Author Topic: Indiana Mall - Rendering of good Samaritan's perspective  (Read 1530 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Indiana Mall - Rendering of good Samaritan's perspective
« on: July 22, 2022, 09:56:39 PM »
This kid did an amazing job. He placed 8 of 10 rounds into the shooter from over 40 yards across the food court. He neutralized the shooter within 15 seconds.
He also ushered people behind him to leave and told his girlfriend to get down. He probably saved a lot of lives

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Indiana Mall - Rendering of good Samaritan's perspective
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 10:31:35 PM »
The police will shoot you and your dog for very little justification and will get off with no issues 98 percent of the time. 

Good on the poor guy who stopped the shooter. Bad on the police.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 06:08:59 AM »
Hell of a shot with a hand gun in a combat situation at that distance
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »
First shot was 40 yards and a hit, then he moved for closer shots.  If the mall shooter hadn't waited an hour in the bathroom first he wouldn't have been stopped right away. Lucky timing.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 09:50:21 AM »
I remember reading something that the police said. I think it was the police chief or something like that in that town. That the kid moved in a tactical, sound way or something like that.

By looking at the picture it looks like that would be a hard shot, but that's a small picture. I think that when you're in a big mall and you're seeing everything life size it looks a little differently.

I played paintball once or twice. And I'm not good at that or anything but someone who knows what they're doing will get you every time.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 07:41:00 AM »
The story is a nightmare for the left leaning media ..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 08:27:27 AM »
Hard to believe from that distance. I am a bit skeptical if that is actually the distance. Amazing if so.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2022, 08:44:21 AM »
40 yards at the range is not that hard for that size target, but in a mall shooting at an armed murderer in your first gunfight and hitting your first shot, it's incredible.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2022, 11:49:19 AM »
That's what I was thinking. In real life, 40 yards does not look super far compared to that rendering.... but yeah, incredible poise and shooting. It's not like shooting at a range. More like combat.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 07:40:34 AM »
The story is a nightmare for the left leaning media ..

Eagler

Yeah, this is the lead from the NY Times piece on the guy.   "When a bystander fatally shot an assailant at an Indiana mall, the country again debated the wisdom of easier access to guns."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/19/us/armed-bystander-indiana-mall-shooting.html
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 07:48:23 AM »
40 yards at the range is not that hard for that size target, but in a mall shooting at an armed murderer in your first gunfight and hitting your first shot, it's incredible.
Lets see a video of you doing it with your compact or subcompact pistol.  :aok
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 07:54:35 AM »
If we all had six shooters on our hips there would be less gun violence

It's the sick creeps who think they are the only ones armed that is the problem not the piece of metal with a barrel

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2022, 08:32:54 AM »
Yep. And they always go to places where they think people won't be armed. Just like this mall shooting. Or school shootings.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2022, 09:46:44 AM »
Gun free zones do not protect. They attract those who wish to commit maximum damage without risk to themselves until they are done. It is the epitome of a shooting gallery where the rounds or knives only go one direction.

While the concept is nice it fails miserably on the altar of reality as do many of liberal ideas. As I have stated before and still believe. Liberal political thinking is a sign of a mental disorder characterized by a severe disconnect from reality and a total misunderstanding of human nature.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown