Author Topic: The future of the game: let's help write it  (Read 12465 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: The future of the game: let's help write it
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2020, 08:18:24 PM »
paying subscribers switching to free planes.

semp

Your not going to giving the best planes away for free. I doubt very many players would cancel their subs to fly mid-range plane and a very limited set at that. They have the chance to fly them now and they dont so I dont see that becoming a problem. So its not a down side.

So I ask again, can you think of a down side?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2020, 09:02:32 PM »
Your not going to giving the best planes away for free. I doubt very many players would cancel their subs to fly mid-range plane and a very limited set at that. They have the chance to fly them now and they dont so I dont see that becoming a problem. So its not a down side.

So I ask again, can you think of a down side?

if you see an increase in let's say early and midwar with players in free accounts.  why not switch from paying accounts to free accounts.

another would be as you stated earlier people get hammered with all planes available during two week trial.  what makes you think they wont be hammered in early or midwar planes?

I understand where you are coming from but that is not a solution.  a while ago was also stated to give new players 1 or 2 months free trial.  but it all comes down to they wont stick around for more than 15 minutes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »
if you see an increase in let's say early and midwar with players in free accounts.  why not switch from paying accounts to free accounts.

another would be as you stated earlier people get hammered with all planes available during two week trial.  what makes you think they wont be hammered in early or midwar planes?

I understand where you are coming from but that is not a solution.  a while ago was also stated to give new players 1 or 2 months free trial.  but it all comes down to they wont stick around for more than 15 minutes.

semp

The 15 minutes part was that their joystick or mouse isn't set up and they have no clue how to take off when they were on the runway. They dont want to actually learn anything so they quit. I see a training tab now on the main screen. Hopefully that has helped a bit.

A free 109f and spit5 would do wonders for bringing people back into the game who haven't played in years but don't have a free week trial.

It would be a great promo for euro players.

They would subscribe eventually if they stuck around. It is very challenging flying 109fs and spit5s all of the time. This is a great teaser because they get a few kills, but wont be able to dominate. Look at all of these "free games" that sucker people in but end up making a killing. People buy eventually if they are interested enough. We have got to keep people in the game. Bigger fights create more interest. Its a chain reaction.

It would definitely be an investment with risks for Hitech. I think it would pay off in the long run. (Jmo, may or may not be true. )
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2020, 10:34:47 PM »
Do any of yall even fly anymore?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2020, 11:21:28 PM »
Yeah, I've tried to do Twitch before but the free video maker programs I've tried never seem to be able to get twitch to work. I've been that close. But a white screen blocked the twitch feed. Not sure what happened to Ciaphas, but him and I were trying to get me set up and it just wouldn't work. Every time I try it, it doesnt work for me. Id love to have a channel were people could watch how I fight. I feel it would help players a lot.

Maybe one of these days....

I can help you get set up on twitch. It isn't bad with OBS.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2020, 11:53:34 PM »
The 15 minutes part was that their joystick or mouse isn't set up and they have no clue how to take off when they were on the runway. They dont want to actually learn anything so they quit. I see a training tab now on the main screen. Hopefully that has helped a bit.

A free 109f and spit5 would do wonders for bringing people back into the game who haven't played in years but don't have a free week trial.

It would be a great promo for euro players.

They would subscribe eventually if they stuck around. It is very challenging flying 109fs and spit5s all of the time. This is a great teaser because they get a few kills, but wont be able to dominate. Look at all of these "free games" that sucker people in but end up making a killing. People buy eventually if they are interested enough. We have got to keep people in the game. Bigger fights create more interest. Its a chain reaction.

It would definitely be an investment with risks for Hitech. I think it would pay off in the long run. (Jmo, may or may not be true. )

so they dont have a joystick or mouse set up.  so as you suggested a training way to set up joystick or mouse would be better rather than give up free rides.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2020, 05:58:03 AM »
All for the free 109f

How do I sign up?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2020, 07:04:24 AM »
I will take a free P38J. Heck... give me any free bird and I will probably take it. I don't fly that much any more. If I can do it for free.... why not.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:06:43 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2020, 07:10:47 AM »

13 year veteran of the game.  Only on AK squad night and FSO when RL let's me. 

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2020, 07:13:36 AM »
Clear my financial difficulties and I'm back in a flash
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
From the perspective of a 13 year veteran of the game and almost 2 years on the CM staff, I can easily point a way with a few suggestions.

1) Social Media
    A) Players who are positive natured being in public spotlight
    B) Players who can effectively communicate verbally to people with no sim knowledge and flight knowledge
    C) Players who have software knowledge and experience to create websites, video and special effects
    D) Players who have the time to do any part of above mentioned
    E) Players who can work together to achieve above mentioned.

2) Recruiting of famous pilots
    A) Film and TV actors
    B) NASA astronauts
    C) Chimpanzees from Project X  :devil  Sorry, couldn't resist.

3) Any Aces High player winning the lotto and has some spending money to spare.

I'll add some more thought on this at a later time.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2020, 11:17:14 AM »
so they dont have a joystick or mouse set up.  so as you suggested a training way to set up joystick or mouse would be better rather than give up free rides.

semp

I think both are great. Like I said, think about all of the "free games" making a killing off sales because they know people will spend money once they get sucked in. Those players make up for the guys who only play for free and never buy anything. The free player guys keep the #s up which helps populate the arenas.

Or tiered pricing. So you could do like $5 for 3 hours, $10 for 6 hours, and $15 for unlimited. I think that would help a lot of players who have trouble affording $15. Then they could ease their way into $15 for unlimited.

All I am saying is that some people need more time or options to learn the game before they become fully invested.

More players on the map means more fights which means more action which means more older players coming back.

I played on Tuesday and #s were 140. I was quite surprised given thats a pretty high avg # for week nights. I think the smaller map was very beneficial in keeping players logged in. There were great fights for the knights on both sides.

I do see a lot of times 2 teams ganging one side. That is why i think once you get over 200 players, there will be big fights on all for everyone.

I can help you get set up on twitch. It isn't bad with OBS.

We will have to get together one Friday night, or sat/sun afternoon to try to get it going.  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »
I honestly don't know what it would take to get me into the Melee Arena on a regular basis.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2020, 11:36:10 AM »
I guess I just find it hard to picture anyone that can't afford 15 a month. I could do that easily since 12 or 14 years old.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2020, 11:42:20 AM »
I honestly don't know what it would take to get me into the Melee Arena on a regular basis.

A Bayonet point?    :devil
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.