Author Topic: The only problem with the 3x perk point autoswitch thing (but it's a big one) is  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
I switch all the time..

I then fly to the largest fight regardless of who is in it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
OHHHHHHHHHH THE HORROR!!!

I can already tell by the quality of this whine that MCGavin moved the CV from the feet dry spawn which in my mind is a very lame glitch to the game used both in offense and defense.

If your main interest is base taking with no opposition, flying off the map (for again, fear of opposition) or glitching the game by doing nothing but dropping field supplies so it is impossible to capture. May we perhaps offer you to play offline?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member

I can already tell by the quality of this whine that MCGavin moved the CV from the feet dry spawn which in my mind is a very lame glitch to the game used both in offense and defense.

If your main interest is base taking with no opposition, flying off the map (for again, fear of opposition) or glitching the game by doing nothing but dropping field supplies so it is impossible to capture. May we perhaps offer you to play offline?

Lame excuse, feet dry spawn or not. Unjustified period.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
My viewpoint on CVs when I was playing was the rationalization of tactics by players was a bit odd and, at times, highly emotional. Driving CVs onto the beach was almost always a sure fire was to get the task force sunk. If you can muster the number of aircraft (along with skilled players) to make an efficient attack/capture of an enemy airfield you can do it by launching outside of the dar ring (IMO you should). When I took control of a TF I always reconfigured the waypoints to be not as close. Of course that would often result in another player taking control and changing the waypoints back (even if I explained my reasoning. And woe be it if I took off from a CV as it approached the designated target to CAP because I'll be seen. SMDH *chuckle*

Everyone imagines cheaters everywhere.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web

I need for you to explain to me how dropping field supplies is 'glitching the game.'  In your explanation, please be sure to cover the fact that supplies have to be dropped from unarmed transports which do not have the ability to outrun any a/c in the inventory, expect the Storch.

Thank you in advance.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
I need for you to explain to me how dropping field supplies is 'glitching the game.'  In your explanation, please be sure to cover the fact that supplies have to be dropped from unarmed transports which do not have the ability to outrun any a/c in the inventory, expect the Storch.

Thank you in advance.

There are a few places on maps where LVTs spawning from the CV actually spawn feet dry, and in some instances right outside town.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Pfactor you are my kind of player. It's all  about the fight
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
There are a few places on maps where LVTs spawning from the CV actually spawn feet dry, and in some instances right outside town.

Thanks.  I'm not much of a gv player.  I have seen, in the radio buffer, people complain when someone moves a cv that they were using to get a feet dry spawn.  Never paid it much attention.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help

Thank you in advance.

The goon is the only undefended supply vehicle. Jeep, LVTs, and M3s all have guns and cam Maneuver OUT of the path of guns (timing is important, and when you get them to crash oh how the giggles roll out of your mouth!)

The point oTRALFZo was trying to make was many of us would rather see other players DEFEND the base instead of resupply it.

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member

Totally.  I dont even care if I win very many.  Which is good, because I don't.  lol
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 05:16:39 PM by PFactorDavid »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member

Concur.

- oldman

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Lame excuse, feet dry spawn or not. Unjustified period.

Poor sportsmanship at the very most. But I am going to be devil's advocate here and say that it is no different than abusing the feet dry spawn. I thought we got rid of it years ago, where HT had a fit it was being abused however I have seen this drama play out in all 3 countries. Easy fix is to find someone who outranks and takes over command. DONE.

Just because players choose to auto switch,  they want to be a Ship Karen and revoke rights to man task groups? Now you are just being silly. Half the player roster late night is filled with auto switchers. Now they want to take that aspect of the game away from them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 04:38:56 AM by oTRALFZo »
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Sink the CV and defend or attack the feet dry spawn point. They’ll stop in 15 mins as the CV will be gone.

Most of the time, the players I see using Tu-2s or B-26’s on the deck have no problem getting to the boat through ack and enemy ftrs. It’s not a skill I’ve developed, but several dozen players are experts at it.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Poor sportsmanship at the very most. But I am going to be devil's advocate here and say that it is no different than abusing the feet dry spawn. I thought we got rid of it years ago, where HT had a fit it was being abused however I have seen this drama play out in all 3 countries. Easy fix is to find someone who outranks and takes over command. DONE.

Just because players choose to auto switch,  they want to be a Ship Karen and revoke rights to man task groups? Now you are just being silly. Half the player roster late night is filled with auto switchers. Now they want to take that aspect of the game away from them.

While I agree that feet dry spawns are undesirable, that is a Map makers error and should be fixable. That having been said, it still does not justify what he did. I concur with the suggestion that ALL auto switchers be restricted from CV control access, tying it into the Perk Point limitations would be a good idea.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76