Author Topic: Whats left  (Read 3674 times)

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
Re: Whats left
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2021, 06:34:58 PM »
I'd just like to say here for you HT, you've given so many people decades of top quality entertainment. Without doubt the best PvP WW2 combat flight sim that has ever been made. I can appreciate that keeping a server running is not free. No matter how much I manage to play I will continue to pay the sub until the very end. I am sure many of us here share the same sentiment.

What's left? Some people just can't see the lives this game community has touched and the friendships it has created. Truly one of a kind.

Here here! This game is not for everybody. The guys that fly here are the best guys I know.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 06:39:15 PM »
I'd just like to say here for you HT, you've given so many people decades of top quality entertainment. Without doubt the best PvP WW2 combat flight sim that has ever been made. I can appreciate that keeping a server running is not free. No matter how much I manage to play I will continue to pay the sub until the very end. I am sure many of us here share the same sentiment.

What's left? Some people just can't see the lives this game community has touched and the friendships it has created. Truly one of a kind.

What's up mr batfink? Been a long time buddy.  :cheers:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2021, 08:21:49 AM »
What's up mr batfink? Been a long time buddy.  :cheers:

Same old same old, Estes. Good to see you still kicking.  :cheers:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2021, 08:30:10 AM »

2nd this

I have enjoyed aces high more than any other past time for the last 20+ years as it is always available,  the old timers are mostly fanatics like me and usually have a great time every time I log in as it just takes one good a2a fight to make it worthwhile.
I cannot say the same for any other computer or otherwise game or activity.
As I try to get an hour in daily and more on the weekends AH has been my major distraction from life since stumbling into it from fighter ace way back when.

To the OP..That's what is left

<S> High Tech and thanks!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2021, 09:13:01 AM »
I've also noticed how they also claim to have been "aces" when  they played.

Razorbck didn't once mention or claim he was an "ace" in this thread.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2021, 10:58:49 AM »
Have to wonder why the squeak posts from these past 'aces'...

Would like to hear what multiplayer online ww2 air combat sim do they think is superior to AH and why..but you never get that info

I think some are not happy unless they are complaining

Get your 2 week trial so we can show you what you're missing...its free!

Eagler
The answer is, there is not one. Although his manner of discussing the population issues is confrontational,  the issues that he is spotlighting are real. It saddens me as I love Aces High.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 11:13:03 AM »
The answer is, there is not one. Although his manner of discussing the population issues is confrontational,  the issues that he is spotlighting are real. It saddens me as I love Aces High.

What could we expect differently? This simulation is from a war that happened nearly 100 years ago. Kids today don't know much about it. We grew up with a fascination and deep admiration for the machines and the men who flew them. We wrapped toilet paper around our necks and ran around the garden shouting 'dagadagadagadaga' at our friends with our arms stretched out to our sides. Most of us also grew up in an age when the concept of an internet allowing us to play dogfighting in virtual airspace against real people around the world was unimaginable.

So the development of this entire concept was like a dream come true. That fantasy has survived within us for more than 20 years. But we cannot expect the next generation to find any affiliation to this make believe world we love. The demographic of a game like AcesHigh does not quit. We die of old age one by one. We mourn our loses within our tiny microcosm here and that is something very rare and special.

Eventually the server will close down for good. Maybe not for many years to come. But the end of our age of cartoon pilots will one day be upon us. For now what we can do is find comfort in the nostalgia of the years we have spent together, the privilege we have been afforded in having this sandbox made for us to all share our passion for something that happened in the previous millennium. We should not be even thinking about medicating and life supporting the old gal until all dignity is lost. We should enjoy the time we still have left together in the best ways possible.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2021, 11:17:52 AM »
Truth. The Pigs reminisce on the good times regularly  <S>
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2021, 11:47:49 AM »
Razorbck didn't once mention or claim he was an "ace" in this thread.

Not sure why your taking his side in this. He clearly meant us to think it.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2021, 12:58:14 PM »
What could we expect differently? This simulation is from a war that happened nearly 100 years ago. Kids today don't know much about it. We grew up with a fascination and deep admiration for the machines and the men who flew them. We wrapped toilet paper around our necks and ran around the garden shouting 'dagadagadagadaga' at our friends with our arms stretched out to our sides. Most of us also grew up in an age when the concept of an internet allowing us to play dogfighting in virtual airspace against real people around the world was unimaginable.

As kids we took an old innertube, cut it into strips, and tied it between the handlebars of our bikes. We would get a pocketfull of gravel and use the innertube as a makeshift slingshot. We would have dogfights riding around in an empty parking lot

And another time stretched a rope across the road and we would act like we were landing on a carrier and "catch the wire". We would see who could come in the hottest and successfully catch the rope and stop without crashing off the bike.

Fun times
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2021, 06:14:56 AM »
Not sure why your taking his side in this. He clearly meant us to think it.
I didn't take any side. Obvious false statements to encourage dogpiling are exactly why I chimed in.
False claims hurt credibility, so try avoiding them in future if you wish to have some.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2021, 06:52:50 AM »
What could we expect differently? This simulation is from a war that happened nearly 100 years ago. Kids today don't know much about it. We grew up with a fascination and deep admiration for the machines and the men who flew them.

I used to read books about the war written by men who served.  In 4th grade I wrote a book report about the story of a B-29 pilot and crew; the book was named after the airplane.  I would love to have seen the look on the nun's face when she read the title of my report:  "Fertile Myrtle".    :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:34:04 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2021, 08:12:48 AM »
Sounds like a blast Meatwad!

That was my 1st grade graduation present back in the early 60's

I had a ceiling filled of ww2 model aircraft posed in air battles for most of my childhood

Very few things have interested me as much in my 62 years

This game and its participants are all part of that

<S>

Eagler
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:39:10 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »
As kids we took an old innertube, cut it into strips, and tied it between the handlebars of our bikes. We would get a pocketfull of gravel and use the innertube as a makeshift slingshot. We would have dogfights riding around in an empty parking lot

And another time stretched a rope across the road and we would act like we were landing on a carrier and "catch the wire". We would see who could come in the hottest and successfully catch the rope and stop without crashing off the bike.

Fun times

I would be keen to play this game even at this age :D

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »
I didn't take any side. Obvious false statements to encourage dogpiling are exactly why I chimed in.
False claims hurt credibility, so try avoiding them in future if you wish to have some.

It’s not hard to see the truth here. Seems like everyone else can. No need for “gotcha” posts if you ask me.