Author Topic: The world's latest air force  (Read 4262 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: The world's latest air force
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 09:58:23 AM »
One would have to have been there deep in the logistics process of moving all those people and airlift assets to have an accurate idea of how it really went down.  Anyone else doesn’t know what they don’t know.

Everyone has known we were leaving (by signed treaty agreement) for over a year now. 

Any American still there not wearing a military uniform, or working for the CIA, or part on a very reduced skeleton Embassy staff should have gotten their butts out at least 6 months ago. 
It's not like we left troops stranded.

I'll almost wager that some of those were intentionally dragging their feet leaving to try and pin us there longer. Human anchors.  Some may have just been stupid I guess.

Nope.  They had over a year to have gotten themselves out on commercial flights.  Even my ex could pack faster than that.

(I'm speaking about American civilians that were inexplicably still there in the final months.  Interpreters are a different question.)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:01:17 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 10:26:54 AM »
Everyone has known we were leaving (by signed treaty agreement) for over a year now. 

Any American still there not wearing a military uniform, or working for the CIA, or part on a very reduced skeleton Embassy staff should have gotten their butts out at least 6 months ago. 

I'll almost wager that some of those were intentionally dragging their feet leaving to try and pin us there longer. Human anchors.  Some may have just been stupid I guess.

Nope.  They had over a year to have gotten themselves out on commercial flights.  Even my ex could pack faster than that.

(I'm speaking about American civilians that were inexplicably still there in the final months.  Interpreters are a different question.)

So, I gather you were involved in the logistics.  Good for you!  Hope it goes better next time!

- oldman (because otherwise you're expounding on something you know nothing about)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 10:35:48 AM »

So, I gather you were involved in the logistics.  Good for you!  Hope it goes better next time!

- oldman (because otherwise you're expounding on something you know nothing about)

Don't be obtuse.  It has nothing to do with military logistics.  Try and pay attention.

If you are an American civilian in Afghanistan:

1. You already screwed up.  Pro Tip: don't go to Afghanistan unless you wear a uniform and are ordered to by you country.   

2. You had a year to get out on commercial flights after the treaty was signed and publicly announced.  You had no business being there 6 months after the treaty signing.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 10:54:24 AM »

it's not that hard, deadline was May 1. was extended to August 31.  me being slow, I would have walked to the airport in February or March.  request a flight out of the country.  would have camped at the gates if I had too.

some choose not to leave, maybe they had families that had no visas, or perhaps a girlfriend.  some were doing humanitarian work. and some just waited too long. I don't know.

but it's a stretch to say they were left behind on purpose. going back a month ago, Afghani soldiers were complaining about the lack of supplies, little food or ammo. a good portion of the army existed only on paper. I hope all those government officials who took money were left behind on purpose.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 11:53:25 AM »
Wasn't it wonderful how the newscaster blamed the US for all the arms in the region. I wonder which US company it was that was supplying the taliban and al queda their AK's the RPG's and they PKM's they had been using in addition to the Dishka's.

Yep the bad ol' USA giving weapons to terrorists for hundreds of years.....

Initially the CIA put those weapons into their hands, which eventually led to the defeat of the Soviets occupation. Who knew that they weren't suppose to use those weapons against anybody else?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2021, 12:11:18 PM »

Like previously stated.  If you weren’t there involved in the middle of it, you don’t know what you don’t know. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2021, 01:17:51 PM »
Like previously stated.  If you weren’t there involved in the middle of it, you don’t know what you don’t know.

I don't know the logistics of what it takes to fly a passenger plane.  from how many cans of soda to how much fuel to who's flying.

but one thing is universal, if I'm not there, plane is Leaving without me.

semp

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 03:58:42 PM »

Have you said this to everyone claiming we "left Americans behind"?  Because seems to me they don't know what they don't know either then.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »
I don't always agree with the guy, but you have to give it to him.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 06:30:24 PM »
Because seems to me they don't know what they don't know either then.

True statement.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2021, 08:17:17 AM »
As stories come out of smuggling Americans out of Afghanistan continue I think it is obvious many were left behind and we will never know the true numbers as they are not known but be sure it is far worse than has been reported

Glenn Beck is a true hero here as are many other private citizens in this disaster of a withdrawal/surrender

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 01:35:25 PM »
the irony is that he was talking to carl, who a few days ago warned the nation "they're coming to your neighborhood ".

anyway it's a good thing what he's doing even though he exaggerates the events a bit.

semp

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2021, 02:21:59 PM »
I propose this idea.  Think of these aircraft as mobile trojan horses.

Satellites, high altitude drones and special forces on the ground are tracking them.  The Taliban use them for their purposes.  Intel confirms high level persons are nearby or around aircraft.

Infrared laser beam paints the aircraft and missile or bomb is sent to target.

Just a crazy thought, but possible.  Chess requires thinking a few moves ahead.

Or, someone didn't think a few moves ahead.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »
Who pushes the button? Tom Cruise?

I think you have seem too many movies...

Real life is way less organized than that

Like handing over an entire air force base to terrorists while asking terrorists for security while we try a historic airlift from an unsecured civilian airport ...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2021, 04:04:10 PM »
Who pushes the button? Tom Cruise?

I think you have seem too many movies...

Real life is way less organized than that

Like handing over an entire air force base to terrorists while asking terrorists for security while we try a historic airlift from an unsecured civilian airport ...

Eagler

Eagler not enough troops on the ground, that is a fact.  the base is 25 miles from kabul, evacuating people from that base would only lead to more people dying. Kabul airport was the logical place.

semp