Author Topic: The world's latest air force  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The world's latest air force
« on: September 08, 2021, 09:14:48 AM »
https://youtu.be/f0Rmk8Cq_7c

What a waste

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: The world's latest air force
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 10:23:22 AM »
She’s  a bit overly dramatic, saying a Cessna 208 is an “iconic military” aircraft.  It would be interesting if she did some factual research on how many of the iconic aircraft were left in operational condition. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 10:28:55 AM »
Something tells me operational or not the Taliban will profit from our rushed stupidity..I am sure our enemies are interested in the "scrap metal" we left laying around.

Yeah I hear our military leaders stating how nothing was left operational while another video showed the yahoos flying one around already...

And this doesn't even touch the gv's and other arms we donated to their cause...

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 11:46:26 AM »
eagle they said they basically destroyed aircraft or equipment at the airport. the rest was in posessiom of the Afghani military, who gave them up. now we trained Afghani pilots to fly them.  so they're the ones flying them now. but in a couple of years they will run out of parts. so they will become junk.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 01:10:08 PM »
Then a treaty with the Taliban should never have been negotiated and signed by a self aggrandizing President who wanted to have the Taliban leadership come to Camp David on 9/11...........just sayin....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »
Or we should have not turned over our largest air force base in Afghanistan until we were sure everyone was out of country

Trying to keep politics out of it.

Just a huge waste of everything that you would think would make every American boiling mad.

Eagler

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 02:16:08 PM »
Something tells me .....

And this doesn't even touch the gv's and other arms we donated to their cause...

Eagler

Yeah...been donating, supplying arms and money to this region since the mid 80s....what's new?  It dang sure isn't gonna stop
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 03:16:30 PM »
eagle they said they basically destroyed aircraft or equipment at the airport. the rest was in posessiom of the Afghani military, who gave them up. now we trained Afghani pilots to fly them.  so they're the ones flying them now. but in a couple of years they will run out of parts. so they will become junk.

semp

Yup, all the stuff they were showing was either russian or had ANA markings on it. I saw another report raging about all the armed humvees, but the videos they showed had guys hanging out the top of old humvees with PKMs.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »
Yeah...been donating, supplying arms and money to this region since the mid 80s....what's new?  It dang sure isn't gonna stop

Exactly what it is IMO..nothing more than insuring the next boogie man for the next 20 years we can throw lives, money and time uselessly at

Eagler

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 03:49:36 PM »
I agree as far as Small Arms and light ordinance goes - it is a shame that we put that into the hands of an entity that is a threat to other Countries around the world.

The true winners after 20yrs were the Private Contractors and some secondary Russian Arms dealers selling their obsolete junk Heap to the Afghans bought with Good Ol, donated, US dollars.

As far as the military Aircraft - What product in our inventory doesn't require a few hours of maintenance, preventative maintenance, and R&R of parts here and there for every couple of hours flown?. . . . lol I am sure we didn't leave them All the Ferrari's of the Fleet. . . .lol In time those will be as effective as Iran's Airforce trying to keep the F4s, F5s, F14s and a dozen other Aircraft flying.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 04:52:02 PM »
Or we should have not turned over our largest air force base in Afghanistan until we were sure everyone was out of country

Trying to keep politics out of it.

Just a huge waste of everything that you would think would make every American boiling mad.

Eagler

3500 servicemen on the ground at the time, so perhaps 1500 combat troops. how do you defend that base, the airport and help with evacuation.

that's what was inherited in January.  and as cold as it sounds,  citizens had months to leave, some for whatever reason waited till the end.

it's all a pile of crap and the last one has to take a bigger bite of it

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 09:30:31 PM »
Everyone had at least three weeks to get to the airport if they wanted to leave. If they didn't, its on them. The take that we left Americans behind is complete B.S.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 07:45:27 AM »
Everyone had at least three weeks to get to the airport if they wanted to leave. If they didn't, its on them. The take that we left Americans behind is complete B.S.

Wow ok sure

Semp had it right...it was just a big crap sandwich from the start that made many very rich while crippling and killing those sent into it for that profit.. can't wait for the next event that has us all fired up to the point we start another unwinnable war

Eagler

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 08:55:06 AM »
Wasn't it wonderful how the newscaster blamed the US for all the arms in the region. I wonder which US company it was that was supplying the taliban and al queda their AK's the RPG's and they PKM's they had been using in addition to the Dishka's.

Yep the bad ol' USA giving weapons to terrorists for hundreds of years.....
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 09:41:32 AM »

One would have to have been there deep in the logistics process of moving all those people and airlift assets to have an accurate idea of how it really went down.  Anyone else doesn’t know what they don’t know.

All gave some, Some gave all