny community.

Sincere positive vibes up that way to you and yours from me and mine, Fork.  :pray

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #1782 on: March 30, 2020, 01:59:25 PM »

I'm in quasi self-isolation with my family as my wife is in self isolation.

I get some of the same this time of year - and it is maddening to see who can get tested and who can not.

Rest up and and keep us informed.
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1783 on: March 30, 2020, 02:00:04 PM »
And while I'm on the subject. Why the hell are we giving billions to Ukraine and dozens of other countries but cant even give it to ourselves in a real time of need?

Because aid doesn't work that way. If Ukraine could afford to arm itself against Russia, it would. Other countries in need (for various reasons), as well. Aid isn't like 'we give you billions this month - you give us billions next month.'

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1784 on: March 30, 2020, 02:16:01 PM »
Because aid doesn't work that way. If Ukraine could afford to arm itself against Russia, it would. Other countries in need (for various reasons), as well. Aid isn't like 'we give you billions this month - you give us billions next month.'

I think he means if we don't have the money for our own country why in the heck do we borrow/ print it for others at the further detriment of ourselves?

China won this one with out firing a shot

All of our "allies" cannot help us nor them us

Eagler