Author Topic: Unsportsmanlike game play  (Read 14257 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unsportsmanlike game play
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2021, 06:56:17 AM »
Personally if I was him Id give my answer and then ignore the hoopla afterwards. At least we would have an answer instead of all the speculation that goes on and on.

Yep

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2021, 09:03:57 AM »
This is completely illogical. As described they are running, and diving to the deck, back to their base in an attempt to evade engagement. So they ARE ending up exactly where you say running prevents them from ending up.

one might think you made that up to hijack the thread for a map rant.

Only in the cases where they are pursued all the way back.  In that edge case, they are at least no worse off.

In the vast majority of cases though, a persuer will break off way before that if they realize they will never catch them.  Therefore in the vast majority of cases they will quickly get enough separation to reverse and re-enter the combat zone and continue to pick when they can do so without excessive risk without have to start all the way back at the tower.

If you removed scoring tomorrow, 85% of players wouldn't even notice.  95% wouldn't change the way they play regardless. 

If you don't get that, then you just don't get that.  It's not particularly important to me you get it, so...good luck with that.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2021, 10:20:21 AM »
Well on one hand, there isn’t really any good 51 sticks in the game with the exception of train45, or none at least that gives me pause. So, the alt monkey bronies in game tend to be more of a nuisance then anything else. I do understand OPs point however, trying to knife fight on the deck while being constantly mindful of being harassed/picked by 20k plus 51s 190s ect can get quite tiresome. On the other hand, AH is a sandbox and people pay their 15$ to play the game in the parameters that HTC set up. I reckon thing about the only thing that would mitigate alt monkey shenanigans is implementing a 17k overcast cloud layer but that would screw over the bomber boys though.

Chuikov

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2021, 10:49:25 AM »
Papa4 (I think was his callsign) and Higheye are one of the few pony drivers that I've noticed that will fight.

Wouldn't 17k cloud level just make them all fly at 16k? lol

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2021, 12:10:01 PM »
Someone answered.. "Ralph's Pizza Heaven, leave a message at the beep..." then they sneezed and hung up.

At least they replied. Then again that's not a reply, or is it????

Oh shaddupfuzeman!!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2021, 01:54:08 PM »
At least they replied. Then again that's not a reply, or is it????

Oh shaddupfuzeman!!!

Well it made me hungry for pizza so I forgot what I was going to say and didn't call back.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »
Papa4 (I think was his callsign) and Higheye are one of the few pony drivers that I've noticed that will fight.

Wouldn't 17k cloud level just make them all fly at 16k? lol

Nope just bomb at it..the rest of time fights in the cloud banks would be neat

I'm all for trying it out

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »
I created a wishlist thread that proposes a fix to how furballers interact with ground gunners that addresses the major concerns for both parties.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,403991.0.html

I've got nothing about how to fix running aircraft, Pony or otherwise.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »
I created a wishlist thread that proposes a fix to how furballers interact with ground gunners that addresses the major concerns for both parties.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,403991.0.html

I've got nothing about how to fix running aircraft, Pony or otherwise.

ot looking for a code change. Players have to recognize and own their unsportsmanlike gameplay and change it. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »
Ummm... errr... all I can do is point at my sig quotes, and laugh.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2021, 12:03:50 PM »
I'm with Vinkman on this, if not necessarily on the specific tactics he mentioned.  People using game glitches to their advantage and, (I have been told by people who should know) players inserting their own code into the game, which gives various aircraft the flight envelopes of other aircraft - specifically, turn fighting in a B25 - are exactly the things that are driving people away from Warbirds.  It's the main reason I investigated and tried Aces High, but the quality of the game and the atmosphere in the forums and in the open melee arena are going to be the reasons I stay.

I don't know how many people are actually active in AH from week to week, but I do know that, at a time of day when are are only one or two players online in WBs, there'll be anywhere from 30-50 online in AH.  So I'm looking forward to a time when I'm online and capable enough to be a asset to other players, and a hindrance to the enemy.  Until then I'm just building stick time and getting practice.

Decoy
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2021, 01:00:29 PM »
I'm with Vinkman on this, if not necessarily on the specific tactics he mentioned.  People using game glitches to their advantage and, (I have been told by people who should know) players inserting their own code into the game, which gives various aircraft the flight envelopes of other aircraft - specifically, turn fighting in a B25 - are exactly the things that are driving people away from Warbirds.  It's the main reason I investigated and tried Aces High, but the quality of the game and the atmosphere in the forums and in the open melee arena are going to be the reasons I stay.

99% chance those people that know are full of ****, it’s a way to explain their level of suck.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2021, 01:34:31 PM »
you can turn fight in any plane.  bombers are good turn fighters if you aren't afraid to fly it as a fighter.  flown it many times even outurned a p38, how? he wasnt expecting me to turn.

it even has its advantages, you can shoot in any direction while the fighter tries to position itself for a shot at a slow speed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2021, 02:09:41 PM »

I don't know how many people are actually active in AH from week to week, but I do know that, at a time of day when are are only one or two players online in WBs, there'll be anywhere from 30-50 online in AH.  So I'm looking forward to a time when I'm online and capable enough to be a asset to other players, and a hindrance to the enemy.  Until then I'm just building stick time and getting practice.

Decoy

There are very few "glitches" in Aces High and for "inserting their own code" I doubt that even more than a possibility of a glitch. HTC works very hard to maintain clean code and uses a lot of software to monitor and catch any code that isnt suppose to be there.

As Semp said, those that "know" are only trying to explain away their suckage.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2021, 04:33:15 PM »
There are very few "glitches" in Aces High and for "inserting their own code" I doubt that even more than a possibility of a glitch. HTC works very hard to maintain clean code and uses a lot of software to monitor and catch any code that isnt suppose to be there.

Yes, in my first email to 'support' about problems with mapping my controller, HiTech responded.  I found out his order in the food chain and his willingness to help (He send me his number and I called him and he walked me through - I was amazed) but he assured me that code insertion was not happening.  It's rampant in WBs.

A great company, and a great flight sim experience.

Decoy
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.