Author Topic: I am positive!  (Read 5963 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: I am positive!
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2022, 01:59:24 PM »
I've lost around 50 lbs the last couple of years. 
I don't consider myself very overweight now (still would like to lose another 10lbs to get back to my 25yo weight), but I do wake myself up occasionally from apnea.

When I'm clean shaven, I will use these (I use a different brand but they are all the same):

https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Breathing-Improved-Nighttime-Sleeping/dp/B07X27FV15/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1AT7HKEE6HO6P&keywords=mouth+tape&qid=1645127673&sprefix=mouth+tape%2Caps%2C105&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A3NQ5CNN94H3H4&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUkVFN0lFT1Q3Q0lMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjIxOTI5Qk5GWjhRNktEVU1YJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNDUzMzBSTDNVR09UUEhHUE0md2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

They look retarded but actually work really well.  When I end up on my back, my mouth can fall open and jaw drop and that is what causes it for me.  These prevent that.  They are not as uncomfortable as they look, but I rotate mine 90 deg.

Learned about them from this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Breath-New-Science-Lost-Art-ebook/dp/B0818ZZNLR/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1ZY2R0ZNGLM4Z&keywords=breath+book&qid=1645127989&sprefix=breath+book%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-2

Of course not recommended when you are nasally congested. ;)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:08:05 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2022, 04:43:25 PM »
The breathing is a concern. IF you are not taking full breaths, you could get pneumonia. That is what puts folks with the flu or covid into the hospital.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2022, 06:28:31 PM »
Despite wearing a mask pretty much everywhere and receiving the vaccine and a booster, I tested positive today. My symptoms so far: sneezing, coughing, headache, slight fever, annoyance!

I am fat and old with high blood pressure, but I have an unbelievable will to live.

Wish me luck!

Zapkin.

I've had it twice and suspect maybe 3 times.  One thing you'll notice coming out the backside is you'll get really tired easily.  It takes months to regain your strength.  Just take care man. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2022, 03:28:38 PM »
Hey Zapkin,  how are you doing?  Well I hope....   :cheers:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2022, 04:07:53 PM »
Was just thinking of posting to find out myself......

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2022, 01:25:45 PM »
Had a Doctor friend die from covid last week.

When people discuss "breakthrough infections", a lot of variables are not being considered. 
Vaccines don't prevent every single covid cell from infecting a person.      They aren't designed for that.   
They hip your immune system to the presence of the virus (by tricking it) which causes it to create antibodies that had never existed before within said body.     

The size of the initial infecting dose of victims plays a huge role on how sick they get and it's possible for a massive initial dose to initially overwhelm the body even as the immune system is slowly whittling down virus numbers.      Reminds me of what goes on in the body when one get's drunk. 

Do you think we would be OK versus a massive dose of polio virus?    Would we take nerve damage before our immune system rids the body of the virus?

Would they call it a "breakthrough infection"?   

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:50:40 PM by icepac »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2022, 02:21:41 PM »
Sorry to hear about your doctor friend

Peace to his family

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2022, 08:14:46 AM »
Still hoping to hear Robbler/Zapkin has recovered from Covid-19.   Been a while since we've heard from him.   

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2022, 12:16:40 PM »
Sorry guys. Been busy. I survived the stupid thing. I got very very very lucky. For one night only I was scared and then things got easier. I lost my smell and taste but only for a couple of days. I feel like I dodged a bullet. For what it is worth, I have had the J&J vaccine and then the booster. Other than that, vegetables and juice. Thanks for the concern guys. <S>
The man of many names

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2022, 03:02:45 PM »
Great to hear from you again Robbler and happy that every thing worked out.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2022, 07:12:59 AM »
Now you have the j&j and the natural immunity antibodies...

Bad news is you might catch it again

Good news is it should be less severe

If you are out of shape, consider it a wake-up call and do something about it now

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2022, 11:12:35 AM »

If you are out of shape, consider it a wake-up call and do something about it now

Eagler

I am gonna try. It's too easy for me to sit around and eat cheese. I literally live right next to a walking trail that goes for miles.
The man of many names

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »
BP rise about a month ago has me now avoiding all salt...yeah!

Life is a choice .. the correct ones are usually the hardest

Best of luck with your healthier future!

Eagler

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2022, 12:48:32 PM »
Just today I read about New Year's promises and how they often seem to be forgotten in a month or two. But as the article said, even a short period is better than no improvement in your habits at all.

The article also said that it takes about nine (9) months for a new healthy habit to stick to the point where not doing it makes you feel worse than doing it!

For the record I feel guilty and don't really wake up if I skip my morning excercise. Every morning except Sundays ("He rested on the seventh day...") I do a routine of about 15 minutes with the window open to ventilate the bedroom. Sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, squats, bows... On the mornings I'm going to take a shower I do more repeats in a fast tempo to really sweat. The rest of the days I do it to the tempo of Yoga breathing: Inhale through the nose for 3 seconds, outhale for 7 seconds while keeping the strained position. That'll make six repeats in a minute, two minutes for each posture is plenty enough. Compared to going to a gym my way has plenty of advantages: First, you don't have to go anywhere so you'll save the traveling time. Second, you don't have to worry about fashion, you can do it all in Adam's suit. Third, no fossil fuel is used which saves both your money and the environment. Fourth, you don't have to worry about what other people think about you as you're alone. Fifth, as you're training by yourself you don't have to explain anybody why you weren't there yesterday (having a hangover after a Scotch tasting night...) Etc.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2022, 02:13:19 PM »
Isometric exercises are making the news like they are brand new..

Held tension of any kind will increase strength and counts as resistance training..better than nothing.

They are now saying holding a full flex for as little as 3 seconds provides benefits ... sounds like a wishful exaggeration to me..

If covid should show us anything it is how unhealthy we all are and how fragile the human body is when it's not at optimum health

They should have issued discounts on treadmills and gym membership instead of stimulus checks...it would have had a longer healthier impact

Eagler