Author Topic: 737 Crash  (Read 5424 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: 737 Crash
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 09:17:31 AM »
"They don't even teach Accounting in public school. I had to learn it myself."

They don't teach math in schools anymore?

Funny, but you do realize that accounting is a specific and separate application of math, a little bit of a hurry to find something to criticize DmonSlyr for? For example 1 +1 = 2 vs ledger entries checks and balances, costs and margin

Just checking
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 09:18:22 AM »
So many possibilities... Where do we start our thoughts after watching the last video where it was doing a lawndart into the side of the hill.

(ahem)
1. Don't these fracking flight schools teach runaway trimtab procedures?
2. Pilots with fake credentials?
3. Will the Chinese government hide the fact the pilot committed suicide?
4. NTSB are a bunch of useless tards nowadays.
5. FAKE CHINESE PARTS...wait a minute

Did I miss anything?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 11:19:49 AM »
I don't really understand the final part where it regained alt and then dived back in. Maybe only half the wing came off? From the film, the part he filmed would be right after it regained alt. Also interesting is the camera guy was able to know right where it was in rural China to catch the last second of it. I'm surprised too it was able to leak to the press. It was a very short video, curious how long he was recording. Looked like the last wing broke off there. 

If all is as it appears, truely devastating.

They say the gain in alt may be an anomaly.

It's not. It's a 737-800; not a MAX.

I believe they stated it is a 737-89P

Regardless of what happened, I  hope they find the cause. It is the only way we learn and can correct the issue.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 11:26:08 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »
Funny, but you do realize that accounting is a specific and separate application of math, a little bit of a hurry to find something to criticize DmonSlyr for? For example 1 +1 = 2 vs ledger entries checks and balances, costs and margin

Just checking

When I was in high school, accounting was part of math. ;)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2022, 11:26:16 AM »
I believe they stated it is a 737-89P
AKA a 737-800.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2022, 11:29:29 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »
Crush Boeing..what's left?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2022, 01:27:19 PM »
4. NTSB are a bunch of useless tards nowadays.

I have no idea why you would state that. The institution has been essential and impartial investigations to advance air safety. As a Canadian air line pilot who was deeply involved with flight safety, I followed most of their investigations and have never observed anything but the most professional processes.

It should be re-enforced that the mandate of the NTSB is never to lay blame but rather to determine the most probable cause to prevent re-occurrence  and to enhance future air safety.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2022, 01:29:19 PM »
Crush Boeing..what's left?

Eagler

Why would we want to crush Boeing? Airbus is better? or crush them too?
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2022, 02:10:49 PM »
The video I was watching of it did not say CCTV. Who do you think controls the schooling system in America, Doochebag? The same clowns that put masks on kids for 8 hours a day at school while they sit at their desks. It's the same education your country is getting because it's controlled by pretty much the same people. Of course its a total sham. All they care about is kids going to college to learn about theory. The same idiots who run the school system are the same idiots running the country into the ground. Least I become a high paid Controller though because I'm actually smart and jobs aren't really that dependent on public schooling. They don't even teach Accounting in public school. I had to learn it myself.

Blah blah blah... let me quote the link above:

Shocking CCTV footage emerged on social media showing the jet racing vertically towards the ground today

(That is stated several times)

It also looks like typical CCTV footage, a fixed camera.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2022, 05:16:37 AM »
Those poor people.

:pray

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2022, 07:57:59 AM »
Blah blah blah... let me quote the link above:

(That is stated several times)

It also looks like typical CCTV footage, a fixed camera.

I didn't look at that link. But you don't have to be a dooch about it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2022, 11:54:22 AM »
Profile kinda/sorta looks like an Emergency Descent profile. Down from 30k to under 10k in roughly 2 minutes, which IMO is pretty fast even for an ED. But it's not an unusual thing to recover at 10k due to pax being able to breathe without oxygen masks at 10k.

So really high rate of descent down, attempt to level at 10k, go below it in the recovery due to high rate of descent, climb back towards 10k but then what?

Just speculation but one of the few reasons I can come up with for that profile.

Nobody knows nuthin' right now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2022, 12:48:08 PM »
Profile kinda/sorta looks like an Emergency Descent profile. Down from 30k to under 10k in roughly 2 minutes, which IMO is pretty fast even for an ED. But it's not an unusual thing to recover at 10k due to pax being able to breathe without oxygen masks at 10k.

So really high rate of descent down, attempt to level at 10k, go below it in the recovery due to high rate of descent, climb back towards 10k but then what?

Just speculation but one of the few reasons I can come up with for that profile.

Nobody knows nuthin' right now.

I recall Toad that you also fly (or flew) professionally as well?

Nothing that I flew could descend at any more than 8000 ft./min in full ED configuration. I never flew any of the 737's but the sailplane like wings on the NG version, I suspect it might struggle to get down in a hurry.
I was always under the impression that FAR 25 placed a maximum time limit to accomplish an ED from Max Certified altitude but all I have been able to find was this:
 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207481/

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2022, 12:51:14 PM »
It it possible that they exceeded the max ft/min and sheered control surfaces or something made them inoperable?

Obviously just logical theories at this point. Hopefully we can avoid conspiracy theories so the thread stays open.  :rolleyes:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com