Author Topic: 737 Crash  (Read 5422 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: 737 Crash
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2022, 07:22:25 AM »
The accident airplane was not a MAX and has no MCAS system installed.
Yes we've already determined that to be fact.

All I am saying is, all it took was a glitch in the system/faulty sensors to present the 'herculean force' and hold the nose down.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 07:24:17 AM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2022, 07:25:51 AM »
Bohemian Grove.

Do I know what really has taken place there and currently goes on, no.

Do you?

A secret society that worships the owl of Minerva and do some sick stuff out there.

Here's just how powerful Minerva is to the cult of DC.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 07:28:49 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2022, 08:10:16 AM »
when companies switched from cash accounting to make up accounting is when I quit being an accountant.  sorry I meant accrual accounting. which is the same as make up accounting.

and yes you do need to know a bit of math and algebra if you want to be an accountant.  after all 2+2 = 4 is not always true.

semp

The basic premise for accrual accounting is for companies to have a longer period of time to pay their bills. Normally it's a net30. Also, a company may want to enter a bill in a current month that hasn't been given to them yet. This allows companies to have Accounts payable and accounts receivable. Normally you have to have some type of credit proof if you want companies to give you a credit account for AR. There is nothing wrong with it. It's just some companies can try to get away with creating faux invoices (AR) that shows they earned more revenue than they actually did. This is fraud. The real reason that companies use accrual base accounting is for organizing what they owe and what they should receive, and it will help them pay their bills based on their cash flow and analyze their actual expenses for the month even if they haven't received the bill yet. Cash accounting would make it harder to organize and see the real business expense/revenue for the current month.

Accounting is 80% organization, 15% knowledge of Debits and Credits and how the PL and BS work, and 5% actual math. In accounting, it's more like 2-2=0, as there is an equal and opposite reaction to every transaction that balances out. I'd say it's mostly basic simple mathematics. It doesn't matter how good you are at complex calculus or how much you think you know about how accounting works, if you are not organized with your files and desk management, or know where you put things into an account. You will not be a good accountant. The #1 thing accounting is useful for as an individual is organizing and understanding your money and cash flow so you can grow your self monetarily, just like a business. That is after all why they call them "Organizations".
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2022, 12:03:07 PM »
What the hell does this have to do with a plane crash

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2022, 05:37:00 PM »
What the hell does this have to do with a plane crash

It’s called….

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2022, 10:03:21 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2022, 11:50:12 AM »
I recall Toad that you also fly (or flew) professionally as well?

Yes. Still instructing too.

Nothing that I flew could descend at any more than 8000 ft./min in full ED configuration. I never flew any of the 737's but the sailplane like wings on the NG version, I suspect it might struggle to get down in a hurry.

I flew the 737-800. Yes, it was a bit tougher to get it to slow down and go down simultaneously. The way they set us up going into KSLC from a downwind visual pattern could easily result in either overspeeding the flaps or going around. Or both, LOL! We finally got through to the approach controllers that you didn't slam dunk this airplane.

Anyway, all I'm saying is just looking at the profile....disregard the timeline/speed/whatever...it looks like the typical ED graph with an overshoot of the 10k target and attempted recovery back towards 10k.

I'm SURE there will be more to it than that but a quick glance at a graph like that does seem similar to an ED.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2022, 05:24:01 PM »
You can slow down or go down in a 737 but, not both at the same time.  Despite its appearance, the 737 is very aerodynamically clean and slippery.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2022, 05:28:51 PM »
You can slow down or go down in a 737 but, not both at the same time.  Despite its appearance, the 737 is very aerodynamically clean and slippery.

I believe most of the newer Boeings are like that. 250 KIAS, clean, idle thrust yields a typical max 1500fpm. No idea what the French jets do.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2022, 11:24:40 PM »
I believe most of the newer Boeings are like that. 250 KIAS, clean, idle thrust yields a typical max 1500fpm. No idea what the French jets do.

My time in -100, -200, -300, -500, -700, & -800 models consistently demonstrated the slow down or go down mantra.  The nice thing about the NGs is the higher flap extension speeds which makes for a handy way of descending more aggressively in the traffic pattern when needed.  NGs with the glass panels and advanced technology were my favorite.  The -100 & -200 were the best as far as hand flying goes.  Very responsive, almost fighter like feeling to it but, with lots of clocks and old stone and chisel technology.

“If ain’t Boeing, I ain’t going!”

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2022, 10:45:36 AM »
An interesting bit on the pilots:  https://www.theepochtimes.com/pilots-mental-state-a-potential-cause-of-crash-of-chinas-eastern-airlines-flight-mu5735-expert-says_4373924.html

"...According to information made available to the public, Yang Hongda, the captain of the crashed plane, was only 32 years old with a total flight time of 6,709 hours, while Zhang Zhengping, the first co-pilot, was 59 years old with a total flight time of over 32,500 hours.

Gao said it is highly unusual for Yang to be the captain when he had only flown for less than 7,000 hours. According to the airline’s code of conduct, a senior like Zhang would be the captain, and Yang would be Zhang’s apprentice at best, Gao said, adding that this was counterintuitive and should be the other way around...."
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2022, 10:54:11 AM »
An interesting bit on the pilots:  https://www.theepochtimes.com/pilots-mental-state-a-potential-cause-of-crash-of-chinas-eastern-airlines-flight-mu5735-expert-says_4373924.html

"...According to information made available to the public, Yang Hongda, the captain of the crashed plane, was only 32 years old with a total flight time of 6,709 hours, while Zhang Zhengping, the first co-pilot, was 59 years old with a total flight time of over 32,500 hours.

Gao said it is highly unusual for Yang to be the captain when he had only flown for less than 7,000 hours. According to the airline’s code of conduct, a senior like Zhang would be the captain, and Yang would be Zhang’s apprentice at best, Gao said, adding that this was counterintuitive and should be the other way around...."

Possible that Zhang was a Training Captain/Check Airman similar to how our airlines conduct UOE flights?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 10:56:35 AM by Puma44 »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2022, 03:46:47 PM »
The article didn't mention that on this flight. Apparently there had been an airline merger with Zhang coming in from the failing/failed company.

If you've been in the biz very long, you've probably heard 100 How I Got Screwed In The Merger stories. They mention Zhang took a very large pay cut.

The article says the pilots that didn't like the merged list/new pay were doing some pretty out of bounds stuff like not landing at destination and returning to point of origin claiming wx, etc.

So there's some speculation this had something to do with that kind of stuff. Maybe we will see if China puts out the FDR and Voice Recorder data.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2022, 04:03:19 PM »
Very interesting.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2022, 04:48:56 PM »
The article didn't mention that on this flight. Apparently there had been an airline merger with Zhang coming in from the failing/failed company.

If you've been in the biz very long, you've probably heard 100 How I Got Screwed In The Merger stories. They mention Zhang took a very large pay cut.

The article says the pilots that didn't like the merged list/new pay were doing some pretty out of bounds stuff like not landing at destination and returning to point of origin claiming wx, etc.

So there's some speculation this had something to do with that kind of stuff. Maybe we will see if China puts out the FDR and Voice Recorder data.
The experienced copilot was actually at the successful company. The successful company was forced to merge with the company that was failing. The people running the failing company being placed in charge of the merged company.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:50:34 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)