Author Topic: Idea for System in place to incentivy balanced sides. THOUGHTS?  (Read 3591 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Idea for System in place to incentivy balanced sides. THOUGHTS?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 12:36:32 PM »
well that would suck for thursday night tank fights!

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 12:54:48 PM »
The community would kill the game in 2 weeks. Heard multiple people say the first thing they would do is remove GV’s, less players is just what we need.

Yeah having an active ground war makes the game better for sure.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2020, 01:15:26 PM »
the perk modifier is based on population already.  If you are on thrower numbered side your perk modifier is higher and so you earn more perks per kill.

Giving a flat perk for switching isn't going to get .any to change as most players here have been here for ever and have a ton of perks they don't use now.

There are just too many players that want to fly with their friends for a balance system to work. I'd love to see the hardness of objects  increase as the imbalance increases. For every 10 percent of player Imbalance make the hardness of objects go up 20 percent. Vh was 3000lbs now its 3600lbs. More players, you just need to work harder to accomplish the same things.

I doubt that we will ever see a big change like that though. I'm thinking Hitech is all done with any major programming changes.

I did not read this earlier. That is something that has not been tried. It has merit.   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2020, 01:28:36 PM »
R.O.I. would take roughly 62 years....before expenses :)

TBH I think there's quite a few of us would do it if we won the powerball.  Not so many would buy it as an investment. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »
TBH I think there's quite a few of us would do it if we won the powerball.  Not so many would buy it as an investment. ;)

Wiley.

I would not have the time to babysit.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2020, 02:36:46 PM »
The community would kill the game in 2 weeks. Heard multiple people say the first thing they would do is remove GV’s, less players is just what we need.

THis^

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2020, 07:53:49 PM »
THis^
So what is your idea to keep the game going. Hitech is almost defunct. Office no longer exists, employees have retired or been laid off,, updates do nothing and server issues are never high priority. I want this game to continue. I want hitech to have a happy retirement. I want this game to evolve.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2020, 08:50:39 PM »
So what is your idea to keep the game going. Hitech is almost defunct. Office no longer exists, employees have retired or been laid off,, updates do nothing and server issues are never high priority. I want this game to continue. I want hitech to have a happy retirement. I want this game to evolve.

an idea would be not to waste 2 hours climbing in b17 to kill ords on 2 bases :)

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2020, 12:17:41 AM »
There is no way to enforce a balanced numbers of players in all three countries.  Incentives, ENY and players in towers will keep the sides unbalanced and never 100% of all logged on players being active.  13 years in the game has taught me that.

The player buyout idea 7 years ago was my idea.  That was when we had triple the numbers in the MA and 500+ players in FSO.  Even if there was a player buyout, there would have to be a hired staff of coders with Hitech on as a paid advisor to keep the game running on the servers.  The point of a player buyout would hinge on advertising in all mass media.  Plus, setting up demonstration areas in public places to bring the game to high foot traffic areas.

The real elephant in the room is the amount of money needed to support a single player.  The hardware alone especially with VR can cost thousands of dollars.  If you want to be the best, then you need to play with the best.  Current economic situations will keep that from happening.  How can you convince people with no flight experience, no real investment into a gaming system and no historical adventure into playing a complex game with a very steep learning curve fraught with being killed over 100 times versus one kill of their own?

Everyone who pays their $14.95 a month.  They play how they see fit.  They can choose a side, they can BnZ or HO, tank, bomb, turn fight, or sit in the tower.  I applaud your desire to change things.  Dale owns this game and runs it how he sees fit.  He knows what can be done and what doesn't work.  he has tried many things publicly for us and more privately with us knowing nothing. 

Until, I win lotto....

:salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2020, 01:12:49 AM »

And I want a million dollars and a pony.  In it's current form and in the current market, I don't think there's anywhere for it to go.  The only things that would "save" it would be to turn it into something different.  May as well make a completely different game at that point.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2020, 09:06:59 AM »
Can't say I don't have complaints ( &*%# wirbs) but I am still having a darn good time.  So, my hat is off to HiTech for finding ways to keep the lights on and the cartoon sun shining.   :salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2020, 10:16:35 AM »
Can't say I don't have complaints ( &*%# wirbs) but I am still having a darn good time.  So, my hat is off to HiTech for finding ways to keep the lights on and the cartoon sun shining.   :salute

:aok     :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »
:rock  CAN'T argue with that!  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »
Eny is nothing
Learn to fly the Yak9T it is not affected by eny
You are all freaks
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2020, 02:21:34 PM »

Maybe it is time for hitech to sell out? We could have a community owned game. But if this is the case the end is very near....

Hey pilots,
Still hope to come back soon.

Was just checking in, this caught my eye.

Hope the end is not near.
Community buy out,???? and whom do you think is going to code the game?
Look, the ww2 flight sim community is small, those that come here are also slowly passing away. Older folks in general are the ones that appreciate the game. I'm sure if the numbers were growing and not declining things would be different, but...
Enjoy what you have, its a good game and community, enjoy it!

Over the years I too have offered up ideas that were rejected, I did not stop playing do to rejection. I stopped because I bought an occulus rift, it made the play so much more realistic. But the rift's screen door effect ruined it. Hurt my eyes making them buzz. I had hoped the VR world would have improved but alas, to date no company has created a 1600 pixel density screen/eye for vr, which is considered the minimum density for good vr viewing, eliminating the screen door issue. I started to build my own using experia screens 1000 pixel density, but got side tracked. One day I will finish unit!

In war, the sides are never even. In game, the sides will never be even.  Enjoy the game whilest you can! It will be gone sooner than later most likely. Then you will be stuck with fortnight, WoW, 1st person shooters and low number server games. I remember nights when there were 400 players in the MA, real war play commenced, nice...
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64