Author Topic: Moderator Abuse. Again.  (Read 4278 times)

Offline capera

• Copper Member
Re: Moderator Abuse. Again.
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2022, 11:38:50 AM »
Someone messing around can find it. May just be on a long climb out.

I have compensated for the "long climb out" threat....in the placement of the CV. The only thing that will ruin this asset being discovered is a player gives it's location away.

Yes...there is a rare chance that someone might discover it naturally, but it has not happened yet. I have had these CV's at these positions for days. What a great asset to have way back in NME territory, one just needs to be smart enough to recognize it's tactical value and not disrupt operations.

Most understand what I am doing...and enjoy the rewards of my efforts on the front lines.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2022, 12:33:02 PM »
You are not protecting it. It is vulnerable. Simple as that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2022, 12:43:16 PM »
Log off, lose control of the CV. 
How much more simple can that be?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2022, 12:47:42 PM »
You are not protecting it. It is vulnerable. Simple as that.

Seems to me....no matter how it's explained to you, you are unable to see a value. That is ok....because it's not my job to teach the unteachable.

:aok

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2022, 01:35:36 PM »
The CV doesn't get attacked. It is hidden.....and missions off it, are NOE. Unless....a noob or someone with mind set like Osmium's comes along and gives it away.

I never use intel I gained as rook when I go bish. Or vice versa.

That being said...

I DO remember player tendencies.

If your hidden CV gets sunk while you are sleeping because I know where it is likely to be, and then gets stuck at rook port and no one can move it, guess why, fellow rooks.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2022, 02:09:38 PM »
I never use intel I gained as rook when I go bish. Or vice versa.

No...you did worst. You intentionally got our CV sunk, while serving as a Rook.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2022, 02:31:02 PM »
The CV doesn't get attacked. It is hidden.....and missions off it, are NOE. Unless....a noob or someone with mind set like Osmium's comes along and gives it away.

Or someone on the other side with a passion for strategic / meta gameplay and experience comes along.

First, anyone around here for some time could knows about the way you are using the CV on certain maps. (It's nothing new or unique either, it's just with the low numbers of these days you are probably the last player left to do these things).

What I used to do on certain maps is checking the strats for damage patterns with the dt command. Damage from bombers has a markedly different pattern from Jabo or CA/BB bombardment, both in time and spatial distribution. So when I would notice someone is hitting the strats with NOE jabos, I very well might come to the conclusion that there may be a CV involved.
At this point I would (and in the past often have) up a single Arado with DTs and a single bomb and go scouting. If I actually found a CV it was near the strats most of the time, but If I knew you were on another team I wouldn't hesitate to scan vast areas... and on most maps it boils down to a few places. The oceans are not as large anymore as they used to be with the megamaps anyway.

Of course doing such or similar things has gotten me quite a number of "cheater" calls in the past. But then people also don't believe one can find a bomber mission by watching sector dar moving across the map.  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2022, 02:48:33 PM »

Or someone on the other side with a passion for strategic / meta gameplay and experience comes along.

First, anyone around here for some time could knows about the way you are using the CV on certain maps. (It's nothing new or unique either, it's just with the low numbers of these days you are probably the last player left to do these things).

What I used to do on certain maps is checking the strats for damage patterns with the dt command. Damage from bombers has a markedly different pattern from Jabo or CA/BB bombardment, both in time and spatial distribution. So when I would notice someone is hitting the strats with NOE jabos, I very well might come to the conclusion that there may be a CV involved.
At this point I would (and in the past often have) up a single Arado with DTs and a single bomb and go scouting. If I actually found a CV it was near the strats most of the time, but If I knew you were on another team I wouldn't hesitate to scan vast areas... and on most maps it boils down to a few places. The oceans are not as large anymore as they used to be with the megamaps anyway.

Of course doing such or similar things has gotten me quite a number of "cheater" calls in the past. But then people also don't believe one can find a bomber mission by watching sector dar moving across the map.  ;)

<<S>> Lusche, it has been a long while since we tangled, my friend. Hope to see you in the (un)friendly skies sometime. Hope you're doing well.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2022, 07:23:52 AM »
Seems to me....no matter how it's explained to you, you are unable to see a value. That is ok....because it's not my job to teach the unteachable.

:aok

You definitely do not get it.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »
Huh, so this is still a thing.  Someone of high rank takes command of CV and logs off, there by locking the CV to everyone unless they are a higher rank than the person who logged off.

Why is this a thing? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2022, 01:13:36 PM »
You definitely do not get it.

Oh.. I get it. You troll these forums more than you fly. No matter how its explained, you are determined not to see a tactical value in what I do....and again, that's ok, as it is not my job to educate you or train you. If you want to remain naive and ignorant, your choice.

So... I will continue to manage the CV groups in the manner I chose. IF you and anyone else does not agree with that, then work hard (like I had to)...earn a better rank and take it from me. That....or pay my $14.95 a month and then you can dictate to me how to play.

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2022, 01:57:33 PM »
Oh.. I get it. You troll these forums more than you fly. No matter how its explained, you are determined not to see a tactical value in what I do....and again, that's ok, as it is not my job to educate you or train you. If you want to remain naive and ignorant, your choice.

So... I will continue to manage the CV groups in the manner I chose. IF you and anyone else does not agree with that, then work hard (like I had to)...earn a better rank and take it from me. That....or pay my $14.95 a month and then you can dictate to me how to play.

How does being a team player and doing whatever you want, no matter what your team mates want, go together?

Apparently your definition of team player and dictator are interchangeable.

You spend all of your time achieving a high rank and then dictate whatever you can with your rank. That doesn't sound very fun.

We like to have fun. Can you comprehend that? Can you let us have fun? Are you willing to be a team player? or a dictator?
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2022, 02:19:04 PM »
Cartoon General..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2022, 02:23:13 PM »
How does being a team player and doing whatever you want, no matter what your team mates want, go together?

Apparently your definition of team player and dictator are interchangeable.

You spend all of your time achieving a high rank and then dictate whatever you can with your rank. That doesn't sound very fun.

We like to have fun. Can you comprehend that? Can you let us have fun? Are you willing to be a team player? or a dictator?

Your curlers are in too tight, Karen. 

I have no issues with being a team player. I work with a lot of other 'normal' players. The dysfunctional ones in the sim...are the ones that no matter how you explain it to them, they still have that glazed look in their eyes. They cannot help it...I guess.

When you start keeping the strats down....as much as I do.....come back here and spew. Until then....think it's time to shut your pie hole.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 02:38:24 PM by capera »

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2022, 02:39:16 PM »
All done here....Trolls. Been fun.  :aok