Author Topic: ENY removal experiment  (Read 3933 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
ENY removal experiment
« on: November 19, 2020, 08:51:25 AM »
So has anyone looked at the effect of removing ENY? Last night our team (Knights) had more people on than both other countries combined. Easy base rolling. I think we need ENY back. Its only making the hangar queens even less used!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY removal experiment
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 08:58:46 AM »
I'm usually on the other end of that Knight roll, I've just stopped playing late. Anyone that thinks there's no difference between getting rolled by 51's or by F4F's has half a working brain.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 09:18:34 AM »
So has anyone looked at the effect of removing ENY? Last night our team (Knights) had more people on than both other countries combined. Easy base rolling. I think we need ENY back. Its only making the hangar queens even less used!

:aok :salute

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 09:26:08 AM »
I considered switching but here's the thing... earlier in the day we had saved a map which was 1 field away from a bish win. So part of the fun is fighting your way back from the the brink of defeat to winning the war is in its own way rewarding and it would seem odd to then switch sides to constantly ensure a stalemate. Offensive and defensive tactics and gameplay each have their own elements of fun vs a stagnated battle.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
I've noticed I lose less perks.  Before, when ENY was an issue, I'd only be shooting down 20eny planes, but now with everyone in a 5, its much easier to maintain perks while using expensive planes.
I havent noticed any difference in side sizes, last night when I checked we weren't larger than the other teams, it was just a 2v1 situation.  We already had the number of Bish bases we needed, and with us focusing on Rooks, the Bish took it upon themselves to try to grab what they could from them too.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 09:44:17 AM by haggerty »
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 11:36:16 AM »
It kind of looks to me like a non-event.  About the only thing I've noticed is it stopped the ENY whiners.  Actual gameplay, I haven't really noticed an impact.

Now the question becomes:  Does it really have no impact, or with numbers the way they are is the amount of "relative cesspool" that ENY would allegedly fix insignificant currently?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »

So more people logging off is the answer?

Why not just perk the planes more and more as the #s get more lopsided?

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 12:13:13 PM »

Because that would keep people from logging off? Heh.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »

Making the lower eny planes perked when imbalance gets too high would be better than the current implentation.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 12:50:22 PM »
Making the lower eny planes perked when imbalance gets too high would be better than the current implentation.

We do need to spend more on perks, but then you run into the problem with only the best players able to use perk rides.  Even though you and I are very good, we shouldnt be able to afford running a Tempest the whole month with a profit margin.  On top of increasing the perk cost modifier based on team size, add a 1pt cost to 5 eny planes, half point cost to 10.  Then if your ENY is too high a P51 might cost you 4 or 5 points, a Tempest 200.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »
We do need to spend more on perks, but then you run into the problem with only the best players able to use perk rides.  Even though you and I are very good, we shouldnt be able to afford running a Tempest the whole month with a profit margin.  On top of increasing the perk cost modifier based on team size, add a 1pt cost to 5 eny planes, half point cost to 10.  Then if your ENY is too high a P51 might cost you 4 or 5 points, a Tempest 200.

Agreed, there should still be a cost to renting a tempest, even if you return it in pristine condition and a full tank of gas!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
Perk point cost and generation should be tied to score

The better you are the harder it is to earn points and planes cost more to you.

The newbie/ less skilled player should be the ones who
 benefits

Sad to see good sticks in uber planes - it can't help new players stick around

<S>
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
I'm usually on the other end of that Knight roll, I've just stopped playing late. Anyone that thinks there's no difference between getting rolled by 51's or by F4F's has half a working brain.

:aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 04:09:40 PM »
Perk point cost and generation should be tied to score

The better you are the harder it is to earn points and planes cost more to you.

The newbie/ less skilled player should be the ones who
 benefits

Sad to see good sticks in uber planes - it can't help new players stick around

<S>
Eagler

To a degree. I really like your general premise with this idea but score is not that hard to game even when you aren’t that good - assuming a player wants to. For example, bomb towns with a Stuka, early P-47(high ENY & good ord) a few times bomber and attack ranking goes way up, same goes for GV get into a town and destroy it...

For fighter score that’s where it’s difficult to game, iirc bombing and shooting bldgs helps but it’s more important to have your bullets hit another plane (right?).

Again like the idea and think it’s a good place to start but needs some parameters that will help newbs and not reward the high skill players for flying easy mode planes...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »

This and maybe reset the players perk Points each campaign or maybe even each new map. Some of us have been playing this game/sim a long time and as bad as I suck in Fighters I still have a  embarrassingly large bankroll of perks I can play with.

CAV

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301