Author Topic: Today's Observation: 200 Police  (Read 5507 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Today's Observation: 200 Police
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 04:35:16 PM »
I’m all for 200 banter. I like to talk crap, but I usually mean well. The whole atmosphere just seems off these days.

99% of 200 over the last few years:

- You HOed me and should feel bad.
- You picked me and should feel bad.
- I died outnumbered.  I am awesome for diving into a red crowd.  And all the red guys who ganged me should feel bad.
- You dragged me to ack and should feel bad.
- You shot me from a field gun and should feel bad.
- Political issue du jour MadLibs, and people who disagree with me should feel bad.

I am noticing a trend...

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »

It is indeed!

Also as Puma44 said, it’s your choice to tune to 200 and also to even read it.

With cross country chat disabled now, there’s not really much other way to talk to friends on the other countries (unless you have their phone#, or something like discord...)

It isn't disabled. We run channel 223 in the AvA events and 258 in the WW1 server.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2021, 04:36:48 PM »

- I died outnumbered.  I am awesome for diving into a red crowd.  And all the red guys who ganged me should feel bad.
- Political issue du jour MadLibs, and people who disagree with me should feel bad.

I am noticing a trend...

Wiley.

Spot on sir
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2021, 07:19:26 PM »

AH would be better off if it were shutdown.

I have always believed this... it adds nothing useful to the game

CAV

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »
The community does have some control over text and chat.  If enough of the players in the arena report an individual for something they find offensive in text or voice chat, then that individual gets squelched.  But beware, I remember some time ago a squad maliciously did that to an individual and ended up being sanctioned themselves for abusing the feature by attacking the player for no reason.  If you like 200, then just squelch the players you find offensive (text and voice) and you don't have to see and hear their babble and BS.  Then the offender has no audience.

One-eye 
"One-Eye"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 08:26:20 PM »

I am noticing a trend...

With the possible exception of your last observation, none of this is new since, at least, late 2001.  There's no trend here, it amounts to a Law of Nature.

As for getting rid of 200:  People want to talk across countries.  I enjoy talking to people on the other side.  There is no perfect world; if you don't like to hear the bad stuff, detune the channel and stick to personal transmissions.  If someone has crossed the line, report him/her.  It's really easy.

- oldman

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 10:23:21 PM »
I have a list of people I try to remember to squelch upon logging in. You make the cut. But it's a pretty good method to stay happy! Try it out, and add me to your list.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 10:37:29 PM »
snip ... and the other calling my mother an adulterer.  ... snip

Hmm I wonder who could that be?  :huh
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 11:02:02 PM »
I like humor.
For me: That one counted. .......is what you always see.  :D :D :D

:banana:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 02:04:20 AM »

With the possible exception of your last observation, none of this is new since, at least, late 2001.  There's no trend here, it amounts to a Law of Nature.

As for getting rid of 200:  People want to talk across countries.  I enjoy talking to people on the other side.  There is no perfect world; if you don't like to hear the bad stuff, detune the channel and stick to personal transmissions.  If someone has crossed the line, report him/her.  It's really easy.

- oldman

Oh I squelch early and often. It could be the confirmation bias talking but it really does feel like the ratio of the stuff I mentioned vs friendly banter and talk has gone up.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 01:23:08 PM »
I just got back into the game this week after 1.5 years off, I have always used 200 to either let others know I enjoyed the engagement ( usually me at a disadvantage), it’s where I like to fly.

Or to shoot the chat with old friends as I have flown for all three countries, I have thick skin after serving 12 years in the Canadian forces, don’t get offended much,

Get called a ho well it takes two and usually i am already at a disadvantage.
Get called a pick, well that individual took off from a capped field.... not upset on my end.

I got the way I fly and if others are irritated I take pride, means I am doing something right.

I rarely engage in lude comments but as the age of the troll and offence culture has demonstrated, the individuals that love to complain will complain eh.

We can only control our own actions eh.

<S> all
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »
the other day me and another guy were attacking a field, I came heavy as there was a gv taking town out.  we got killed 2 our 3 times more than we killed. we just kept coming back, it was fun, the other guy was having fun.

we finally got the upper hand and had alt, somebody got in the 88s another in a werbie. saw somebody upping, he waited think he was being bait for the werbie.  I dove in from 6k, guy ended flight, werbie shot at me, 88 opened up to.  I just went back home along with whoever was flying with me.

on 200 the fight continued.  we were nothing but pickers and vulchers. mind you that except for the last run, there was somebody above us. it was hilarious. love 200.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »

I am noticing a trend...

Wiley.

While I agree, I've had some great banter on 200 that really enhanced the fun.  I actually wish we could simply message players again, but that obviously got yanked for a reason. 

200 is a choice.  Some nights on, some nights off.  Nobody is forcing you to tune to it.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 05:13:19 PM »
It isn't disabled. We run channel 223 in the AvA events and 258 in the WW1 server.

It is not disabled in the MA?

Well if you can use vox with other countries then what was the reason for disabling cross country text?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 05:19:32 PM »
It is not disabled in the MA?

Well if you can use vox with other countries then what was the reason for disabling cross country text?

I don't question it.

CO--The Bad Guys