Author Topic: Auto Ack modification  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Auto Ack modification
« on: March 01, 2021, 02:38:32 PM »
I know we need auto ack to:
1) defend uppers from getting vulched
2) defend the base when it's not defended.
Even though it really is lousy at both of those things.

But Too many players running to auto ack for cover, both at bases and fleets. Seems pretty unrealistic that I can chase a bandit toward his base and his own ack would fire at both of us.
[/quote]

It does not aim at both of you, only at the enemy. But it is possible to be hit by your own AAA if a round strikes you.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 12:16:57 PM by hitech »
Who is John Galt?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Auto Ack modification
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 02:57:12 PM »
A whine has been recorded.

All joking aside, I have felt that Auto Ack accuracy should be tied to ENY in some fashion. Not sure how the ack tracks the enemy aircraft, I would assume it is aiming at a certain diameter circle around the target. As ENY goes up the diameter gets smaller, allowing  for more hits.  :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 03:43:56 PM »
If I remember right Hitech said the auto ak CAN hit a friendly. I think it may have hit me twice in all the years I have been flying as a friendly. As an enemy it can take me out in a couple passes it seems.

If my memory is correct, maybe Hitech can turn up the accuracy for friendly hits to match the enemy ones. The issue is that there will be no "safe zone" for a friendly. Once an akk starts firing they will be as susceptible as the enemy aircraft and this may become a tactic, fly in close enough that ack starts firing and maybe takes out the friendly aircraft for you.  :headscratch:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 03:55:49 PM »
When an enemy runs to ack, I mentally chalk him/her off as someone new to the game, whose presence is a good thing, even if irritating at that moment.  I contrast that minor irritation with the smoldering anger I feel when I get vulched - even if it's by someone new to the game.

I suppose we'll always have ack-runners and vulchers.  For my money, I hate the vulchers worse.  If anything, I'd up the ack intensity. 

- oldman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 06:15:56 PM »
When an enemy runs to ack, I mentally chalk him/her off as someone new to the game, whose presence is a good thing, even if irritating at that moment.  I contrast that minor irritation with the smoldering anger I feel when I get vulched - even if it's by someone new to the game.

I suppose we'll always have ack-runners and vulchers.  For my money, I hate the vulchers worse.  If anything, I'd up the ack intensity. 

- oldman

True...except Auto ack never kills vulchers. They are too fast and have a predictable path to aim along when vulching.  If it would kill all the vulchers I'd love it. Alas the vulchers kill 10 planes for one that dies to auto ack.  yet the autoack ack saves every runner.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 06:22:54 PM »
True...except Auto ack never kills vulchers. They are too fast and have a predictable path to aim along when vulching.  If it would kill all the vulchers I'd love it. Alas the vulchers kill 10 planes for one that dies to auto ack.  yet the autoack ack saves every runner.

Geez, talk about counting the hits and ignoring the misses, literally.

How does that work exactly?  I see plenty of vulchers get hit on the way through the ack.  How does the game possibly differentiate between the vulchers and the people being dragged through the ack?  The vulchers generally strafe down ack, that's why they're not getting hit, they have less to deal with than the guy who chases the runner to a fully up field.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 07:09:35 PM »
If I remember right Hitech said the auto ak CAN hit a friendly. I think it may have hit me twice in all the years I have been flying as a friendly. As an enemy it can take me out in a couple passes it seems.

If my memory is correct, maybe Hitech can turn up the accuracy for friendly hits to match the enemy ones. The issue is that there will be no "safe zone" for a friendly. Once an akk starts firing they will be as susceptible as the enemy aircraft and this may become a tactic, fly in close enough that ack starts firing and maybe takes out the friendly aircraft for you.  :headscratch:

that's puffy ack, it will not shoot if you are within 1k of enemy.

auto ack will only shoot at enemy.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 07:08:01 AM »
Can the Auto ack be modified to not fire at a bandit within 800 yards of a friendly?

+1 if it can include manned guns\88's to not fire at a bandit within 800 yards of a friendly.  :old:

EDIT
Perhaps manned guns can shoot at a bandit within 800 yards of a friendly but the shots be made harmless if that is easier to code.

Thank you.  :salute
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:10:16 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 07:44:27 AM »
that's puffy ack, it will not shoot if you are within 1k of enemy.

auto ack will only shoot at enemy.

semp

I have been hit by friendly auto ack more than once.  While it's rare, it does happen when rolling at fields were low enemies have ack shooting at them. 

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »
I do not think I have been hit by friendly ack ever

It should be at the same ratio as hits on the red plane which I am sure it is not

The accuracy is too much for those who have spent the time and perfected it IMO

But the $15 a month is $15 a month...so I doubt anything will change

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 09:57:53 AM »
Geez, talk about counting the hits and ignoring the misses, literally.

How does that work exactly?  I see plenty of vulchers get hit on the way through the ack.  How does the game possibly differentiate between the vulchers and the people being dragged through the ack?  The vulchers generally strafe down ack, that's why they're not getting hit, they have less to deal with than the guy who chases the runner to a fully up field.

Wiley.

The game doesn't differentiate.  It's about attck speed, angle and enemy numbers around the base. The Auto ack shoots only at one plane at a time. if there's 3 vulchers the uppers are toast. and so are the ack guns.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »
Vulching is the sport of kings!  With that said why would you chase a plane into auto ack?   :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 12:21:21 PM »
Vulching is the sport of kings!  With that said why would you chase a plane into auto ack?   :headscratch:

He already stated that he knows how to prevent the issue. He asked that no one say it though. That is why I have not posted.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 03:04:54 PM »

He already stated that he knows how to prevent the issue. He asked that no one say it though. That is why I have not posted.
I could not control myself.  What's up Shuff!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 03:05:48 PM »
I could not control myself.  What's up Shuff!

Good to see you again, Waystin.  Get back here.

- oldman