Author Topic: New features in the works?  (Read 7152 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: New features in the works?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2021, 06:54:39 AM »
Not enough players for 3 countries anymore as not enough players are using auto assign now

Between 8 and 9 pm est last night no one fought rook which was the low number country

So when auto assign put you in rook you had a 3 sector flight to at least a 3 v1 gang bang

It was as boring as a night online in DCS or il2 but not as pretty and without the external flyby view to keep your interest

What will Vulcan do for that problem?

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2021, 07:05:48 AM »
Not enough players for 3 countries anymore as not enough players are using auto assign now

Between 8 and 9 pm est last night no one fought rook which was the low number country

So when auto assign put you in rook you had a 3 sector flight to at least a 3 v1 gang bang

It was as boring as a night online in DCS or il2 but not as pretty and without the external flyby view to keep your interest

Eagler

I whole heartedly disagree. Just because there aren't multiple options to explore 24/7 does not mean the game is in that state. Not attacking you but your style of play sounds extremely  1 dimensional.

There is plenty of action at all times of day. If there isn't go out and create action. Someone will show up.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2021, 07:33:58 AM »
Yes if I  jumped to bishop and attacked knights I would have had the fight I was looking but using the automatic country assignment failed as no numbers were attacking rooks.

Guess I'll stop using it too

But as pointed out by others when you have more bases than players the map is way too big

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2021, 09:28:52 AM »

Eagler

Why not do some research and Google Vulkan API and read up on it instead of relying others to do your heavy lifting.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2021, 09:29:42 AM »
I whole heartedly disagree. Just because there aren't multiple options to explore 24/7 does not mean the game is in that state. Not attacking you but your style of play sounds extremely  1 dimensional.

There is plenty of action at all times of day. If there isn't go out and create action. Someone will show up.

I think you are missing his point. Attacking bases by one's self is boring for 85% of the player base. When there ain't fights, many don't show up. You are left with the 15% who are cool to play by themselves and take 25 minutes to bomb a base while they watch TV or sit in a tank, drive out to the town, and shoot buildings n such. That gets really boring. Flying to a base in hopes that one guy will roll is also boring. If the map doesn't generate action because fronts are too big, that's a problem and it shows in the #s for most of the day. Playing on bowlMA during the day is about like watching grass grow. If there is no path to action, people don't have any incentive to roll at a random base in hopes they will find someone. Rolling at a base that is being attacked by 1 P51D who more than likely won't fight you. IMO, it's one of the biggest issues with player #s right now. Where do new people roll on the map to have fun  and engage with the enemy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 09:36:50 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2021, 09:39:31 AM »

Wait wait wait...

Cross platform as in mobile and console?

I feel like this is a dumb question but I'm under the weather and not processing information all too well this morning.

Yes, Vulkan is compatible with different platforms, from game consoles, PC and select Android devices.  Basically, it unifies the architecture so developers only need to use one API to program to their platform of choice.

There is one major caveat, your videocard must be able to support Vulkan through drivers.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2021, 09:54:01 AM »
As the platform is restricted to computer systems only what's the sense of implementation of something like Vulcan?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »
As the platform is restricted to computer systems only what's the sense of implementation of something like Vulcan?

Does this game not play on a computer system?

And no, it is not limited to PC's, hence the phrase "cross-platform".

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2021, 12:03:48 PM »
Are you going to fly your 38 on your iPhone?

Not sure what cross platform ah can be used on except a pc is my comment

Eagler

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2021, 12:07:42 PM »

Eagler

Sometimes one must walk away when it is realized they are speaking to what amounts to be a wall.  Adios.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2021, 12:59:58 PM »
Don't listen to HTs bribery noise. The 56th bought him some of his precious Cragganmore Whiskey and a case of shiners bock to boot and delivered them by hand to HT Headquarters. We also gave him a 56th Fighter Group Plaque with all our names on it. We were trying to get him to make a P-47 with a paddle blade prop. The paddle blade gave the Jug a small performance boost. So here we are 10 years later and still no paddle blade prop. Please HT, we are a little overdue.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:05:32 PM by aztec »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2021, 01:08:33 PM »
  :headscratch: What put you in a bad mood AckAck? I'm trying to see it but it must be from a different thread.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2021, 01:41:01 PM »

Eagler

I believe what they are saying is with vulkan  people with Playstation and the latest Nintendo units will be able to join in the fun and play Aces High with the rest of us pc geeks. If so ,AH can tap 8nto a much bigger market because  far more gamers use consoles vs pcs.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2021, 02:06:02 PM »
  :headscratch: What put you in a bad mood AckAck? I'm trying to see it but it must be from a different thread.

No idea, recently he replied to a fun comment of mine suggesting 262s, f86, and early migs in a fake early jet age arena as not realistic in the Korean war (yeah no **** 262s werent in the korean war)... so just being pedantic? For what purpose? Whatever.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2021, 02:19:10 PM »
Yes if I  jumped to bishop and attacked knights I would have had the fight I was looking but using the automatic country assignment failed as no numbers were attacking rooks.

Guess I'll stop using it too

But as pointed out by others when you have more bases than players the map is way too big

Eagler
I can't argue what your saying <S> but staus quo is just that and this element won't change

I'm more referring to what I do. Ill go Wf/deck a base to generate action or take it myself.

I'll got hit strats. Run supplies where needed. The win the war fight always offers action to some degree. Whether large map or small there is always going to be a time investment in AH.

And for the record I'm offering counter arguments not trying to personally attack your stance  :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster