Author Topic: Today's Observation: 200 Police  (Read 5509 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Today's Observation: 200 Police
« on: May 05, 2021, 08:21:57 AM »
Many complain about the "toxic" environment on 200.   My data driven observation is that for every toxic comment made on 200, there are 12.5 toxic comments from people not involved in the initial comment.  Those comments are then commented on by the OP and even more people who jump in to complain about the comment(s).

You 12.5 'jump-in-200-police ARE the problem. You are not the cure or the solution.  The vast majority of the initial comments would come and go un-noticed but for the 200 police who expand, conflate, and perpetuate every toxic comment ad nauseum.  If you are complaining on 200 about 200 chatter...look in the mirror. You are no better than the op and as such have no higher moral authority or standing.

Solution: When someone's says something you don't like, and it isn't directed at you personally, don't say anything. Try to remember that you are NOT every other player's lawyer. No one hired you. Your virtue signaling only contributes to the problem, it doesn't defuse it. Let people vent, let it pass. If you are jumping in, you are making things 12.5X WORSE not better. So don't.  :salute

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:53:24 AM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Today's Observation: 200 Police
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 08:59:38 AM »
Canned messages are an option

Most of 200 isn't worth listening too

That is one reason I have Led Zeppelin,  Aerosmith,  Bad Company,  etc playing in the g2 on most sorties.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 09:10:57 AM »
Many complain about the "toxic" environment on 200.   My data driven observation is that for every toxic comment made on 200, there are 12.5 toxic comments from people not involved in the initial comment.  Those comments are then commented on by the OP and even more people who jump in to complain about the comment(s).

You 12.5 'jump-in-200-police ARE the problem. You are not the cure or the solution.  The vast majority of the initial comments would come and go un-noticed but for the 200 police who expand, conflate, and perpetuate every toxic comment ad nauseum.  If you are complaining on 200 about 200 chatter...look in the mirror. You are no better than the op and as such have no higher moral authority or standing.

Solution: When someone's says something you don't like, and it isn't directed at you personally, don't say anything. Try to remember that you are NOT every other player's lawyer. No one hired you. Your virtue signaling only contributes to the problem, it doesn't defuse it. Let people vent, let it pass. If you are jumping in, you are making things 12.5X WORSE not better. So don't.  :salute

Noticed this the other day. Made a comment about logging early (because the map was boring), and a couple of players chimed in: one calling me a weak B**** and the other calling my mother an adulterer. Now, while these didn’t really get under my skin because I found them to be weak and unoriginal, it had me irritated because “in the good ole days” of AH2 I was muted by the mods and chat banned for less than that.

I’m all for 200 banter. I like to talk crap, but I usually mean well. The whole atmosphere just seems off these days.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:13:59 AM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »

That is one reason I have Led Zeppelin,  Aerosmith,  Bad Company,  etc playing in the g2 on most sorties.

Eagler

I can’t listen to music and fly. I need to hear everything that’s going on and/or my brain processor is not powerful enough to sort it all out. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 09:18:38 AM »
I find the majority of the 200 banter to be amusing and in some cases down right laughable. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 10:03:45 AM »
I can’t listen to music and fly. I need to hear everything that’s going on and/or my brain processor is not powerful enough to sort it all out.

Me too

Just have to have the music lower than the in flight sounds you depend on

On the other hand I don't vox so I don't usually have to hear the chatter many others do

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 10:19:46 AM »
I find the majority of the 200 banter to be amusing and in some cases down right laughable. :D

I agree. I don't some competitive banter, or just the silly stuff that people say.  If it's not for you...just let it pass is my point, people should not try and control it. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 12:34:39 PM »
200 has been and always will be a dumpster fire. I never used it in 15 years and still managed to stay in contact with friends and squaddies on all sides. AH would be better off if it were shutdown. Nuff said.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 12:38:46 PM »
It’s a choice to tune it up, or not.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 02:10:13 PM »
More often then not I don't notice the banter on 200 unless I see my ID pop up. And even then it's only after I toggle and expand the chat to see what I may have missed.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 02:20:51 PM »

Eagler

Question- Does playing Zep’s ‘How many more times’ in the background with “cuz I got you in the sight of myyyyyyyyyyyyy guuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn” help you?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 02:54:40 PM »
its free entertainment
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 03:10:56 PM »
Question- Does playing Zep’s ‘How many more times’ in the background with “cuz I got you in the sight of myyyyyyyyyyyyy guuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn” help you?

sa is your friend. I consider check sixes as a friendly way to look back and smile :)

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 03:37:03 PM »
its free entertainment

It is indeed!

Also as Puma44 said, it’s your choice to tune to 200 and also to even read it.

With cross country chat disabled now, there’s not really much other way to talk to friends on the other countries (unless you have their phone#, or something like discord...)
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 04:24:28 PM »

It is indeed!

Also as Puma44 said, it’s your choice to tune to 200 and also to even read it.

With cross country chat disabled now, there’s not really much other way to talk to friends on the other countries (unless you have their phone#, or something like discord...)

Or both of you tune to a channel above 200.  201 and up is cross country.  I'd forgotten that until someone mentioned it a bit ago.

Wiley.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:28:33 PM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11