Author Topic: Game is a dead horse  (Read 3639 times)

Offline RebelPatriot

• Zinc Member
Game is a dead horse
« on: July 04, 2022, 12:01:42 PM »
I started playing combat flight sims on AOL back in 1995 and have played many over the years all the way up until this latest iteration of Aces High. Some of the things that have brought this game down are the constant use and abuse of hacks and cheats, moderators and the OWNER of the game allowing older players to abuse newer players verbally and when new players retaliate the owner and moderators silence the new players. Without an influx of new people in this game it is dead. Dale you buried your own game. That is all! Rant over.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Game is a dead horse
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 12:14:10 PM »
More BS from a player that isnt happy with his poor skill level.

Wheres the proof of all these "Hacks and cheats"? Moderators in my experience are too lax, but when they do step in it is ALWAYS proven to be the right move. Covid along with low numbers did a number on the game and it does seem like Hitech is "just riding it out", but we dont know whats going on in the background these days. Hitech has never been easily forth coming with what he's up to. I hope he working on a plan, so Ill stick around to see what he comes up with. Even if he doesnt come up with something, this is still the best flight sim out there.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 12:26:47 PM »
Lol if it's so bad then just leave.......  :rofl

I still like it and I'll be a cranky fart about it if you try to convince me otherwise. I just got into online combat flight sims this year and I'm doing more than fine, I've actually clocked up 50+ kills in the space of a couple weeks.

This game is fine, I have a lot more to learn from the old timers than people just out to play a game.  :neener:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 03:14:48 PM »
Jeez another one
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 03:17:03 PM »
Wait, did he ask for a refund too?
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 03:30:40 PM »
Yep, He did ask for a refund.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 03:54:24 PM »
I have never been happy.

I might log on this week end.

The fact that some clown is getting angry over a cartoon game shows how degenerate the proliatariat has become.

Imagine going to your Mrs complaining about a game  :rofl

You would bin bagged straight away
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 04:02:02 PM »
I started playing combat flight sims on AOL back in 1995 and have played many over the years all the way up until this latest iteration of Aces High. Some of the things that have brought this game down are the constant use and abuse of hacks and cheats, moderators and the OWNER of the game allowing older players to abuse newer players verbally and when new players retaliate the owner and moderators silence the new players. Without an influx of new people in this game it is dead. Dale you buried your own game. That is all! Rant over.

Give WarBirds a try for three months, then come back and tell us how AH is full of cheaters and hacks.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 05:31:24 PM »
Give WarBirds a try for three months, then come back and tell us how AH is full of cheaters and hacks.

Latest addition in WB are invisible grunts, I was told by one player who was there.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 05:37:45 PM »
Someone should bring Air Warrior back!

I miss that 2 inch screen

:airplane:
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »
I sure do miss that AH "family" that used to be here and this game offered far more than any other game in the world. Metting and eating mountains of wings together! And those wing's were said to have been the very best this country has Ever had!

There's got to be that night where I'll grab my HOTAS and plug em in and set em back up on my desk.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2022, 07:34:24 PM »
I sure do miss that AH "family" that used to be here and this game offered far more than any other game in the world. Metting and eating mountains of wings together! And those wing's were said to have been the very best this country has Ever had!

There's got to be that night where I'll grab my HOTAS and plug em in and set em back up on my desk.

Can't remember the name of the arena so I'll call it 'fighter island'.  Up and go HTH with very nearby bases.  It was a hoot.  I wound up gravitating to AVA eventually because I liked the numbers and the challenge of mastering a new airframe for a week but FSO's were what kept me going and what I REALLY want to get back into.  Maybe some special events too.  I remember sitting in a Spit for a few hours before we got the launch order and the banter made the sitting on the tarmac more than worth it. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 08:54:53 AM »
Can't remember the name of the arena so I'll call it 'fighter island'.  Up and go HTH with very nearby bases.  It was a hoot.  I wound up gravitating to AVA eventually because I liked the numbers and the challenge of mastering a new airframe for a week but FSO's were what kept me going and what I REALLY want to get back into.  Maybe some special events too.  I remember sitting in a Spit for a few hours before we got the launch order and the banter made the sitting on the tarmac more than worth it.

A lot of folks in H2H used my Shuff's Paradise terrain.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 08:57:10 AM »
Whining and crying is the actual dead horse.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 08:54:31 PM »

Hey, Morpheus. How have you been? I'm not sure if you remember me. Nuke.

It's good to see you around.

:)
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.