Author Topic: The only problem with the 3x perk point autoswitch thing (but it's a big one) is  (Read 3652 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
That unscrupulous players will sabotage the team they are currently on in favor for the team they are usually on. I'd heard rumors of this before but actually saw it happen today. What happened was....

A bishop crew had managed to white-flag and deack a knight town from a CV. One of the aforementioned autoswitch players (SMcGavin, coincidentally(?) a member of the Elite, a squad in which another member was caught shading red-handed recently) saw what had happened and commanded the boat away from its take position. Eventually a bishop was found who outranked him and took the boat back, and the knight base was indeed taken.

SMcGavin thereupon commanded another CV away from its position defending a port, and the CV had to be taken over by another player who ranked him.

Really. Have people, and has the game, come to this?

Solution! Deny the autoswitch people the right to take command of CVs. Is this a doable thing? If they're really only after perk points they shouldn't care. And the game wouldn't be tarnished by the likes of SMcGavin when he no longer has that ability.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
You have to be on a side at minimum amount of time to be awarded perks if your country wins the War - maybe this time limit should also apply to whether you can take command of a fleet.  This would effectively eliminate the auto-side switch players from taking control of a fleet.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
how do you catch somebody shading?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help

semp

First you put on your tin hat and tune it to alphacentron497, then......

:D

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Molly, this is how you look complaining about the integrity of other players:

If you were a stand-up player yourself, your complaints might be worth looking into for merit; but since you habitually fly off the map to avoid combat in a combat game, it only makes you look like a blow-harding hypocrite.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member

semp

He was dumb enough to post my movements ("my source says Os headed for v29"etc) on knight country and some knights were unhappy about it and told me. And took screenshots.

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
Does anybody really need to cheat for perks?

I've been back for just a few days...  I suck...  And my perky bank is already building quickly.

If you are running short on perk points, it probably means you spend too much time in planes that earn perkies poorly.  Spend a few days flying something a little more challenging and rack up them points.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member

I either was logged off when this happened, or was too busy doing my thing and having fun to notice.

I find I have to tune 200 to Channel 3 or 4, or when I go to say something on country channel, instead it goes out on 200.
 Could it have been a simple mistake?  I don't know, only the accused person knows.

I like the autoswitch 99% of the time.  I play to have fun, not one bit into the win the war aspect, don't pay much attention to what everyone else is doing, nor where
a country's assets are at a given time.  If I am flying from a CV and get switched, I tend to look for action somewhere across the map from where I just was, just to lessen
or eliminate the possibility of being accused of being a spy. 

I consider it a courtesy to not fight against guys whose team I was just on, just a weird "honor" deal for me.

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
That unscrupulous players will sabotage the team they are currently on in favor for the team they are usually on. I'd heard rumors of this before but actually saw it happen today. What happened was....

A bishop crew had managed to white-flag and deack a knight town from a CV. One of the aforementioned autoswitch players (SMcGavin, coincidentally(?) a member of the Elite, a squad in which another member was caught shading red-handed recently) saw what had happened and commanded the boat away from its take position. Eventually a bishop was found who outranked him and took the boat back, and the knight base was indeed taken.

SMcGavin thereupon commanded another CV away from its position defending a port, and the CV had to be taken over by another player who ranked him.

Really. Have people, and has the game, come to this?

Solution! Deny the autoswitch people the right to take command of CVs. Is this a doable thing? If they're really only after perk points they shouldn't care. And the game wouldn't be tarnished by the likes of SMcGavin when he no longer has that ability.

SMcGavin may be an autoswitch but He wouldnt sabatoge Knights. He flies with integrity.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
SMcGavin may be an autoswitch but He wouldnt sabatoge Knights. He flies with integrity.
YMMV
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
He was dumb enough to post my movements ("my source says Os headed for v29"etc) on knight country and some knights were unhappy about it and told me. And took screenshots.

dude I used to play in the mornings, I quit after being intercepted by the same 2 or 3 guys. it would happen when attacking long range no matter which country. a few times i read on 200 semp check 6.  perfect shading right.  except I always did run to the strats high altitude bombing in the mornings and after the first few times they knew it was me.

they knew by just looking at the map. I've been around long enough to figure out who's flying based on what they do.  not everybody but a few of them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
First you put on your tin hat and tune it to alphacentron497, then......

:D

There's a tuner?  Damn.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
How does on opt in to the auto switch? Asking for a friend.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
dude I used to play in the mornings, I quit after being intercepted by the same 2 or 3 guys. it would happen when attacking long range no matter which country. a few times i read on 200 semp check 6.  perfect shading right.  except I always did run to the strats high altitude bombing in the mornings and after the first few times they knew it was me.

they knew by just looking at the map. I've been around long enough to figure out who's flying based on what they do.  not everybody but a few of them.

semp

Totally agree there are dedicated strat defenders who are good map and roster readers. Good for them, I do that too. What isn't okay is ppl telling squaddies on other teams what someone is up to and where, and players getting jumped based on that intel.

But that's not the point of this thread. A side-switcher who is usually nit used his rank to try to deny base take of nit to bish. And then broadcast the imminent take on 200 to alert his usual teammates to also try to avert the take. Is this really an acceptable thing?