Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 23942 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2020, 11:18:57 AM »
This was after FSO.

Yes

I was logged into the MA before I went to FSO and went back after....my flying in the MA was after FSO not before....

Lazerr, I was making a simple post of a good evening I had... nothing more, nothing less

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2020, 11:29:38 AM »
Yeah it was a good couple of fights we found. Miss ya Laz. Been too long.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »
We had a good fight last night Friday 12/5/2020 ......... lasted a couple hours, wasn't hundreds but enough all in one base taking effort by the Bish to Rooks.

Arlo I read your comment early in this post, just one question:....... are you ok?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:52:38 PM by HL117 »
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »

Arlo I read your comment early in this post, just one question:....... are you ok?

Probably. I take it that you're referring to the Pakin Auto Complaint Generator one? Discovered that back in my AW days. 'Bout 2 minutes of fun that kind of meets any amount of wordy nonsense word for word (or more).  :D

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2020, 07:17:20 PM »
Yeah it was a good couple of fights we found. Miss ya Laz. Been too long.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Going to try and find you guys this Friday for FSO, post FSO, or both.  <S>

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2020, 09:28:14 PM »
My memory, when they did the upgrade to AH3, which required a more advanced computer, we seemed to lose alot. I'm sure that had an impact, which may have run into an unintended struggle.

Younger players demand better graphics, etc. which requires a better computer. That meant AH needed to upgrade. Problem, younger players aren't as fascinated by WW2 and want cheaper thrill rides, not a slightly more complicated flight simulator.

Older players were fine with lower graphic quality of AH2, and love WW2 and pretending we can fly a real plane due to more advanced flight simulator.

Well, younger players are the potential growth and/or sustainable future of AH. Older players are the core, but we are slowly thinning out.

Tough challenge! What to do?
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2020, 10:42:57 PM »
Going to try and find you guys this Friday for FSO, post FSO, or both.  <S>

You better,  punk... :noid :joystick:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2020, 12:42:58 AM »
My memory, when they did the upgrade to AH3, which required a more advanced computer, we seemed to lose alot. I'm sure that had an impact, which may have run into an unintended struggle.

Younger players demand better graphics, etc. which requires a better computer. That meant AH needed to upgrade. Problem, younger players aren't as fascinated by WW2 and want cheaper thrill rides, not a slightly more complicated flight simulator.

Older players were fine with lower graphic quality of AH2, and love WW2 and pretending we can fly a real plane due to more advanced flight simulator.

Well, younger players are the potential growth and/or sustainable future of AH. Older players are the core, but we are slowly thinning out.

Tough challenge! What to do?

hitech posted way back then that maybe a dozen or 2 didnt have enough power to keep playing.  the baseline was an e8400 with an 9800gtx cpu which was pretty much obsolete then.  you can still play with that computer if you want, wont be great but you can still play on it.

semp

edit: right now I play with a 2500k cpu and a 970 gpu which are pretty much worthless and I have no problems can almost play with everything on, i choose not to.  and yes I still have win7
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:49:35 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2020, 06:38:28 AM »
Computer power is not an excuse for low numbers in AH

All other flight sims require more for their prettier graphics

Smaller bases with tougher base defenses would go a long way to increase the level of action with fewer players around the clock

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2020, 08:07:38 AM »
My memory, when they did the upgrade to AH3, which required a more advanced computer, we seemed to lose alot.

AH3 caused no notable additional loss of pilots. I looked at the # of pilots per tour chart and would not have been able to tell when AH3 dropped if I hadn't known the date from memory. The loss of pilots had almost been constant for years.

edit: right now I play with a 2500k cpu and a 970 gpu which are pretty much worthless and I have no problems can almost play with everything on, i choose not to.  and yes I still have win7

When AH3 came out, my ancient I3-2120 and GTX 950 combo had no problems getting 60fps in most situations with a few minor tweaks.
AH3 had very low system requirements even for the time it was released.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2020, 08:54:22 AM »
I think what folks remember is all the people who said they could no longer run it and were leaving. Did they really leave? Who knows.

Like many things on the BBS, folks think their idea is popular just because a handful of people agree with them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2020, 11:18:22 PM »
I haven't heard @HiTech comment about the small map sizes. There's like 42 different threads in here where the player base (key, long-running customers) keep yearning, dare I say PLEADING, for smaller map sizes. So Dale, what say you?!

You would not like it, and it will not work despite what some of the two country advocates say. Only way that would work is if the game auto adjusted and put you in the country during log in that had lower numbers automatically. I would bet not many players would like playing that way very long where they could not be in the country of their choice.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2020, 06:29:35 AM »
That is where AI should be used to balance the sides by providing a moderate to tough defense for any low number sided undefended base against being attacked by the horde side as they try to "win the map" against nobody lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2020, 01:05:08 PM »
The day that AI aircraft are added to MA is the game is the day I am gone.

That is where AI should be used to balance the sides by providing a moderate to tough defense for any low number sided undefended base against being attacked by the horde side as they try to "win the map" against nobody lol

Eagler
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2020, 01:20:34 PM »
The day that AI aircraft are added to MA is the game is the day I am gone.

Why?