Author Topic: Oldtimer review on coming back  (Read 3597 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Oldtimer review on coming back
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 05:37:33 PM »
Thinking of track IR. What you think Eagler ?

TrakIR is good, VR is better, MUCH better.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 06:03:12 PM »
TrakIR is good, VR is better, MUCH better.

Not goin there. Im 1800 in now. Another buck and a half is doable  :azn:
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 07:11:56 PM »
I found TrackIR to be a significant improvement over hat switch use, but the change in game experience when using VR is almost indescribable.  My jaw stayed on the floor for a full 10 minutes when I first tried it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 08:16:13 PM »
Not goin there. Im 1800 in now. Another buck and a half is doable  :azn:

Add another buck and a half to that first buck and a half and you have VR   :devil

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2022, 05:57:33 AM »
Most of us went from hat switch only to trackir which improves 2d tracking greatly

VR expands the experience into 3d so you get a much better feel where you are in the actual space which in an a2a sim can be incredible

It makes it very hard if not impossible to go back to a monitor for me...even a LG 34UC79G-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide IPS Gaming Monitor with 144Hz Refresh Rate

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 07:31:01 AM »
It is really hard to convey the experience with just words.   Everything we say about it is true, but still doesn't describe it well enough.

It's like the difference between watching the Rose Bowl at home on New Year's Day on a 22" TV, or actually being right there on the field with the players as the game is played.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2022, 07:36:43 AM »
It is really hard to convey the experience with just words.   Everything we say about it is true, but still doesn't describe it well enough.
This is exactly it. After putting some VR film into the Scenario promo, I look at it and think wow that looks cool, but it's still nothing like having the headset on.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2022, 08:32:34 AM »
VR is flipping amazing, a huge step up in immersion!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2022, 09:28:14 AM »
One of things so amazing about VR is how canopy frames no longer 'block' your view.  We used to have to set our head position carefully in each view for each plane to minimize any interference from the canopy bracing.   With TrackIR, you can change your head elevation to try to see around the bracing, but with VR it's absolutely natural and amazing how your mind processes minimal head movements to see 'around' the braces.   It's just exactly like real life.  No more blind spots.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2022, 05:53:49 PM »
This is why I need to out together some bomber instructional videos . . .
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2022, 09:51:01 PM »
Dichotomy at my very best I was average.  SA is coming around. Reversals are coming around, but I can't hit sh*t.
Even an assist once in awhile. ....would be nice.

Very frustrating. But it's fun when I find the fight. I shoot my clip of bullets, miss everything I shoot at, do the pilot thingy and sometimes survive.

As long as it's a fight.

Flew a bomber mission today. I dozed off...

Last bomber mission for me..

I was almost overcome with excitement..

The tool sheds are safe when I'm around. Come to think of it, so are the enemy planes.

because....

I CAN'T HIT SH*T !!!!!

When I get back we can go to the TA together and you can use me for target practice my friend.  Did my taxes today.  Looks like my return might be a bit expedited.  Just depends on if one of these two computers can handle it while I save up for my gaming rig.  I'll let you know. :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2022, 10:26:28 PM »
 :aok
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2022, 11:11:32 PM »
word of advice for this first ordering track ir or vr. have a bucket ready or move puter to the bathroom. you will get dizzy unless you are not prone to motion sickness. but once you get over it.  totally different game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2022, 12:13:50 PM »
word of advice for this first ordering track ir or vr. have a bucket ready or move puter to the bathroom. you will get dizzy unless you are not prone to motion sickness. but once you get over it.  totally different game.

semp

I found when this when trying VR but this changed for me when I changed the IDP .... Made a huge difference with the brain feel

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2022, 12:38:42 PM »
Play jet island on steamvr for a bit in vr and a game as smooth as ah will not bother you

3 years and 3 months of vr experience and I still feel jet Island after playing a bit and taking the headset off..

Like fishing offshore if you don't have sea legs...you will feel it after for a bit

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals