Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 23884 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2020, 12:07:08 AM »
WEP in AH

WEP is strictly time based, there is no actual temperature function involved (thus there are no tricks to get WEP back quicker, for example by cruising at lower power level).
It's function is defined by Time (=maximum continuous use), Cooldown(=time required to 'recharge' after a single full use of WEP) and Total (= total WEP time per sortie). A F4U for example has 5/10/8, meaning you can use WEP up to five minutes at a time, has a cooldown period of 10 minutes (so 2 minutes of cooldown for 1 minute of WEP used, and a total time of 8 minutes of WEP per sortie. The FW 190D-9 and Ta 152 have (10/5/40), making them the kings of WEP, so to say.
Once your total time is used up, WEP is gone and can not be restored on the rearm pad!

For many years, the Total was broken, so WEP was limited by Time and cooldown only, giving every plane with WEP an unlimited amount of cycles. This was fixed by HT about four years ago. The rearm pad itself had never any impact on WEP
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2020, 03:31:53 AM »
Agreed.... or terrains with active areas to keep the fight in certain areas. As bases are captured the area adjusts.... this way the large terrains can still be used.
I was new...but I remember Bases changing as others were taken? Some bases()or was it strats) were Re-Established in dif areas...as per War realities?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2020, 03:42:41 AM »
If you fly and enjoy DCS you cant complain of slow and no action in AH

DCS is very pretty and fun if you prefer to wrestle your plane around the sky instead of flying it but plane choices suck.

You cant see crap and have no idea where the enemy even is..

You have ONE air battle after spending at least 30 minutes wandering around looking for a fight..

Though not as "pretty" .. for me AH is 1000x more exciting and enjoyable today than any other ww2 a2a online sim on the market today.

<S>

Eagler
THIS!!!!!^^^^^ I wish that some of the "DETRACTORS" of AH3, could see what we see, Brother! This is BAR NONE..the Gold Standard as WW2/Sims go! DCS, improved their "Con Sighting" issues...but Dale fixed this, like 2 years ago!(when AH3 BETA, was testing)? Bless their hearts!!!! If he could figure out how to duplicate the "Terrains and eye candy", DCS has adopted......Talk about "Cornering the Competition"!!!!!!!!!!! :rock   OH!!!! This position is UL APROVED(ULblizz,ULcapkid/BW1stpar lol) ect. :devil :rock :x :neener:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:54:01 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2020, 05:13:36 AM »
THIS!!!!!^^^^^ I wish that some of the "DETRACTORS" of AH3, could see what we see, Brother! This is BAR NONE..the Gold Standard as WW2/Sims go! DCS, improved their "Con Sighting" issues...but Dale fixed this, like 2 years ago!(when AH3 BETA, was testing)? Bless their hearts!!!! If he could figure out how to duplicate the "Terrains and eye candy", DCS has adopted......Talk about "Cornering the Competition"!!!!!!!!!!! :rock   OH!!!! This position is UL APROVED(ULblizz,ULcapkid/BW1stpar lol) ect. :devil :rock :x :neener:

The eye candy would make the computer requirement higher. It is my understanding this is something they have attempted not to do in AH. This allows folks with older machines to participate.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Train45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2020, 06:25:02 AM »
WEP in AH

WEP is strictly time based, there is no actual temperature function involved (thus there are no tricks to get WEP back quicker, for example by cruising at lower power level).
It's function is defined by Time (=maximum continuous use), Cooldown(=time required to 'recharge' after a single full use of WEP) and Total (= total WEP time per sortie). A F4U for example has 5/10/8, meaning you can use WEP up to five minutes at a time, has a cooldown period of 10 minutes (so 2 minutes of cooldown for 1 minute of WEP used, and a total time of 8 minutes of WEP per sortie. The FW 190D-9 and Ta 152 have (10/5/40), making them the kings of WEP, so to say.
Once your total time is used up, WEP is gone and can not be restored on the rearm pad!

For many years, the Total was broken, so WEP was limited by Time and cooldown only, giving every plane with WEP an unlimited amount of cycles. This was fixed by HT about four years ago. The rearm pad itself had never any impact on WEP

ahhh ok, but my point still stands. no unimited wep cycles likely made rearming a figter for kill streaks less popular

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2020, 08:50:15 AM »
ahhh ok, but my point still stands. no unimited wep cycles likely made rearming a figter for kill streaks less popular

Because?

Offline Train45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2020, 09:16:47 AM »
it goes without saying. not having any wep left in many popular rides is a huge disadvantage.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2020, 09:45:02 AM »
it goes without saying. not having any wep left in many popular rides is a huge disadvantage.

Meh. Talk to guys who manage their energy. The rearm pad has been used ever since it existed to increase glory messages and it never reset the WEP. Methinks your perceived viewpoint is exaggerated.  :D :salute :cheers:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
I dont recall when WEP was reset when landing, but maybe im just getting old.

I don't believe how WEP at rearm is handled has ever been changed in the life of AH. I.E. It has never reset.

HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2020, 10:03:45 AM »
Wep management is the only engine management in AH3

It is the same as it always has been

If you can't manage that one variable, stay out of DCS

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »
Wep management is the only engine management in AH3

It is the same as it always has been

If you can't manage that one variable, stay out of DCS

Eagler

Yeah, I've heard DCS can be rather anal about that and that engine management is the distraction it was never meant to be in AH. Not knocking it if that is someone's thing. I would say that WEP management is not the only form of engine management in AH, if managing your fuel counts.

It ain't mandatory or your engine is destroyed .... but then, who really wants that in AH?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2020, 02:40:55 PM »
The eye candy would make the computer requirement higher. It is my understanding this is something they have attempted not to do in AH. This allows folks with older machines to participate.
:aok Agree! I should have said something along those lines, as well. The terrains in AH3, were "that attempt"! I like it! If most detractors can run AH on their systems, they should try DCS and REALY SEE how great we have it here! <what I meant :cheers:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »

I dont know if that is still true. As far as "eye candy" goes it is mostly what you see of your plane/vehicle. The new 38s show that AH can keep up with the other in that department. The tree system they use now I would think stream lines that aspect. Maybe a bit more variety in the "fawna" might add to the eye candy.

I think the biggest add-on would be more tiles and a way to add them randomly on map launch. We have a bunch of maps, but everything on each map is alway the same. If they could recoad the maps so that every base and the approaches to the base changed everytime it would add that interest of a new map each time.

Still loading the same number of tiles, same planes (with the newer graphics like the 38), I dont think it would add to the work load of players computers like it did in the old days.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »
I dont know if that is still true. As far as "eye candy" goes it is mostly what you see of your plane/vehicle. The new 38s show that AH can keep up with the other in that department. The tree system they use now I would think stream lines that aspect. Maybe a bit more variety in the "fawna" might add to the eye candy.

I think the biggest add-on would be more tiles and a way to add them randomly on map launch. We have a bunch of maps, but everything on each map is alway the same. If they could recoad the maps so that every base and the approaches to the base changed everytime it would add that interest of a new map each time.

Still loading the same number of tiles, same planes (with the newer graphics like the 38), I dont think it would add to the work load of players computers like it did in the old days.

Not too bad probably.... but it is not going to be anything like the scenery in RDR2.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2020, 10:48:34 AM »
didn't HTC used to advertise on the Military Channel? I could have sworn they did.