Author Topic: Untapped player resources (possibly)  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Untapped player resources (possibly)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2022, 03:26:17 PM »
Well as an old timer that just came back I can honestly tell you that I never got any email from HTC asking/offering anything to come back for a trial. It would have been nice to have that but once you click the button to stop your account there is nothing offering you any reasons to just say no.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2022, 03:51:25 PM »
Well as an old timer that just came back I can honestly tell you that I never got any email from HTC asking/offering anything to come back for a trial. It would have been nice to have that but once you click the button to stop your account there is nothing offering you any reasons to just say no.

That was only you, he's still not sure if hes going to let you back in.   :devil

Welcome back Reschke!  <S>

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »
To start cutting stuff up you'll need a video editing software of some sort. I use Vegas Pro, other options are Adobe Premier or Power Director. I've never used the built in Video Editor in Windows 10.

I agree that the film viewer VR product is superb. Hoping to do an all VR film soon once I fully jump into using VR.

I wish there was a way to show the 3d aspect of it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2022, 04:22:49 AM »
Self-unfulfilling prophesy?  :old:
How the heck are you doing, Brother?   Long Time-No See!   :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2022, 08:00:48 AM »
Well if it helps I'm planning on coming back.  It's going to be a few months though.  Gotta get geared up and practiced. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2022, 05:37:39 PM »
How the heck are you doing, Brother?   Long Time-No See!   :rock

Unpacking. Back in my childhood home. It's carthetic. Watching SNL (ep. 2 season 1). Time travel exists. How be thee?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2022, 04:20:52 AM »
Unpacking. Back in my childhood home. It's carthetic. Watching SNL (ep. 2 season 1). Time travel exists. How be thee?
I understand! Moved to my Parent's Home town, well to Dad's Home Place, couple of years ago. 2019. That was the ONLY HOME, that was constant, when growing up.  I can't get away with NOTHING, HERE!  "You Marshall's Grand Kid? Stanley's Boy"  YES I AM....we all look alike :rofl Other than that and the BS Multiple Sclerosis, I cant complain!  :rofl Good to see ya, "Top Side"...so to speak :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2022, 07:11:20 AM »
Sorry to hear about the MS. Good to see you, too. :)

Offline Blakes7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2022, 06:08:24 AM »
Counter-Strike 1.6 is an ancient game, older than AH3, but it has enjoyed a new lease of life in Eastern Europe and China.

It's simply a question of marketing and making it accessible.

Old games can be very inaccessilble to new players. Matching novices against people who've been playing for years. The older players sometimes fail to recognize they might have to choose sometimes between playing and winning, or at least playing fairly. In AH3 I don't think that is so much of a problem, I managed to do alright on a clapped out computer with no experience.

This game has a lot of information which is not immediately obvious to a brand new player.

Counter-Strike did so well in Eastern Europe and the Far East because there is not a lot people need to know to match experienced players.

Few thoughts there, food for though.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2022, 01:45:58 PM »
Commie Strike.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2022, 05:19:28 AM »
Sorry to hear about the MS. Good to see you, too. :)
Bro, I got that watermelon handled! So far! No 2 Letters of Alphabet can keep me down :devil

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2022, 01:13:53 PM »
Bro, I got that watermelon handled! So far! No 2 Letters of Alphabet can keep me down :devil

Good. Keep on keeping on, sir
 :cheers:

Offline BAD1051

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2022, 08:02:42 PM »
Sorry guys... I quit playing several months ago because of strokes...
Since then I have relegated to the arcade WOWP to get my flying high...
Not that I was any good before the strokes but I really enjoyed the
comrades that all of you are... Hopefully I will get back soon b/c wowp
really sux compared to AH
 :salute
Damn Rams im sorry to hear this. I hope they have figured out what is/was causing them. I pray for a speedy and full recovery for you fellow AH brother... and that you return to the game  <S>

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2022, 07:22:03 AM »
Not massively thought this through as I've learned not to expend too much energy on this sort of thing but...

If it is apparently the case that Aces High does not appeal to the new generation of gamers, why not see if previous players might be attracted back. Given that a good percentage of those might now be retired, or become bored of other games or hobbies, or grandparents, or otherwise preferring to be more home-based now, why not send an email to everyone who has had a subscription for a year or more and offer a special try-it-again month-free subscription offer?

That would neutralise the learning curve and the players not sticking around for half an hour because they didn't like the interface, controller setup WHY business - they’ve already been through that. A month would give them enough time to de-rust and see if they might like to play again. While that is ongoing it would increase the effective number of players in the arena(s) for only the cost of a few Starbuck's cups-worth of extra electrons on the servers. It's win-win! Might even consider doing this in phases: n-number for this month, the next batch for the following month, to preclude a one-time only lump of potential returners. If those players still have old squaddies flying, you might also mention that.

Further, why not have a forum amnesty and do the same. Anyone who has been PNGed for what amounts to a non-death penalty offences could be emailed and invited back, with the similar offer. Possibly some players have stopped playing because of ill-feeling.

Previous-players have probably not been actively courted in the history of AH, if not, might be worth a shot.

Just a thought.   :banana:

During my hiatus every time i ran across someone online that had an enthusiasm for WWII planes I pointed them to hitechcreations and will continue to do so. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute