Author Topic: Unsportsmanlike game play  (Read 14223 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unsportsmanlike game play
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2021, 12:18:58 PM »
MA is not FSO..thank goodness as I find them as exciting as watching grass grow

Alt caps would make MA more enjoyable as it would limit the play space increasing the available targets in that reduced space IMO

Mountains higher than the cap would be interesting to as it would create great valley type battles

Eagler
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 12:20:36 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2021, 12:29:03 PM »
Have you seen what that looks like in the scenarios and FSOs though?  Bunch of people running around at 9999 feet never turning.  Not exactly sure that's an improvement of significance.

Wiley.
:headscratch:

Can't remember the last time in an FSO or Scenario where I didn't end up scrapping on the deck with enemies.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2021, 12:32:25 PM »
:headscratch:

Can't remember the last time in an FSO or Scenario where I didn't end up scrapping on the deck with enemies.

Depends on the opponent.  I see now that came across as saying it was a majority.  Same as not everybody does it in the MA, you just tend to notice it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2021, 02:07:19 PM »
How to deal with Unsportsmanlike Game Play:

Mano's Dicta

1. de tune 200
2. Try to secure advantages before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you.
3. Always carry through an attack when you have started it.
4. Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.
5. Always keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses.
6. In any form of attack it is essential to assail your enemy from behind.
7. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to evade his onslaught, but fly to meet it.
8. When over the enemy's lines never forget your own line of retreat.
9. For the Squadron: Attack on principle in groups of four or six. When the fight breaks up into a series of single combats, take care that several do not go for the same opponent.
10. Make it count.

:D :D :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »
As Wiley stated, fighting from below really is what I enjoy, but after you slaughter a few dozen, they start to pile on just to kill ya.  Still fun.

I really don't care if I die or not, I'd rather put myself in a sketchy situation and die 75% of the time, because the 25% you walk on on top is more satisfying than anything this game has to offer

One it is irritating to engage a guy though who will run no matter what, until you are in a 125mph stall fight with the guy that has a set of nads.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2021, 05:47:23 PM »
How to deal with Unsportsmanlike Game Play:

Mano's Dicta

1. de tune 200
2. Try to secure advantages before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you.
3. Always carry through an attack when you have started it.
4. Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.
5. Always keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses.
6. In any form of attack it is essential to assail your enemy from behind.
7. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to evade his onslaught, but fly to meet it.
8. When over the enemy's lines never forget your own line of retreat.
9. For the Squadron: Attack on principle in groups of four or six. When the fight breaks up into a series of single combats, take care that several do not go for the same opponent.
10. Make it count.

:D :D :D

Agree completely, plus:

11.  Always be unpredictable.

12.  Attack from the opponents blind spot.

13.  Keep the opponent guessing.

:salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2021, 06:00:48 PM »
Have you seen what that looks like in the scenarios and FSOs though?  Bunch of people running around at 9999 feet never turning.  Not exactly sure that's an improvement of significance.

Wiley.

FSO does not has never looked like that.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2021, 08:33:04 PM »
Personally I don't have any rules except log in fly and have fun..K/D ratio doesn't measure My fun ratio ..I pay to have fun not to care about dying..I have a pocket full of quarters and they keep giving my new planes... The one thing I've learned about this game since 2004 is the best and the worst thing about this game are one in the same... The players themselves... Cheers
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2021, 08:41:39 PM »
Reason I been flying the f4u-4 lately is to catch those running P51's.  Many have tried to out run and out dive me with most failing. hehehehe :t
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2021, 10:40:16 PM »
My biggest thing is when you are out away from everyone and all of your friendlies, but then 3 or 4 cons have to follow you out to gang you at all cost. Simply no mercy. Are you expected to just turn and "fight" them. In most cases they will catch you eventually. It's why so many choose fast BNZ planes. There is just no unwritten rule about piling on one guy in loner situations. Even mastering the art of defensive overshoots, fighting 3 or 4 guys at once who know how to play is extremely challenged. Ganging is and always has been a very challenging aspect to AH. That's why slow turny birds are much more difficult in the MA and why so many fly at 40k in the fastest planes of WW2.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2021, 06:56:15 AM »
Maybe get rid of individual scoring and go with a total team score.. then individual deaths or victories would not matter as much to those that would rather run than fight.

Which would then mean squat to those of us who auto switch in an attempt to help the other issue..lopsided numbers

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2021, 07:43:43 AM »
Maybe get rid of individual scoring and go with a total team score.. then individual deaths or victories would not matter as much to those that would rather run than fight.

Which would then mean squat to those of us who auto switch in an attempt to help the other issue..lopsided numbers

Eagler

I honestly don't believe they are flying that way because of score, it's more personally about them spending the time to get to the fight and trying not to die just out of pure instincts. They don't want to get ganged by 4 guys, so they resort to planes that they can escape from that. Even without score, people would still gang. It's just a natural phenomenon without any unwritten rules, most people are itching hard for a kill and in here it's "kill at all costs". Score and landing counts or whatever wouldnt even factor into people flying as timidly as they do. They fly timidly because it's all they know and don't want to waste their time dying so quickly after a long flight out there.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2021, 09:06:20 AM »
Maybe maybe not..

I think dying is tied to scores for most...how are they worried about flying 4ever to get to the fight if all they do is run away waiting for you to be engaged with one or two of their buddies so they can turn around and pick you from behind...then fly away 25 miles to land their 4 kills....yes it is all about scores and the text stating their kills

All for getting rid of any kind of kill message in the text buffer if it would help..

Unless the game limits this with restricted plane sets somehow it will continue to the end..

I'd much rather be in an f4 than a k but you can't catch much in the f4 in ma these days and nothing is more boring than to chase faster planes who are too scared to even turn around and try to b&z you...

Eagler

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2021, 11:17:08 AM »
People should be less concerned how others fly and play the game.  It just leads to posts like the OP's.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2021, 11:34:55 AM »
People should be less concerned how others fly and play the game.  It just leads to posts like the OP's.
Truth.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!