Author Topic: The future of the game: let's help write it  (Read 12753 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: The future of the game: let's help write it
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2020, 07:38:47 PM »
IMO the games biggest enemy is ht itself,you would think they know their current game model isnt working and its been my experience they wont listen to anything the players have to say so it seems their approach is wait for magic dust to fix the current player levels which is the main reason i left. :bhead I would hope they do something before the game totally goes away because I would love to see 600 players again in two arenas.

Wow... i thought you had been here before but evidently not long. HT communicates with folks fairly often. He also picks up on ideas when they are good.

Many other things are items that have been talked about over and over and some he gave reasons for not using.

You would have to be here awhile to know that though.

Other things like adding planes.... who knows.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2020, 07:52:21 PM »
razorback, hitech always listens to those that show respect in his house.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2020, 08:28:06 PM »
IMO the games biggest enemy is ht itself,you would think they know their current game model isnt working and its been my experience they wont listen to anything the players have to say so it seems their approach is wait for magic dust to fix the current player levels which is the main reason i left. :bhead I would hope they do something before the game totally goes away because I would love to see 600 players again in two arenas.

I dont think HT doesnt listen, I just think he is stuck in his ways.

Customer service they are great. They work very hard to make things right, however, when it comes to the game I think he get stuck between "its worked this way for 20 years", and over thinking an idea to the point that he loses sight of what the idea is.

Things are not as good as they were before, staying the same isnt going to fix that. What the changes are, I dont know, but trying one of two suggestions each month might help. If there are issues, switch it back.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2020, 09:34:38 PM »
Huh, I wonder why folks keep forgetting it's a small team running the show on a custom engine. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2020, 07:09:41 AM »
Huh, I wonder why folks keep forgetting it's a small team running the show on a custom engine. :headscratch:

Having watched the modding scene for a few years, a small team of one person is capable of great things. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2020, 08:43:37 AM »
Having watched the modding scene for a few years, a small team of one person is capable of great things. :old:

Which game are you referring to?  I would like to check it out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2020, 09:21:12 AM »

This is true, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that AH's engine isn't designed to be modified in such ways, or we'd have super heavily modded custom arena's.  That and someone would have long modded in a Beufighter and Meteor into a custom arena. :)

I don't know.  Maybe it is as easy as IL2's engine?  Ultimately only HiTech can comment in regards of what can and cannot be done with AH's engine.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2020, 10:39:04 AM »
Decline Stage – Eventually, the market for a product will start to shrink, and this is what’s known as the decline stage. This shrinkage could be due to the market becoming saturated (i.e. all the customers who will buy the product have already purchased it), or because the consumers are switching to a different type of product. While this decline may be inevitable, it may still be possible for companies to make some profit by switching to less-expensive production methods and cheaper markets.

https://productlifecyclestages.com/

It's important to understand what phase of the product life cycle you are in.  It keeps you from wasting resources where they won't help. 

Hopefully AH has a long tail.  It has a small dedicated market.  Perhaps fading, but that could extend a couple of more years. 

I think he would be nuts spending any meaningful amount on advertising for new player acquisition. If he could find ways of reengaging past players and luring them back for a bit, that would probably be more productive.

Products almost never make a comeback once they have reached decline phase.  The decline might stabilize and remain exploitable for a significant "long tail".  No amount of wishing made buggy whips a major profit center for manufacturers again.  That doesn't mean you completely stop making buggy whips.  There will always be a small population of Amish you can service.  But if you want to stay in business, you start retooling your factory to focus on new products.  You still have the knowledge and expertise and equipment.  You just make upholstery and steering wheel wraps for these new fangled automobile things.

Products almost never make a comeback once they have reached decline phase, but companies can.  Apple was on the verge of being liquidated when Jobs came back and turned it around.  But he was only was able to do that with brazen innovation and a whole new product line.

If you keep feeding a function the same input parameters, you keep getting the same return value.

[Edit for clarity]  If AH has entered it's product life cycle decline phase, that is no failure on HTC's part.  it is simply the reality of markets.  The only failure would be to refuse to face reality and adjust strategy.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:38:03 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »
Which game are you referring to?  I would like to check it out.

Take you pick
https://www.nexusmods.com/
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2020, 04:28:37 PM »
Take you pick
https://www.nexusmods.com/

Which one has just one guy that is the company? The one that you were talking about.

Surprised a guy can just pick a name and people will build him a game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:30:13 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2020, 12:06:08 AM »
Oh I see where you are going with this. :bolt:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2020, 09:04:00 AM »
If you are in it for the fight..... who cares how many kills. I would rather have three long fights in an hour than 15 kills.
well again you are ASSuming, he was actually pointing out the LACK of said fights. keep working on that post count bud, youre doing great
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:11:53 AM by flippz »

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »
Which one has just one guy that is the company? The one that you were talking about.

Surprised a guy can just pick a name and people will build him a game.
Which game chooses to be a one man service?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2020, 09:20:09 AM »
Which game chooses to be a one man service?

Chooses?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »
Oh I see where you are going with this. :bolt:

Yes asked for facts.
80th FS "Headhunters"