Author Topic: Untapped player resources (possibly)  (Read 3436 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Untapped player resources (possibly)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2022, 03:12:00 AM »
I'm working on starting a YouTube channel for AHIII in VR. Just currently swamped with work and life responsibilities. But I'd love to amp up the outreach for AH to a new player base. Making fun videos with lots of shenanigans and ridiculous missions. As well as highlighting the fun in this arcade-light/not-quite-sim/but-pretty-authentic flight sim experience.

To that end, does anyone have experience with video graphics and overlays that I could develop for the intro and outro sections? And anyone have experience with music and effects to lay in? I look toward the YouTubers such as PrestonPlays and Mr. Beast Gaming, and DanTDM...all characters that my kids watch on their channels, and they have lots of fantastical and exciting effects in their videos. That's what we need!
HMMM? I believe I know, yur feller :old:  DM    BTPAGE...ULtactus these days...also Congrexes Prime, for his Youtube channel name. I might be biased though lol  However, He didnt like his VR films'.  Cant remember if it was his Capture Card, or the "Shakiness" of his head head, in the films?  Play one of your VR recordings and we have a "Use Recorded Views", and see if you have better Neck Muscles? :devil  Everything else...he's your Feller :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2022, 08:57:46 AM »
I'm working on starting a YouTube channel for AHIII in VR. Just currently swamped with work and life responsibilities. But I'd love to amp up the outreach for AH to a new player base. Making fun videos with lots of shenanigans and ridiculous missions. As well as highlighting the fun in this arcade-light/not-quite-sim/but-pretty-authentic flight sim experience.

To that end, does anyone have experience with video graphics and overlays that I could develop for the intro and outro sections? And anyone have experience with music and effects to lay in? I look toward the YouTubers such as PrestonPlays and Mr. Beast Gaming, and DanTDM...all characters that my kids watch on their channels, and they have lots of fantastical and exciting effects in their videos. That's what we need!

I made this one using a template from www.renderforest.com.   You supply your own graphic images, and you can choose music they provide or provide your own I think.  They have a ton of templates to experiment with; everything is free at low resolution with watermarks included.  To export in 1080p or remove watermarks, its costs $20 I think.  But you can try a lot of different ideas out with the templates they provide.   Wish I could build a preview of the video into this post, unfortunately you just have to follow the link to watch the clip:

Sample Aces High video intro:
https://www.renderforest.com/watch-58990221?quality=0

« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 09:01:52 AM by oboe »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2022, 12:22:27 PM »
It's simple for the POTW. More players and we would return.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2022, 12:27:27 PM »
If everyone who says they would come back if there were more people came back, there would be more people.  :headscratch:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2022, 04:06:57 PM »
Coming back to come back in back of coming back is coming back in style.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 07:41:30 PM »
If everyone who says they would come back if there were more people came back, there would be more people.  :headscratch:

Self-unfulfilling prophesy?  :old:

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
HMMM? I believe I know, yur feller :old:  DM    BTPAGE...ULtactus these days...also Congrexes Prime, for his Youtube channel name. I might be biased though lol  However, He didnt like his VR films'.  Cant remember if it was his Capture Card, or the "Shakiness" of his head head, in the films?  Play one of your VR recordings and we have a "Use Recorded Views", and see if you have better Neck Muscles? :devil  Everything else...he's your Feller :aok

Yes I love the VR appearance in Film Viewer. It works great. And I use OBS Studio for screen capture of the fights. I've made a couple videos on my channel (in sig), and need to spice them up. Plus I need to edit with a lot more fun content. I'm looking at getting some equipment (ring light, etc.) to be able to track my head movements in VR during the fights.

I made this one using a template from www.renderforest.com.   You supply your own graphic images, and you can choose music they provide or provide your own I think.  They have a ton of templates to experiment with; everything is free at low resolution with watermarks included.  To export in 1080p or remove watermarks, its costs $20 I think.  But you can try a lot of different ideas out with the templates they provide.   Wish I could build a preview of the video into this post, unfortunately you just have to follow the link to watch the clip:

Sample Aces High video intro:
https://www.renderforest.com/watch-58990221?quality=0

That was awesome. I totally want to use that.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2022, 04:09:47 PM »
I may get involved in this. I have a few girls in mind for my ground crew.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2022, 05:03:38 PM »
Yes I love the VR appearance in Film Viewer. It works great. And I use OBS Studio for screen capture of the fights. I've made a couple videos on my channel (in sig), and need to spice them up. Plus I need to edit with a lot more fun content. I'm looking at getting some equipment (ring light, etc.) to be able to track my head movements in VR during the fights.

You're welcome to use it!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2022, 06:33:06 AM »

AGREE!  I to this day, cant understand, why Tactus doesnt record..in VR?  Is what it is...Didnt "Hook Him UP" for Youtube Views, any how!Of LATE...He hasnt been Recording...because he was in VR.  GD, I love that Feller!  You others, as well!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2022, 07:22:18 AM »
why not see if previous players might be attracted back.

:aok

I'd like to think that a demographic of new gamers would be interested in a WWII flight sim of this quality.  The challenge is finding where they are and marketing to those mediums.  Dale is that something you are or will be pursuing? 

Thanks,

X15 :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2022, 07:31:30 AM »
The new HBO series about the 8th air force is bound to draw some players back in I would imagine. I’m not sure when that’ll be around though.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2022, 08:52:52 AM »
The new HBO series about the 8th air force is bound to draw some players back in I would imagine. I’m not sure when that’ll be around though.

Apple TV now owns the rights to it.  I check on that series, ("Masters of the Air"?), often.  Supposedly it is set to release in 2022.   

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2022, 10:35:46 AM »

Yeah this is looking really interesting. I saw a site talking about how they film with the scale models suspended in the air from the runway by cranes in England where they're filming. Then digital spinning props added later :-)

You're welcome to use it!

Thanks, Oboe!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2022, 01:18:27 PM »
To start cutting stuff up you'll need a video editing software of some sort. I use Vegas Pro, other options are Adobe Premier or Power Director. I've never used the built in Video Editor in Windows 10.

I agree that the film viewer VR product is superb. Hoping to do an all VR film soon once I fully jump into using VR.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com