Author Topic: Rule change question.  (Read 5095 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Rule change question.
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2020, 02:11:15 PM »
My simple opinion is to re-instate #4.  Then create a separate forum for #14.  Add a warning, "Content can be unsuitable, read with caution", this way the 1st Amendment can be observed.

The suggestion of trusted moderators for the forum is excellent to take the work off you.  Remember Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #285 No good deed ever goes unpunished.

:salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2020, 02:11:18 PM »
Yes if we cannot discuss what is the biggest deal in gov and political corruption to happen in my adult life as adults, please lock the threads now

It can be like fb, (twit)ter, utube and all other controlled media

Eagler

This is exactly why my suggestion is to see if it goes away on its own after January. It would seem to me it will grow tired and fade away.

Maybe a separate forum for it entirely and then we only see it if we go to that forum. Then it would be like the other forums that members who aren’t into that part of the game don’t look into.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2020, 02:22:14 PM »
This is exactly why my suggestion is to see if it goes away on its own after January. It would seem to me it will grow tired and fade away.

Maybe a separate forum for it entirely and then we only see it if we go to that forum. Then it would be like the other forums that members who aren’t into that part of the game don’t look into.

You haven't tired of it. If anything, you've become more determined.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2020, 02:22:40 PM »
You mean like "you communist clowns"?

You mean that sort of thing?

Or "senile mental midgets", and "buffoons", among dozens of other insults and pejoratives you've posted?  Don't throw stones in a glass house sport.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2020, 02:23:59 PM »
I imagine about half these folks will be sidelined for awhile.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2020, 02:24:45 PM »
Or "senile mental midgets", and "buffoons", among dozens of other insults and pejoratives you've posted?  Don't throw stones in a glass house sport.

Are we clumping together generalization and pointed insult?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2020, 02:25:20 PM »
I imagine about half these folks will be sidelined for awhile.

Define 'these folks.' Be careful.  :old:

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2020, 02:25:29 PM »
Don't throw stones in a glass house sport.

Exactly my point to them, Sparky. 

And they were doing it even before the rule change while the rest of us bit our tongues the best we could to not reply in kind.

Now that the gloves are off, it's time for a reckoning. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2020, 02:26:02 PM »
Define 'these folks.' Be careful.  :old:

Read the rules..... pay attention to all the words.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2020, 02:27:04 PM »
Read the rules..... pay attention to all the words.

I've read them. I've read them to others. I know what they mean. What do you mean? :)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2020, 02:27:25 PM »
What do you think the end result would be if I reinstated rule 4 but not rule 14?

HiTech

I think with rule 4 it's difficult to define what is and isn't a troll.  I threw out a quote from Thomas Jefferson in another thread, without context or any of my own words.  That could be categorized as a troll.  Milo telling me that post was getting sent to CSIS could also be categorized as a troll. 

How do you define trolling, baiting, etc.  That should be spelled out more clearly (not sure if that's even possible), if that rule is going to stand, otherwise IMO it might as well go along with #14, and things be dealt with by HTC/Mod on a case by case basis. 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
I think with rule 4 it's difficult to define what is and isn't a troll.  I threw out a quote from Thomas Jefferson in another thread, without context or any of my own words.  That could be categorized as a troll.  Milo telling me that post was getting sent to CSIS could also be categorized as a troll. 

How do you define trolling, baiting, etc.  That should be spelled out more clearly (not sure if that's even possible), if that rule is going to stand, otherwise IMO it might as well go along with #14, and things be dealt with by HTC/Mod on a case by case basis.

Trolling is anything the moderator thinks it is.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »
Are we clumping together generalization and pointed insult?

What?  Go read the posts by Trips, he made as many insults as anyone, tons of pejorative attacks, and yet he posts in this thread as though he's clean and the other side is guilty.  Now he claims that before the rule changes he held his tongue and was attacked constantly.  I can't comment to that, as I wasn't reading the forum before the rules changed for a while (oclub), and only a week or so after they did.  I do know how Trips has posted since I began posting a few days ago - pejorative attacks, one after another.  I haven't done so.  Neither have others, on both sides. 

Now you're defending his actions and hypocrisy by claiming what exactly?  That his insults are "generalizations", while others on the right aren't?  You can't be serious.

Can anyone tell me the date the rules changed?

And they were doing it even before the rule change while the rest of us bit our tongues the best we could to not reply in kind.

Now that the gloves are off, it's time for a reckoning.

Trips, please provide a link to an example to which you are referring to here, specifically "before" the rule change.  I find it strange that you were being attacked and had to "bite your tongue", when political threads weren't allowed before approx the 15th of December.  How/why exactly were you forced to bite your tongue and endure endless attacks while doing your best not to reply in kind?  I sped read every post you've made since Sept, and see absolutely no evidence of this, not prior to the rule changes...maybe I missed something, which is why I'm asking.
Trolling is anything the moderator thinks it is.

On that we agree completely. It's always going to be very subjective, even to the most middle ground mod.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:42:11 PM by Gman »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2020, 02:39:18 PM »
Trip is awesome
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2020, 02:40:41 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.