Author Topic: Northco map  (Read 9051 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Northco map
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2022, 04:36:52 AM »
I want to know why frame rates suffer more with this map than others?
Simply Congestion? Maybe? This map seems to Concentrate Players into tight groups?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2022, 04:06:57 AM »
THAT AWESOME...V85, CONSTANT TANK ACTION map...'Trinity" if I recall? Why has That Map, not been upgraded?  This was the ONE, that I honed my CAS ability's!  XXXJCXXX, my Old HS BUD!!!  PRE-this... On Forum...Saw his 'Avatar' Joker...Exact same, in 1990 Hixson HS Year Book!! ... "This may sound weird? JC!? As in Jim Cook?"...."GD, HOW?"    YOU Found Me!   WHAT?"   
    Recognized your Persona/Avatar!  :rofl     :D Just to be 'Tarded', over and over, by MOI :x Day after our BBS REUNION!   I didnt even know he was in to this sort of Game? Yet you Fellers, wonder why I luv yuns?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2022, 08:19:43 PM »
Logged out last night on NDIsles and today the SMFA2016 map is up….

So guess Northco was rolled again ~12hrs and as usual the majority of the player base doesn’t get to see it.

:(
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2022, 08:58:33 AM »
6 pages in and we still haven’t figured out the majority don’t give **** about fights and only want to roll it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2022, 09:40:49 AM »
Yes time to remove base capture from the game

Only allow gv if player has spent the previous hour in a plane preferably a fighter

Have mines for pt boats so cv can be sunk quickly

Make the game about air to air fights as the title suggests

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2022, 10:15:33 AM »
Which country rolled it?
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2022, 11:43:12 AM »

Only allow gv if player has spent the previous hour in a plane preferably a fighter

Eagler

Wow. Just Wow. Even if you jest, can't let that one lie. And you've been around long enough to know better. AND about unintended consequences!

Where do I start. Every one of these suggestions has the potential to discourage and remove players from the game but I'll start with the most obvious.

Seriously? You want to kill one of the most fun fights in the game?
We used to go to a base under attack by a CV and ask out bombers and shore battery guys not to take out the CV! Same with the opposition using cross country text. They almost always complied and the result was a sustained low alt. furball for an hour or two.

Sure, run off another group of subscribers. Force a substantial part of our community to play "your way"©. That'll help bunches.

This is the argument that led Hitech to lower the radar to 65' (paraphrased) "because the guys wanting to fight couldn't defend against NOE attacks." So Hitech agrees with you about air to air, and as far as air to air goes, I agree too, but not to the extent of running off players.

So in that context, and with radar altitude in mind ...
Sure, there were some squads with between 32 and 50 members, new players mostly, baby seals that had no chance otherwise, that could feel like heroes on their squad night if they pulled it off, but they seldom did.
Only a few guys like Rippsnort could put together missions that actually posed the kind of threat complained about and he would break off after a quick capture or three.
Tell me the community couldn't use 5 or 6 squads that size now.

If anyone wants to see the community expand so you have more targets, campaign to raise the radar altitude, or experiment with it at least. I'd suggest 150' or 175' to make it more likely a mission would break it but not impossible. ;)

If anyone thinks NORTHCO needs work, submit modifications in the form of a jpg and accept the map maker and Hitech's decision to update or not.
Maybe that particular map could require 30 or 40% of enemy bases if someone asks nice and starts a campaign.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 11:47:29 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2022, 01:13:27 PM »
Lol 😆

Here you go..should have added this to save your blood pressure...

/S

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2022, 01:32:52 PM »
If anyone thinks NORTHCO needs work, submit modifications in the form of a jpg and accept the map maker and Hitech's decision to update or not.

I made the map and have contacted HiTech with an offer to make some adjustments that might make the map last longer.  No reply as yet, so we may just have to accept that it will be a quick win.  I did notice someone saying the map is good for dogfights.  So, there's that.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2022, 02:22:17 PM »
I think the issue people have is not seeing enough of this map and other smaller ones, due to the fact the arena gets locked into a 3 map marathon of days on end because they are too big for the current population.

And the issue there are at least two maps , possibly three, that have been submitted by players and haven't made rotation yet.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2022, 04:18:50 PM »
ndisles used to be up for full 7 days as far back as I can remember.  hard to win it.  it got rolled in 1 day a couple of days ago.

some people think maps make the fight. players make the fight. yesterday bishops were hitting or defending against the knights. once I killed the ords in 3 bases those who wanted to take bases went to hit the rooks. those who were defending stayed, 3 pretty good furballs over all 3 bases.

but what do I know.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2022, 04:55:01 PM »

Eagler

You would loose 40% of the players with that implementation.

I don't play to fight, I fight to defend my bases and to capture enemy bases. Fighting to just fight is boring.
 :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2022, 07:25:43 PM »
I made the map and have contacted HiTech with an offer to make some adjustments that might make the map last longer.  No reply as yet, so we may just have to accept that it will be a quick win.  I did notice someone saying the map is good for dogfights.  So, there's that.   :D

No answer, is an answer. If you cited complaints for the reason, you shouldn't expect one.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2022, 08:35:36 PM »
No answer, is an answer. If you cited complaints for the reason, you shouldn't expect one.

I’m not sure what that means.

Of course, it seems a lot of complaints are just gripes. However, I’ve asked numerous times on country and ch 200 if anyone does not like the map; only one person said they do not because there “aren’t any CVs”.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2022, 06:25:17 AM »
Twice since the last post in ~12 hours, by morning crew as usual.

:(