Author Topic: 737 Crash  (Read 5425 times)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
737 Crash
« on: March 21, 2022, 12:01:41 PM »
Earlier today, China Eastern Airlines suffered the total loss of a Boeing 737-800. News reports are sketchy but it's reported that the airline has decided to ground it's entire fleet of over 100 B737-800's. Apparently the airline operates only 3 B737-Max.
Here's hoping the Chinese authorities honor the NTSB's request to be participants in the investigation.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: 737 Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 12:31:49 PM »
At almost 30,000 feet the aircraft went into a dive. Took just over two minutes to hit the ground. No survivors.

Claims to be video of the crash...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10634901/Boeing-737-passenger-jet-carrying-133-crashes-rural-China.html#v-147858520743130903

Flightaware... https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CES5735

« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 01:59:34 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 03:32:19 PM »
Wonder who was on it...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 05:51:49 PM »
My guess is a wing broke off. The thing fell like a rock.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 06:17:14 PM »
Sounds like another MCAS, but I doubt that was equipped with it.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 06:32:10 PM »
I don't really understand the final part where it regained alt and then dived back in. Maybe only half the wing came off? From the film, the part he filmed would be right after it regained alt. Also interesting is the camera guy was able to know right where it was in rural China to catch the last second of it. I'm surprised too it was able to leak to the press. It was a very short video, curious how long he was recording. Looked like the last wing broke off there. 

If all is as it appears, truely devastating.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 06:51:37 PM »
Sounds like another MCAS, but I doubt that was equipped with it.

It's not. It's a 737-800; not a MAX.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 06:56:27 PM »
I don't really understand the final part where it regained alt and then dived back in. Maybe only half the wing came off? From the film, the part he filmed would be right after it regained alt. Also interesting is the camera guy was able to know right where it was in rural China to catch the last second of it. I'm surprised too it was able to leak to the press. It was a very short video, curious how long he was recording. Looked like the last wing broke off there. 

If all is as it appears, truely devastating.

Why speculate? As I said, let's hope that the NTSB is invited to offer it's expertise in the investigation so that something positive arises from this tragedy.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 08:09:24 PM »
Also interesting is the camera guy was able to know right where it was in rural China to catch the last second of it. I'm surprised too it was able to leak to the press. It was a very short video, curious how long he was recording. Looked like the last wing broke off there.

Ya know that CCTV means there is no 'camera guy'.

The state of education and reading comprehension in Amerika is honestly appalling.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2022, 02:36:15 AM »

The state of education and reading comprehension in Amerika is honestly appalling.

We educate people to work in factories, and yet we sold all of our factories. Go figure.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2022, 02:56:07 AM »
I'm not a professional inspector by any means, but I used to detail interior refits for everything from Lears to commercial jets. What I discovered fit with every other industry I have worked in. It doesn't matter if the business cooks chicken, fries burgers, or builds jets they all have the same issues. The head office incentivizes fast work, rapid pacing, and shortcuts, to the point that supervisors place great demands upon the crews. They say they have time to do the job correctly, but they don't. Time-based management has been a ticking time bomb since the 1980's. Just look up books from the period (like "The Five-Minute Manager") and you see how the effect that the thinking of the time could avalanche into the problems of today. Ford and Chevy can't even build vehicles worth a plugged nickel anymore. Even Lockheed produced an entire year's worth of C5's that won't fly (although, in all fairness the capabilities did change when the M-1 grew to a 100-ton package). Cool airplane though!

EDIT: added YT link.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1zm_BEYFiU&ab_channel=MaximusAviation
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 03:07:36 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2022, 07:24:19 AM »
I'm not a professional inspector by any means, but I used to detail interior refits for everything from Lears to commercial jets. What I discovered fit with every other industry I have worked in. It doesn't matter if the business cooks chicken, fries burgers, or builds jets they all have the same issues. The head office incentivizes fast work, rapid pacing, and shortcuts, to the point that supervisors place great demands upon the crews. They say they have time to do the job correctly, but they don't. Time-based management has been a ticking time bomb since the 1980's.
If you haven't seen the Netflix docu "Downfall: The Case Against Boeing", I highly recommend it. Basically exactly what you described.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 07:33:41 AM »

The video I was watching of it did not say CCTV. Who do you think controls the schooling system in America, Doochebag? The same clowns that put masks on kids for 8 hours a day at school while they sit at their desks. It's the same education your country is getting because it's controlled by pretty much the same people. Of course its a total sham. All they care about is kids going to college to learn about theory. The same idiots who run the school system are the same idiots running the country into the ground. Least I become a high paid Controller though because I'm actually smart and jobs aren't really that dependent on public schooling. They don't even teach Accounting in public school. I had to learn it myself.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 07:53:58 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2022, 09:11:20 AM »
"They don't even teach Accounting in public school. I had to learn it myself."

They don't teach math in schools anymore?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 09:15:54 AM »
Accounting and math are not one in the same.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com