Author Topic: Why were all of the maps with GV spawn battles removed from AH3?  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Why were all of the maps with GV spawn battles removed from AH3?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2021, 08:59:08 AM »
Today, I don't think any TT would work anymore, even with terrain issues fixed. Low numbers and changed habits.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2021, 10:45:07 AM »
Today, I don't think any TT would work anymore, even with terrain issues fixed. Low numbers and changed habits.

I agree to a point, the lower numbers would have a negative impact on good TT. However I believe it would could have a positive impact on the numbers as well.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2021, 04:56:01 PM »
TT may not work because of changed habits, but more so I think the game lost a lot of players who predominantly GV when terrains were changed to thick jungles, massive forests…

Getting those players to come back would require altering the terrains and somehow letting them know that the amount of TREES has been reduced.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2021, 08:56:47 PM »
The old crater was the best. When it came up I would always be in a tank getting hammered. Why? because EVERYONE was there doing it. There was very little flying done when that map was up. It made it much easier to spot tanks because there were so many of them firing all the time. I really miss that version of the map.

Im sure HTC could cut down the number of trees. Would it be something that would have to be done in the source files making it a bigger project? I dont know, but Hitech wrote some code to convert the old maps to the new version to speed up the progress, Im sure he could do it again. Dropping 50% of the trees and bushes we have now might be enough to entice those GVers back. Add a bit more in the way of an explosion when blowing a tank up, a bigger flash on a hit and you might pull some of the guys from WOT. Eye candy AND longer battles whats not to like.