Author Topic: History of the game. Anyone here from 2000-now?  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: History of the game. Anyone here from 2000-now?
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2021, 08:06:44 PM »
I started in WBs 1.11, I'm just lurking here right now but I'm getting a new system (finally) and hope to be back up in the AH skies soon. Howdy to any and all of the old peeps.  :cheers: :rock

Hey Aztek........... get your arse back in here.   ;)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2021, 12:28:43 AM »
I started in WBs 1.11, I'm just lurking here right now but I'm getting a new system (finally) and hope to be back up in the AH skies soon. Howdy to any and all of the old peeps.  :cheers: :rock

Heck yeah...

Loud and Heavy!

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFqgOsp6Aw&feature=share

Enjoy

:cheers:  :rock

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2021, 02:49:09 AM »
Hey Aztek........... get your arse back in here.   ;)
AMEN! "IN HERE"..as in MONDAY NIGHT MADNESS in the AvA arena!!!! Best way to knock of the rust..or getting the rust shot off :rofl  100% knife fights in a Phone Booth....No HO, cant Vultch(ai guns set + 20),4K alt cap, Icon ranges shorter...thus Best SA practice $15 bucks can get ya! I am willing to bet you....if MNM doesnt improve your skills???? I will buy you 1 Months subscription...seriously! Its that GREAT!!! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2021, 06:42:47 PM »
I started in Air Warrior, circa 1998(ish) on the JB's. I haven't seen or heard from JB44, 69 or the rest of them in over a decade though. <S>  Those were the days of dial up, pay-by-the-hour plane fights and deathstar B-17's with every gunstation a player.....

Been in the Aces &8's for the last 15 years or so.  Not many of us left either, now that you mention it.  I managed to stay off the BBS for years, something quite a few people probably wish I had never found....  lol   :salute
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 06:46:27 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2021, 11:08:08 AM »

Had more than a few run ins against 999000, don't think I won more than a handful of them. 
Anytime I knew 999000 was in the area, if I engaged a set of buffs the pucker factor got real tight real quick.
Having said that, he is one of the most fun players in the game to go up against, cause win or lose, he is always a good sport.
Most times if I encountered buffs in a ME410, I figured I was gonna get at least one or two, maybe the whole set.......not so when facing 999000.........he always seemd to get me before I could get even a single hit on him.  Miss playing the game and facing him............ :aok

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
Uncle Fred

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2021, 04:26:42 PM »
GrandpaChaps, that song is basically my life in a nutshell
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2021, 04:43:56 PM »

Wow.

Well, you got Buck Owens and Patsy Cline for my early teen life. 
Uncle Fred

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2021, 07:35:17 PM »

I ran that through Google Translator, so I could understand the lyrics.

TC, you shouldn't listen to stuff like that.  Too depressing.  How about some Cowsills...?

- oldman (just kidding)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »
Is he dead? Never was very courteous to me. But thats fine as I'm a salamander myself.  :salute hope you get into the game

Salamander?

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2021, 08:06:13 PM »

I ran that through Google Translator, so I could understand the lyrics.

TC, you shouldn't listen to stuff like that.  Too depressing.  How about some Cowsills...?

- oldman (just kidding)

I think you and my older sister must be talking, lol

Done had that conversation with her earlier today but I know both of you understand

Trying not to conjure up certain memories and set my regrets aside and keep trying to walk down the middle to better days....

It's all good, thanks for caring big brother!

TC

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »
Hey Hajo great to see you're still in the game...I'll be bach soon old friend ...I just ordered a kick bellybutton system that should last till I die. Looking forward to seeing all the old peeps and new ones too.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2021, 09:47:33 PM »
Very similar to my beginnings in Air Warrior!  Every attempt to fly a fighter resulted in me spinning into the ground.  Then my Krait Squadron CO, Spiff, used to take me as a gunner in his B17 where we often had fun with him flying and me in the nose gun as he turned with attacking fighters!  Eventually I tried flying one myself and loved it.  The B17 continues to be my favourite bomber.  :D
When your joy stick is working correctly, Miss Flossy. I used to get tears in my eyes flying with you, to see you fight your way home them run off the runway and die up against a tree, among other faux pauxs LOL. Been out of the game for a long time, but still have fond memories of our adventures together.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.