Author Topic: I hate wirbs.  (Read 4027 times)

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
Re: I hate wirbs.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 10:06:16 AM »
All I'm asking is for Wirbs to be like 3-5 perk points, maybe have their weapon modeled differently and everyone comes in here with their tips on how to kill Wirbs.

I can kill Wirbs! This is not the problem. They are not invulnerable.

My issue is their frequency of use. I haven't even brought up perking other planes and vehicles in this one thread, and already almost everyone just wants to defend the status quo.

I thought it was just a meme how people defend the status quo, but it really is true.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »
More often than not, in these types of posts, the OP has a "problem" with , in this case wirbles. Most of us know that taking out a wirble is much easier than winning a dog fight. So people are thinking you dont know how to take out wirbles and so are "helping" you.

Wirbles are not over balancing game play so there will not be any changes made to the way they are allowed in the game. Much like running into Spit16s all the time, its annoying but thats the way it is.

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 10:32:06 AM »
More often than not, in these types of posts, the OP has a "problem" with , in this case wirbles. Most of us know that taking out a wirble is much easier than winning a dog fight. So people are thinking you dont know how to take out wirbles and so are "helping" you.

Wirbles are not over balancing game play so there will not be any changes made to the way they are allowed in the game. Much like running into Spit16s all the time, its annoying but thats the way it is.

I believe Spit16s and many other late war planes should be perked. We have the infamous Yak-3 ENY issue.

All I'm asking for is one mechanic change. A spreadsheet entry, perhaps, to change the gameplay dynamic.

I swear if Tempests and 262s were made perkless you guys would be giving "tips" on how to kill them and talk about your K/D against them. Yeah cool I've had my victories against hard to kill targets myself. I just don't want my Aces High experience to be all about flying overpowered planes just to stay competitive.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 10:50:36 AM »
Relegate the Wirbs to Vbsase and disable spawns for them, or turn on a 6k icon for them.

Chuikov

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 10:52:31 AM »
Relegate the Wirbs to Vbsase and disable spawns for them, or turn on a 6k icon for them.

It is rather annoying to have something with 4 20mm ripping you apart before an icon appears.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2020, 10:58:47 AM »
I wish I had video of when they came out, turret traverse speed was twice as fast and it was like using a a laser cannon. I had 18 kills my first run before someone egged me. They are much easier to kill than then, icon distance was longer then as well.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2020, 11:24:17 AM »
I believe Spit16s and many other late war planes should be perked. We have the infamous Yak-3 ENY issue.

All I'm asking for is one mechanic change. A spreadsheet entry, perhaps, to change the gameplay dynamic.

I swear if Tempests and 262s were made perkless you guys would be giving "tips" on how to kill them and talk about your K/D against them. Yeah cool I've had my victories against hard to kill targets myself. I just don't want my Aces High experience to be all about flying overpowered planes just to stay competitive.

Your looking at it as "your" game and what "You" want. HTC looks at it as a business. If they perk the Yak, spit16 and now the wirble, how many people would quit because they cant play the game with the planes and vehicles they want when they want?

Im tired of fighting spit16s but I know that they are going to be the plane I am most likely to run into. I know that HTC is never going to make a change.... even if it is just a couple numbers on a spread sheet.

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2020, 11:44:07 AM »
Your looking at it as "your" game and what "You" want. HTC looks at it as a business. If they perk the Yak, spit16 and now the wirble, how many people would quit because they cant play the game with the planes and vehicles they want when they want?

Im tired of fighting spit16s but I know that they are going to be the plane I am most likely to run into. I know that HTC is never going to make a change.... even if it is just a couple numbers on a spread sheet.

Oh nooo I can never spare 1-2 perks to fly a Yak 3 or Spit16. Better quit Aces High!

Look if HTC can share data that supports his decisions then I can understand. I am giving customer feedback because I would like to see a change. He's welcome to respond. I just hope it isn't just telling me to pick my plane up by it's chocks and "deal with it." Maybe we can have a little poll and settle this democratically.

I am tired of wanting to do air to ground missions, only to have 3 wirbs up at no cost. I really like flying Stukas and they are almost helpless against Wirbs.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2020, 11:46:19 AM »

They shouldn’t be perked, the Yak-3 needs a 8 eny though.

Chuikov

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »
Actually, better yet, disable all enemy icons for Wirbs.

Chuikov

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2020, 12:10:11 PM »
Oh nooo I can never spare 1-2 perks to fly a Yak 3 or Spit16. Better quit Aces High!

Look if HTC can share data that supports his decisions then I can understand. I am giving customer feedback because I would like to see a change. He's welcome to respond. I just hope it isn't just telling me to pick my plane up by it's chocks and "deal with it." Maybe we can have a little poll and settle this democratically.

I am tired of wanting to do air to ground missions, only to have 3 wirbs up at no cost. I really like flying Stukas and they are almost helpless against Wirbs.

Believe it or not, some people cant afford the perks. Whether its perks or an ENY charge it is all irrelevant. Its Hitech's game and he is well know for running it his way, not as democracy but more as a dictatorship. He has the data and experience to guide the game on the course he sees fit.

This line is the one the is going to end your wish....

"I am tired of wanting to do air to ground missions, only to have 3 wirbs up at no cost. I really like flying Stukas and they are almost helpless against Wirbs."

The response more often than not is "Learn to adapt".  HTC isnt going to make changes to the game because your tired of wirbles popping up. Sorry.

Personally I agree with you. I would rather see mechanics put in that make more air combat happen. Too many players are hiding in guns or under trees looking to avoid any chance of them getting killed while sniping at others for easy kills.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2020, 12:18:16 PM »

Completely agree. Small perks would do wonders for the balance of fighters in the game. We are at a point where the majority of players fly super late war planes because that is all they can compete in vs other super late war planes. Players that don't like using the easiest planes in the game (personal ego) have a very tough time enjoying the fights. Those players dont fly as much and we are left with an arena of super late war players who fly timidly and dont have a clue have a clue how to fight because they never have to. I am not sure why planes dont have a similar perk rating like the tanks.

I agree with the Wirbles. It sucks when you are flying along at 1-3k and all of the sudden a wirble blows your wing off out of freaking no where. All it takes is a few hits. Tanks that can shoot down planes very easily should be perked higher just because it's much more convenient than getting into a plane and flying to a base. Ruining someone's sortie seconds after you roll a Wirb is not fun for the player who spent 5-10 minutes flying to that base. Point and shoot flak guns should also be perked TBH.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »
People can't afford 1-2 perks? Maybe they should learn to be better then!

Seriously if people unable to buy perked planes is an issue then maybe give out 10 free perk points every start of a tour. That way even bad players can earn some perks. What about assists? Maybe give a quarter of a perk score for having an assist. I think a lot of bad and beginner players would appreciate that. I know I have gotten kills stolen from me and I end up getting NOTHING for my effort, and I don't consider myself a bad player.

I hope this extra stuff doesn't derail the topic. I am just tired of this game not changing at all unless it is a new vehicle or fixing bugs.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2020, 12:46:26 PM »
Ruining someone's sortie seconds after you roll a Wirb is not fun for the player who spent 5-10 minutes flying to that base.
Kinda right on par with driving 15 minutes to a town and get one bomb dropped by a plane flying over and you never got close enough to take one gun or building down. Sux doesn't it  :noid
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »
Remember when the Wirbelwind was introduced? The turret rotation speed was twice as high as it is today, and fighters danced in front of it as it were just a different type of Ostwind.
Wreckages really piled up on bases in these first weeks.  :devil
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman