Author Topic: Well done  (Read 6261 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Well done
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2022, 09:40:44 AM »

More ways to win a war than militarily these days

A supply chain can't invade and occupy Taiwan.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2022, 10:06:42 AM »
I could be wrong, but I don't think sanctions have ever really been effective at getting the intended results. Sometimes the affected country just starts a war. Other times, the country just seems to suck it up and keep on going  forever.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2022, 10:36:16 AM »
I could be wrong, but I don't think sanctions have ever really been effective at getting the intended results. Sometimes the affected country just starts a war. Other times, the country just seems to suck it up and keep on going  forever.

We essentially defeated the Soviet Union with a long term, low grade economic war without all-out military engagement.

Star Wars (even if it was largely fake) was the nail in the coffin when they realized there was going to be no way their economy could compete with the expense that would take to match our efforts.

If China decides to go suicidal and start a shooting war with us that would be unfortunate.  Americans would die, but no knowledgeable person has any doubt of the outcome of a full-scale conflict with the US.

However, the fundamental point is, the unexpected resolve of the West in the Ukraine example, and the object lesson of the difficulty of an invasion even under near ideal conditions, is changing China's ROI calculations of a Taiwan invasion as we speak, making it much less likely they will pull the trigger after all.  Every dead Russian in Ukraine saves an American life in the Taiwan Straight.  The Chinese aren't Jihadists.  Suicide really isn't their jam.

The best chance a overall world peace is putting more warheads on Russian foreheads in Ukraine and utterly crushing them economically for generations.   Russia has it coming, and China is watching.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2022, 10:39:35 AM »
China man bad :rofl
Russian man bad :rofl
All your investment portfolios and savings are linked to big US financial institutions investing in china :rofl

You people never blame yourselves always others.

Reality check you people have no say in any political decisions.

In August it will be the Middle East again and then it will the covid nonesense.

No wonder the elites despise the lower orders.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2022, 11:54:04 AM »
We essentially defeated the Soviet Union with a long term, low grade economic war without all-out military engagement.

Star Wars (even if it was largely fake) was the nail in the coffin when they realized there was going to be no way their economy could compete with the expense that would take to match our efforts.

If China decides to go suicidal and start a shooting war with us that would be unfortunate.  Americans would die, but no knowledgeable person has any doubt of the outcome of a full-scale conflict with the US.

However, the fundamental point is, the unexpected resolve of the West in the Ukraine example, and the object lesson of the difficulty of an invasion even under near ideal conditions, is changing China's ROI calculations of a Taiwan invasion as we speak, making it much less likely they will pull the trigger after all.  Every dead Russian in Ukraine saves an American life in the Taiwan Straight.  The Chinese aren't Jihadists.  Suicide really isn't their jam.

The best chance a overall world peace is putting more warheads on Russian foreheads in Ukraine and utterly crushing them economically for generations.   Russia has it coming, and China is watching.

Excellent points. Thank you!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »

A supply chain can't invade and occupy Taiwan.

It doesn't have to

See what it's done to the globe today

What if a strain of covid that is truly as lethal against the healthy as the previous ones were against the most elderly and the morbidly obese suddenly popped up in Taiwan?

It worked with Hong Kong ... stopped all that noise immediately

More than one way to skin a cat...and China is working on them now

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2022, 05:26:42 PM »
Maybe somebody should read a book on fast trains.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2022, 06:01:07 PM »
China has the world on its knees with self created supply chain shortages..

I think China is a house of cards built on inflated currency. The supply chain can recover without China. China can't recover without foreign trade. Their one child policy has given them a poor future. They have a surfeit of single military age men which tends to destabilize governments if you don't send them off somewhere. My worry is that, like with Russia, the problem is not their strength but their weakness and desperation and nukes. China is rolling along, not off the tracks like Russia now, but heading for trouble.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2022, 07:16:36 PM »
I think China is a house of cards built on inflated currency. The supply chain can recover without China. China can't recover without foreign trade. Their one child policy has given them a poor future. They have a surfeit of single military age men which tends to destabilize governments if you don't send them off somewhere. My worry is that, like with Russia, the problem is not their strength but their weakness and desperation and nukes. China is rolling along, not off the tracks like Russia now, but heading for trouble.
China is no rush. It has always played the waiting game. Probably waiting for the USofA to implode.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2022, 08:10:45 PM »
Maybe somebody should read a book on fast trains.

😅

But books are only for people that don't already know everything already. I think our abrasive friend already knows everything.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2022, 12:56:26 AM »
China is no rush. It has always played the waiting game. Probably waiting for the USofA to implode.

What?  Wait a second.  I thought you said in another thread that MMGW was going to kill us all.  I wish you people would pick a scare tactic and stick with it.  China on the other hand is a REAL threat. 
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2022, 02:35:32 AM »
What?  Wait a second.  I thought you said in another thread that MMGW was going to kill us all.  I wish you people would pick a scare tactic and stick with it.  China on the other hand is a REAL threat.

Well he also said that I (and Eagler) start the most threads that get locked, when in fact he started 4 and so did I in the past year that ended up locked.

I don’t know about him, but I don’t start threads with the intention that they’ll get get locked whether it be sooner or later. 

^ I’m sure Arlo will be along soon to counter.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2022, 03:12:25 AM »
😅

But books are only for people that don't already know everything already. I think our abrasive friend already knows everything.

:rofl

You know everything already

The most moronic thing I have ever read on this forum.

Advocating don’t read a book :rofl

You people are well are frightening :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2022, 09:25:06 AM »
^ I’m sure Arlo will be along soon to counter.

I never intended to take up permanent shelf space in your mind. :old:

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2022, 12:50:19 PM »
You sure have a reading comprehension problem.