Author Topic: Monkey pox  (Read 3436 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Monkey pox
« on: May 22, 2022, 07:58:16 AM »
Apparently there is a monkey pox epidemic.

I habe taken down my Ukrainian flag.

I support monkeys in this terrible time
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Monkey pox
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 08:11:32 AM »
Cases are already in double digits.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 09:20:52 AM »
Last night I was reading that they just found a case in Canada.

I mean, what in the world is going on?. How is the spreading? People that haven't even been in contact with the normal transmission suspects.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 09:24:03 AM »
It's homosexual sex linked to two gay events in Europe. It's not an epidemic.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 11:14:28 AM »
It's homosexual sex linked to two gay events in Europe. It's not an epidemic.

that's what they said about AIDS.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 12:11:16 PM »
There are sometimes coincidences, where global organizations tabletop exercise a scenario that ends up in part happening.

Such as this from the NTI conference in March, 2021, where the game scenario starts with Monkeypox outbreak in May, 2022:

https://www.nti.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/NTI_Paper_BIO-TTX_Final.pdf#page=12

Or Event 201, in October, 2019, by Johns Hopkins, World Economic Forum, and Gates Foundation:

"Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic. The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms."

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/scenario.html

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 12:38:03 PM »
that's what they said about AIDS.

They were correct. It was a big deal because Fauci screwed it up.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 01:13:37 PM »
My monkey is now in log down :)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 02:02:49 PM »
My monkey's name is "Poxworth".  He is properly English and hates yellow mustard.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 02:03:03 PM »
They were correct. It was a big deal because Fauci screwed it up.

Well, it became an epidemic. Just saying.

The monkeypox supposedly can spread though sexual contact, which is the novel part of this one, but it will also spread through bites, scratches, contact with bodily fluids, and sneezing. So it has the potential to be pretty bad if it's spreading like it is.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 03:49:18 PM »
How hard is it really to avoid swapping spit with strangers? 

This has the potential to lead the news cycle until something better comes along.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2022, 04:25:55 PM »
 I've done a little bit more reading about it and the most common way that monkey pox is transmitted is by inhaling large droplets from people's breath or coughs or sneezes. It's just that it's not very transmissible to humans at this point that we know of. If it becomes more transmissible then it's going to be another roadkill lockdown scenario.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 04:46:39 PM by -gg- »

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2022, 05:18:32 PM »
Well, it became an epidemic. Just saying.

The monkeypox supposedly can spread though sexual contact, which is the novel part of this one, but it will also spread through bites, scratches, contact with bodily fluids, and sneezing. So it has the potential to be pretty bad if it's spreading like it is.

I hope you get the fact that there is a HUGE difference between monkeypox and AIDS.  Yes, more people are living longer, productive lives after being diagnosed with full blown AIDS.  I have two friends who have AIDS.  The truth is that the number of people with AIDS rises every year, but the mortality rate - deaths/infected individuals - goes down because treatment is so effective.  On the other hand, half of all people who ever were diagnosed with AIDS have died.

Latest count for monkeypox in the US is 6 cases.  Mp has a mortality rate of <3%. 

News stories are pretty much like steak.  All steak is the same (don't believe anything you hear about Angus beef being better, it's not) so what they have to sell is the sizzle.  Since good news doesn't sell, they have to sell the sizzle, that mp is spreading and highly contagious.

Not just my opinion.  Because one of my cousins died of complications related to AIDS (25 years ago and I've moved on) and because of my work with the AIDS population in my county and surrounding counties, I've spend a lot of time and effort in education with regard to AIDS.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2022, 06:16:38 PM »
I've done a little bit more reading about it and the most common way that monkey pox is transmitted is by inhaling large droplets from people's breath or coughs or sneezes. It's just that it's not very transmissible to humans at this point that we know of. If it becomes more transmissible then it's going to be another roadkill lockdown scenario.

Sounds like another excuse for the govt to force the people to mask again
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women