Author Topic: experiences trying to balance teams  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
experiences trying to balance teams
« on: November 14, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
I have been playing some games with my grand kids and kids for years. I know this sounds crazy as heck, but even a 12 year old understands the concept of balancing teams. I have been jumping around in teams and I notice a lot of hostility. ALOT of it. I mean, if we are going to get all butt hurt over a freakin chess piece, what hope do we have. The only chance this community has of survival is to come together. This partisanship is crazy. be a bish. Be a rook. Be a knight. Fly with your rook buddies, fly with your bish buddies...fly with your knight buddies...BUT fly with your buddies. Oh well. they are trying to divide us guys.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: experiences trying to balance teams
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 06:43:55 AM »
Its been like that for years. If you play for a country for some time and change to another country, then you are seen as a traitor/spy/scum/etc. Its always the same vocal people that dont know how to keep their mouth shut and get off on trying to control people
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 06:54:02 AM »
I don't switch teams often, but have never encountered hostility when I do.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 07:24:08 AM »
When I switch I have never been seen as a traitor or spy. Just always welcomed by friends.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 08:26:43 AM »
Population scenario: Rooks = 20 players, Knights = 22 players, Bishops = 40 players.

Switch from Bishops to Rooks =  earn 20 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Bishops to Knights =  earn 18 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Knights to Rooks =  earn 2 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Knights to Bishop = costs 18 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Rooks to Knights =  costs 2 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Rooks to Bishops =  costs 20 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.

Why keep the wait time? To keep a player from farming excessive perks every time the balance shifts.

What warning box pops up in the O Club when you select a switch to another side?

"Switching to ______ will result in a loss of ______ perk points and a 6 hour wait to switch again. Yes/No?"

or

"Switching to ______ will result in earning _______ perk points but you will have a six hour wait to switch again. Yes/No?"

Oh, and reinstitute the original ENY equipment penalties.

*ShruG*

My version of having HiTech nanny code the game further (which is a shame but ..... ). SMDH  :D

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 08:29:35 AM »
When I switch I have never been seen as a traitor or spy. Just always welcomed by friends.

I get hostility and accusations when switching sides 7 times out of 10... But i'm pretty sure it just goes with the nature of my long established handle.  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 08:59:09 AM »
when fighting in the axis arena we change sides all the time to balance out the teams. Why is that so hard for the MA?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 09:04:00 AM »
when fighting in the axis arena we change sides all the time to balance out the teams. Why is that so hard for the MA?

Cuz it's a bunch of old fogies who are set in their ways?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 10:15:54 AM »

I think its because in the AvA arenas you all are basically there to furball/fight. More of an individual activity.... wingman included.

The main arena on the other hand is more of a team battle. The majority of players are looking to take bases away from the other team, defend against the other team, win the war and beat the other team.

Those that switch to find a fight are the small minority, maybe even less than the minority of players that visit the BBS. Players known to be from a different team are suspected as "spies" all the time as there have been many instances when some squad of other sent players across to spy. We have all head some schmuck call out on local that they where told where the CV is from one of their teammates on the other side. Its sad that some players will stoop that low to win a video game, but it IS what fuels these attacks on player who switch.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 10:25:34 AM »
And, of course, there were never spies in real life back in World War II. I don't much concern myself with players who play that type of game. And yes, it's still a game. I'm more the anticipatory type. I half expect such and am not surprised by it. Oh the true depth of Ace's High. I admire it more the more players endeavour to take full advantage of what they can without hack or cheat. And no, I don't see 'spying' as 'cheating.' Let players be as 'crafty' as they think they are.  :D

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 12:39:05 PM »

You can't switch "all the time" in the MA. Once per day, essentially.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 03:19:56 PM »
You can't switch "all the time" in the MA. Once per day, essentially.

6 hour wait to switch back?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2020, 07:32:53 PM »
That's what it was....6 hrs

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 09:31:53 AM »
We of the Arabian Knights switch side monthly, it's been a long-standing tradition!

But in all seriousness, I proposed an idea on balancing teams over in the Wishlist forum: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,401660.0.html

Check it out and contribute some ideas there. I hope HiTech is willing to try out some variation on that theme. Could provide for some more balanced odds.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 01:35:53 PM »
HT should remove the timer on side changes IMO

Dont think the spy switching side worry should be that big a concern - sounds childish to me

Who is going to bother with that?

Who should care if a player switches side every sortie?

Is that going to ruin or change the game?

It might turn out to be a blast

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals