Author Topic: Game is a dead horse  (Read 3576 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Game is a dead horse
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2022, 08:38:44 AM »
Where are all the hacks and cheats people talk about?  Is it only the bad players that see them?

99% of the accusations are whines. There are a couple of known issues in game, the 3 story building access bug for one. There is also an alleged long distance gv view, that allows ones to see through trees and hills, an EVGA utility program as I understand it.

For the most part players get killed, or shoot someone and nothing happens, and they can't explain why. So if you don't understand why, it must be a hack.  :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2022, 09:59:51 AM »
Yep, situational awareness is everything. I've had some funky stuff happen, but I just chalk it up to a gap in my awareness.

For example, just yesterday I was engaging some bandits in my Spit 8, and one of my teammates told me to check 6. Well I checked every view, and a moment later I hear a burst of 20mm gunfire and lose both of my elevators. Barely survived a BnZ by a Tempest, which I was lucky enough to escape without my elevators, managed to land it.

The only thing I still suspect is an actual cheat is App75's bomber gunnery. Literally every time I intercept him, he starts landing a lot of hits at 2K range with high speed and deflection, and every time he shoots me down with said gunnery, the damage always happens in the exact same pattern: Engine oil, Engine, Left Wing, Pilot Killed. No way someone's that accurate without an aimbot.

But that's very different from situational awareness.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline UpMaKilt

• Zinc Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2022, 10:58:51 AM »

No way someone's that accurate without an aimbot.

Hrmm. Could be APP75 is a very experienced player and hitting an aircraft 2k out approaching your six in a straight line isn't actually difficult. BnZ, aim for the wing roots, don't get on his six and play catch up, thats just dumb. As for "aimbots" I've yet to see anyone produce evidence of them.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2022, 12:37:25 PM »
Come on back Morph, I don't get on much but I have fun when I do.

I've been thinking about it. I'm not even sure if my account is still up and running right now. I might try after work tonight to dust off the stick and throttle and get in to the MA tonight! I see the same crap is still going on and this rant will be here no matter what. I can say that for a fact when I was a newb and learning the ropes I never once accused another player of cheating or hacking no mater how bad I got my arse handed to me! :rolleyes:
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2022, 01:44:47 PM »
I've been thinking about it. I'm not even sure if my account is still up and running right now. I might try after work tonight to dust off the stick and throttle and get in to the MA tonight! I see the same crap is still going on and this rant will be here no matter what. I can say that for a fact when I was a newb and learning the ropes I never once accused another player of cheating or hacking no mater how bad I got my arse handed to me! :rolleyes:

Your gaming experience will heavily depend on what map is currently running in the arena.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2022, 01:47:54 PM »
The only thing I still suspect is an actual cheat is App75's bomber gunnery. Literally every time I intercept him, he starts landing a lot of hits at 2K range with high speed and deflection, and every time he shoots me down with said gunnery, the damage always happens in the exact same pattern: Engine oil, Engine, Left Wing, Pilot Killed. No way someone's that accurate without an aimbot.

But that's very different from situational awareness.

You might check your attack patterns. Yes, APP75 is extremely good, I got pinged by him almost all the time and send home smoking more than just a few times as well - but still I killed his bombers way more often than he killed me. I'd just don't can allow myself to become sloppy  in my approaches, cause if I do, I'm toast.

To put it in some numbers, the last 8 Tours I was fighting against him I ended up at 65-2 when he was flying B-24s, 5-3 when he was in B-29s (the best B-29 gunner I ever went against), 18-0 in Lancasters and 3-0 in B-17s.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2022, 02:10:52 PM »

You might check your attack patterns. Yes, APP75 is extremely good, I got pinged by him almost all the time and send home smoking more than just a few times as well - but still I killed his bombers way more often than he killed me. I'd just don't can allow myself to become sloppy  in my approaches, cause if I do, I'm toast.

To put it in some numbers, the last 8 Tours I was fighting against him I ended up at 65-2 when he was flying B-24s, 5-3 when he was in B-29s (the best B-29 gunner I ever went against), 18-0 in Lancasters and 3-0 in B-17s.

My go-to approach pattern that works against him (using a Mosquito Mk 6, so lots of firepower):

Climb to 6,000 feet above him (2K), then level off and get right above him. Hard nose over with a burst on the way down, and a prolonged burst from directly beneath the bomber. Works really really well against Lancasters since they have a dead spot right underneath, but with Liberators it gets hairy.
I currently am 9-0 with the Mosquito.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2022, 05:50:37 PM »

I thought the same thing for awhile until I started using bombers and saw just how easy it was to slaughter people.  But I was having a problem with him forever, if I had constant movement he would never land a shot, but as soon as my plane kept the same path for a second I would be in the tower, which led me to believe it was auto lead going on.  Now I just assume I'll have to RTB after one pass on him and hope I get one or two in the pass.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2022, 06:20:58 PM »
AH is fading but not for reasons stated.  Smaller population, players passing, players moving on to other games, lack of development, etc. Sad to see as AH was one of my first online gaming loves
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2022, 06:51:16 PM »
I started playing combat flight sims on AOL back in 1995 and have played many over the years all the way up until this latest iteration of Aces High. Some of the things that have brought this game down are the constant use and abuse of hacks and cheats, moderators and the OWNER of the game allowing older players to abuse newer players verbally and when new players retaliate the owner and moderators silence the new players. Without an influx of new people in this game it is dead. Dale you buried your own game. That is all! Rant over.

Were any of the events you list above perpetrated on or against you.? Cross country radio communication was disabled long ago, So it would be kinda hard to rip new players without Mods seeing it if one is on. Depending on the conversation of course. Now if you haven't been called a hack or a cheat then you must not be very good to earn those titles. And if you don't want to be called those things or see those claims then turn 200 channel off. Otherwise your just a troll
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2022, 07:05:06 PM »
Where are all the hacks and cheats people talk about?  Is it only the bad players that see them?

This pretty much sums up the cheating accusations

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2022, 12:53:30 PM »
Speaking of cheating accusations...

:D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2022, 01:44:41 PM »
Naked wrestling in pudding is an unpleasant image.

- oldman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2022, 01:46:52 PM »
Naked wrestling in pudding is an unpleasant image.

Speak for yourself!  :old:

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2022, 01:57:08 PM »
Speaking of cheating accusations...
(Image removed from quote.)

:D

Now that's just entertaining!  :rofl
Turn n' Burn!