Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 23943 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2020, 11:39:59 AM »
I am finding that GTA V is pretty much worthless. I bought it a little over a month a go and I am already tiring of it. What works is the groups that use it, like FiveM. The roll play servers are mostly moderated and disable the garbage space vehicles and such. They also ban those that run cheats which Rockstar does a terrible job of.

I have been here at AH for better than 20 years.

Open world open PVP has always been a cesspool in games like GTAV.  I pretty much only buy games like GTA and RDR for the single player campaigns, which were awesome in both.  Online, not so much.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2020, 11:56:23 AM »
Open world open PVP has always been a cesspool in games like GTAV.  I pretty much only buy games like GTA and RDR for the single player campaigns, which were awesome in both.  Online, not so much.

Wiley.

I have never played a lot of different games. I was always one for flight. It is a bit new to me. RDR is great, story mode, and pretty good online. I have run across a few online that will run some code to screw things up. In GTA I have seen code run a lot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2020, 01:31:49 PM »
Honestly, you can invite or try and bait a million people in here, but if the gameplay isnt changed with smaller maps first, anyone logging into the large stale action maps wont be impressed during 75% of the time.  It gets hard even in primetime with some of these maps to find action worth $14.95, especially to a new eyeball.

Make the changes needed to make the game action packed with the player base we have, and it wil work itself out.  Then go ahead and work the larger maps back into rotation.

Between the dark hours, maps, and country gangbang because the current player base likes it easy, there is too many hours in a day where it will be just not enjoyable for a newbie.

It should be action packed 24/7 to warrant the 14.95 for a new comer.  Not 6 hours a day 3 times a week.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2020, 02:05:34 PM »
Honestly, you can invite or try and bait a million people in here, but if the gameplay isnt changed with smaller maps first, anyone logging into the large stale action maps wont be impressed during 75% of the time.  It gets hard even in primetime with some of these maps to find action worth $14.95, especially to a new eyeball.

Make the changes needed to make the game action packed with the player base we have, and it wil work itself out.  Then go ahead and work the larger maps back into rotation.

Between the dark hours, maps, and country gangbang because the current player base likes it easy, there is too many hours in a day where it will be just not enjoyable for a newbie.

It should be action packed 24/7 to warrant the 14.95 for a new comer.  Not 6 hours a day 3 times a week.

Definitely agree here.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2020, 06:26:44 PM »
I like the fact that in AH I can't "buy my way to the top" like most games these days

And I'll take my flight sims without external view a2a combat allowed

Eagler

I agree it’s a great aspect of AH to earn your way to perks, skill and knowledge of how everything works in game.

How do we get new players to come without advertising? I first found AH through a TV commercial.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2020, 07:36:45 PM »
I haven't heard @HiTech comment about the small map sizes. There's like 42 different threads in here where the player base (key, long-running customers) keep yearning, dare I say PLEADING, for smaller map sizes. So Dale, what say you?!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2020, 12:02:42 AM »
I haven't heard @HiTech comment about the small map sizes. There's like 42 different threads in here where the player base (key, long-running customers) keep yearning, dare I say PLEADING, for smaller map sizes. So Dale, what say you?!

It is called beating a dead horse.

The idea was thrown out there..... throwing it out over and over will do little.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 12:04:16 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2020, 04:28:57 AM »
It is called beating a dead horse.

The idea was thrown out there..... throwing it out over and over will do little.

ROFLMAO

In this case it would be called "still beating the dead horse bone dust" .......

Last night brought back memories of flat out dogfighting and each side not giving up and running off...the squads  and  players on knights and bishops kept on adjusting to the attack from each other for the time I was logged in to the MA

I guess the mixture of squads and players were just right for it to get that fun for all playing on each side

Before FSO even started up there were over 221 logged into the game

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2020, 07:20:35 AM »
ROFLMAO

In this case it would be called "still beating the dead horse bone dust" .......

Last night brought back memories of flat out dogfighting and each side not giving up and running off...the squads  and  players on knights and bishops kept on adjusting to the attack from each other for the time I was logged in to the MA

I guess the mixture of squads and players were just right for it to get that fun for all playing on each side

TC
It was definitely rocking. I wanted to stay but had a long day already.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2020, 07:40:42 AM »
ROFLMAO

TC

If it was the same map i logged into after work at 2pm CST, it was a small map.  That explains your experience of an enjoyable gaming session.  Had the map been something like buzzsaw, or one of the larger maps in the rotation, your post wouldnt have been made.  You also logged into the game at its peak time, which is in the evening before FSO.

So... congratulations, you logged in at on the right time, on the right day, and luckily had a small map up in the arena.

Thanks for further proving what I stated in my previous post.  Keep it mind there are 6 other 24 hour days in a week,  many of those where the recipe for a good gaming experience is absent. 

If you arent seeing the issue with the map size currently in the game,  you simply dont log in as much as others do that experience the problem more often, which I KNOW is the case with you and Shuffler.

Ive been here long enough, have a pretty damn good grasp on the game where neither of you could convince me otherwise.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2020, 09:31:16 AM »
Ive been here long enough, have a pretty damn good grasp on the game where neither of you could convince me otherwise.

'My experience is universal! All players think/feel like me! I know all the answers!'

Nothing new here, folks, move along.  :)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2020, 09:47:03 AM »
ROFLMAO

TC

That is the best time to play, small map just before FSO on a Friday night. Of course, just about 1045 EST the numbers in the main arena drop and by 1100 EST your lucky if there is still 100 players in the main arena and we are back to the same problem people are complaining about.

You guys in the "rose colored glasses" seem to forget that. All of these players who are "beating a dead horse" LOVE this game. The SEE all the great things about it and want to see it continue. If there were no issues explain why we dont have 600 players a night any more? Those numbers werent just a flash in the pan type of thing, we SUSTAINED those numbers for more than a year. Why did two thirds of the players leave and never get replaced? Im guessing it was because there were issues.

What the issues were/are we can only guess as we dont have access to an exit poll, but the boards are full of suggestions that might work. At this point how is it going to hurt if you try some of them for a tour. You login and a window pops up with a message for HTC saying "We are trying "blah, blah,blah" for this tour and ask that you give us an opinion on how you feel it works in the game at the end of the tour."

Everyone gets to see how some of these ideas work out and if they are a move forward GREAT! If not we only had to "suffer" through a single tour. By telling everyone up front it is only going to last a single tour most players I think would suck it up and give it a chance. Would it really hurt the game if all the larger maps were taken out of rotation for a month? Sure were only have a few small maps that may get rolled quick, but that would come back around quick. If it looks to generate more action maybe a couple new small maps could be whipped up, I hear Kong has a lot of time on his hands  :)

The point is, stop sitting around staying sagnet, DO SOMETHING!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2020, 10:41:04 AM »
Decent map and fights in MA right now 11:10am est

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2020, 11:00:19 AM »
Fugi i would love to see different settings each tour along with a login message that explains the differences.

Pros - it helps the vets with overcoming "stale" gameplay
Cons - newbies would be confused

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2020, 11:02:35 AM »
That is the best time to play, small map just before FSO on a Friday night. Of course, just about 1045 EST the numbers in the main arena drop and by 1100 EST your lucky if there is still 100 players in the main arena and we are back to the same problem people are complaining about.

You guys in the "rose colored glasses" seem to forget that. All of these players who are "beating a dead horse" LOVE this game. The SEE all the great things about it and want to see it continue. If there were no issues explain why we dont have 600 players a night any more? Those numbers werent just a flash in the pan type of thing, we SUSTAINED those numbers for more than a year. Why did two thirds of the players leave and never get replaced? Im guessing it was because there were issues.

What the issues were/are we can only guess as we dont have access to an exit poll, but the boards are full of suggestions that might work. At this point how is it going to hurt if you try some of them for a tour. You login and a window pops up with a message for HTC saying "We are trying "blah, blah,blah" for this tour and ask that you give us an opinion on how you feel it works in the game at the end of the tour."

Everyone gets to see how some of these ideas work out and if they are a move forward GREAT! If not we only had to "suffer" through a single tour. By telling everyone up front it is only going to last a single tour most players I think would suck it up and give it a chance. Would it really hurt the game if all the larger maps were taken out of rotation for a month? Sure were only have a few small maps that may get rolled quick, but that would come back around quick. If it looks to generate more action maybe a couple new small maps could be whipped up, I hear Kong has a lot of time on his hands  :)

The point is, stop sitting around staying sagnet, DO SOMETHING!

This was after FSO.
80th FS "Headhunters"